About the MTX ThunderForms
Crinkled french fries, discarded receipts, old gum wrappers — you probably have everything in the hidden corners of your vehicle except great bass. ThunderForm enclosures fill the nooks and crannies of your vehicle with low tones that stand out, but their factory look blends right in.
MTX engineers evaluate the "sonic signatures" of top-selling vehicles so they can design ThunderForms as custom acoustic matches. Each ThunderForm fits and blends inconspicuously into your vehicle, so you get great bass without losing any space. They're made of high-density polyethylene resin to curb resonances — they deliver bass that's tight, hard-hitting, and way down low. The airtight enclosure provides the correct internal volume to yield optimum bass response.
ThunderForms house rugged Terminator subwoofers — their strong, light cones and special suspension design ensure high output and low distortion. A venting system keeps them cool so they'll handle the heat — even if you've got the volume cranked.
- custom-fit subwoofer
- enclosure fits behind seat
- high-density polyethylene resin enclosure
- two 12" Terminator 4-ohm subwoofers
- power range: 100-400 watts RMS (800 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # F150R04T24-T45
What's in the box:
- Tan ThunderForm enclosure loaded with two 12" Thunder4500 subwoofers
- 2 Flat washers
- 2 Large self-tapping screws
- 1 "MTX Audio" sticker
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MTX ThunderForms
Molded Enclosure: The molded, high-density polyethylene resin enclosure resists flexing and dampens resonance.
Thunder4500 Woofers: This enclosure comes loaded with two 12" Thunder4500 dual voice coil woofers. Each woofer has two 4-ohm voice coils. The woofers are wired together to present a 4-ohm load.
- Carbon-filled Polypropylene Cones: Each woofer cone is made of carbon-filled polypropylene. Carbon adds strength and heat resistance to polypropylene; the result is reduced distortion and improved reliability. In addition, the cone is also very resistant to environmental extremes. Each woofer uses a polyether foam surround.
- Asymmetrical Linear Drive System (ALDS): The Asymmetrical Linear Drive System consists of a flat, progressive spider that improves suspension and an extended vented pole piece that smoothes out the cone's linear motion. The result is high output and low distortion.
- Spider Plateau Venting: Heat from the voice coil is vented through metal-mesh covered vents that surround the back of the spider.
- Voice Coils: The voice coils are wound on high-temperature formers to promote high power handling.
- Strontium Ferrite Magnets: The strontium ferrite magnets yield highly efficient speakers.