About the MTX Amplified ThunderForms
Crinkled french fries, discarded receipts, old gum wrappers — you probably have everything in the hidden corners of your vehicle except great bass. ThunderForm enclosures fill the nooks and crannies of your vehicle with low tones that stand out, but their factory look blends right in.
MTX engineers evaluate the "sonic signatures" of top-selling vehicles so they can design ThunderForms as custom acoustic matches. Each ThunderForm fits and blends inconspicuously into your vehicle, so you get great bass without losing any space. They're made of high-density polyethylene resin to curb resonances — they deliver bass that's tight, hard-hitting, and way down low. The airtight enclosure provides the correct internal volume to yield optimum bass response.
This amplified ThunderForm comes equipped with a cool-running 200-watt amp that's custom designed to provide optimal power without straining your vehicle's electrical system. MTX's Electronic Bass Control (EBC) lets you adjust the bass level from the driver's seat. A variety of inputs allow easy integration into your vehicle's sound system, and the included 20' power harness simplifies supplying power to the amp.
- custom-fit powered subwoofer
- enclosure fits under rear seat on driver's side
- special-design 12" Terminator subwoofer
- built-in 200-watt RMS Class-D amplifier
- high-density polyethylene enclosure
- variable low-pass filter (50-150 Hz at 12 dB per octave)
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- 20' power harness included
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # F150C04BK12A-TN
What's in the box:
- Black amplified ThunderForm enclosure loaded with one 12" Terminator subwoofer and a 20A ATC fuse
- Wiring harness (20' power lead/3' ground lead and 3' remote turn-on lead)
- 1 Fuse holder with attached wire loop
- One 20A ATC fuse
- One 0.202" crimp-on ring
- One 0.414" crimp-on ring
- 1 Yellow butt connector
- Two 5' RCA high-level input wires (each wire has an RCA connector on one end and tinned wire on the other end)
- External bass control with attached 17.5' cable (has a right-angle minijack stereo connector)
- 1 Plastic knob (for the external bass control)
- Metal bracket
- 1 Medium flat washer
- 2 Small flat washers
- 2 Lock washers
- 1 Hex nut
- One 3-3/4" cable tie
- 1 External bass control sticker
- 2 Large flat washers
- 2 Large self-tapping screws
MTX Amplified ThunderForms reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MTX Amplified ThunderForms
Class D Amplifier: The enclosure contains a built-in 200-watt Class D (digital) amplifier that allows RCA or speaker-level input. The amplifier is highly efficient and designed specifically for use with the subwoofer in the enclosure.
Built-in Low-pass Filter: The low-pass filter frequency can be varied from 50 to 150 Hz for a seamless transition between the output of this unit and that of the other speakers in the vehicle.
High/Low-Level Input: The unit offers one pair of RCA inputs that can be used with a High Level (speaker-level) or Low Level (preamp-level) input signal. A pair of High Level input wires (tinned bare wire-to-RCA plug) is included.
Auto Turn-On Feature: When the Thunderform is connected using a speaker-level input signal, the amplifier will automatically detect the signal and turn on and off with the radio. The auto turn-on feature does not operate when a preamp level input signal is used, therefore the remote turn-on lead should be connected.
External Bass Control: The external bass control allows you to adjust the bass level from anywhere in the vehicle.
Terminator Woofer: This enclosure comes loaded with one 12" Terminator woofer.
Note: The woofer has an unusual impedance, specifically designed with the amp, and cannot be replaced with a standard MTX model.
Molded Enclosure: The molded, high-density polyethylene resin enclosure resists flexing and dampens resonance.
- Gain Control: rotary control that allows you to set the gain of the amplifier
- Crossover Control: rotary control that allows you to adjust the crossover from 50 to 150 Hz
- Input: left and right RCA jacks; these jacks allow speaker-level input when the supplied RCA high-level input wires are connected
- EBC: mini-jack for use with supplied external bass control
- Harness: 3-pin jack for use with supplied wiring harness
- Fuse: installed 20A ATC fuse
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked