About the MTX Thunderforms
Crinkled french fries, discarded receipts, old gum wrappers you probably have everything in the hidden corners of your vehicle except great bass. ThunderForm enclosures fill the nooks and crannies of your vehicle with low tones that stand out, but their factory look blends right in.
MTX engineers evaluate the "sonic signatures" of top-selling vehicles so they can design ThunderForms as custom acoustic matches. Each ThunderForm fits and blends inconspicuously into your vehicle, so you get great bass without losing any space. They're made of high-density polyethylene resin to curb resonances they deliver bass that's tight, hard-hitting, and way down low. The airtight enclosure provides the correct internal volume to yield optimum bass response.
ThunderForms house rugged Thunder4500 subwoofers their strong, light cones and special suspension design ensure high output and low distortion. A venting system keeps them cool so they'll handle the heat even if you've got the volume cranked.
MTX Thunderforms reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MTX Thunderforms
Molded Enclosure: The molded, high-density polyethylene resin enclosure resists flexing and dampens resonance.
Thunder4500 Woofer: This enclosure comes loaded with a 12" Thunder4500 woofer.
- Carbon-filled Polypropylene Cone: The woofer cone is made of carbon-filled polypropylene. Carbon adds strength and heat resistance to polypropylene; the result is reduced distortion and improved reliability. In addition, the cone is also very resistant to environmental extremes. The woofer uses a polyether foam surround.
- Asymmetrical Linear Drive System (ALDS): The Asymmetrical Linear Drive System consists of a flat, progressive spider that improves suspension and an extended vented pole piece that smoothes out the cone's linear motion. The result is high output and low distortion.
- Spider Plateau Venting: Heat from the voice coil is vented through metal-mesh covered vents that surround the back of the spider.
- Voice Coil: The voice coil is wound on a high-temperature former to promote high power handling.
- Strontium Ferrite Magnet: The strontium ferrite magnet yields a highly efficient speaker.
Sensitivity: In the features and specs section, the subwoofer sensitivity is automatically rounded up to 90 dB. The woofer actually has a sensitivity rating of 89.8 dB.
5 Year Warranty Terms: This product carries a 5-Year Prorated Warranty with the following terms:
- Years 1-2: Products found to be defective in materials or workmanship during the first two years will be, at Mitek's option, repaired or replaced by Mitek at no charge. The warranty period does not renew, but continues on from the original date of purchase.
- Years 3-5: The purchase price of an item which becomes defective after the first two years and prior to the end of the warranty period will be prorated and credited toward the purchase of a new MTX product. The amount of proration is determined by dividing the original purchase price by the number of months in the warranty period (60), then multiplying the result by the number of months remaining in the warranty period.