About the MTX Amplified ThunderForm
Crinkled french fries, discarded receipts, old gum wrappers you probably have everything in the hidden corners of your vehicle except great bass. ThunderForm enclosures fill the nooks and crannies of your vehicle with low tones that stand out, but their factory look blends right in.
MTX engineers evaluate the "sonic signatures" of top-selling vehicles so they can design ThunderForms as custom acoustic matches. Each ThunderForm fits and blends inconspicuously into your vehicle, so you get great bass without losing any space. The high-density polyethylene resin enclosure curbs unwanted resonances from your sub, so you'll hear bass that's tight, hard-hitting, and way down low.
This molded MTX ThunderForm comes loaded with a premium-quality 10" Thunder4500 subwoofer modified especially for amplified Thunderforms, with a specially-designed amp that puts out 200 watts of power. It installs in your 2000-06 Ford F-250 or F-350 SuperCrew pickup behind the rear bench seat. Your factory jack stays in its original location, but you'll have to move the tools under the passenger side of the enclosure. Hardware is included.
- custom-fit powered subwoofer
- enclosure fits behind rear seat of 2000-up Ford F-250 or F-350 SuperCrew
- Thunder4500 10" subwoofer
- built-in 200-watt RMS amplifier
- high-density polyethylene enclosure
- variable low-pass filter (50-150 Hz at 12 dB per octave)
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # F250C00BK10A-T45
What's in the box:
- Black amplified Thunderform with a pre-installed 10" subwoofer and a 20-amp blade fuse
- Wiring harness (20' length of 10-gauge power wire/3' length of 10-gauge ground lead/3' remote turn-on lead)
- Fuse holder with attached wire loop
- One 20-amp blade fuse
- Crimp-on ring connector with large hole
- Crimp-on ring connector with small hole
- 1 Butt connector
- Remote gain control with attached 18.5' cord (mini-plug jack on one end)
- Remote gain knob and sticker
- Two 10' speaker level adaptors (tinned speaker wire on one and a single RCA connection on other end)
- Black metal "L" bracket
- Two 2" self-tapping screws with 2 flat washers
- Two 0.75" self-tapping screw with 2 small washers and one lock nut
- 2 Black metal flat washers and 2 black metal lock washers
- One 3.75" white zip tie
- Installation Manual
- "MTX Audio" sticker
- Notice "Owners Manual Correction" sticker
MTX Amplified ThunderForm reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MTX Amplified ThunderForm
Vehicle-Specific Custom Enclosure: This Amplified MTX ThunderForm enclosure is specifically designed to mount upright behind the rear seat of a 2000-2005 Ford F-250 or F-350 SuperCrew Cab truck with the woofer firing forward. The jack stays in the factory location and the tools relocate to under the passenger side of the enclosure.
Enclosures Dimensions: Width = 30.625", Height = 15.875", Depth = 7.315"
Note: The provided dimensions are taken at the widest points of the enclosure. Since the enclosure is custom made to fit in a particular vehicle, the enclosure will fit properly in only one specific location.
- Powered Screwdriver
- 5/16" Wrench
- 6" Bit Holder Extension
- 10mm and 18mm sockets
- 7/32" Socket Wrench
- T55 Torx Bit
- #2 Phillips Head Bit
- Wire cutters
- Terminal Crimpers
Class D Amplifier: The enclosure contains a built-in 200-watt Class D (digital) amplifier that allows RCA or speaker-level input. The amplifier is highly efficient and designed specifically for use with the subwoofer in the enclosure.
Protection Circuits: The amplifier features over voltage, over current and voice coil short protection to protect the amplifier and woofer.
Woofer: The enclosure comes with a 10" Thunder4500 woofer installed:
- Design: The woofer is a special 0.35-ohm driver utilizing a long excursion voice coil, custom-designed to compliment the efficiency of the Class D amplifier to deliver deep, low bass (Note: Because the woofer has an unusual impedance, specifically designed with the amp, it cannot be replaced with a standard MTX model).
- Materials: The woofer cone is constructed of carbon-filled poly.
- Surrounds: The woofer uses a polyether foam surround.
Built-In Crossover: The crossover frequency can be varied from 50Hz to 150Hz for a seamless transition between the output of this unit and that of the other speakers in the vehicle.
Smart-Engage Feature: When the speaker level inputs are used, the system will automatically turn on and off with the radio. This time-saving feature eliminates the need to remove the head unit when installing the ThunderForm. Note: The auto turn-on feature does not operate when the preamp level inputs are used, unless the remote turn-on lead is connected.
Remote Bass Control: The ThunderForm comes supplied with a wired remote bass control that allows you to remotely adjust the bass from the driver's seat. This is a wired control which needs the cable to be run from the drivers seat to the location of the ThunderForm so it can be plugged in to the ThunderForm.
- Design: The acoustic suspension design gives you tighter, more accurate bass with 0.77 of cubic foot of air space.
- Materials: The high-density polyethylene resin enclosure resists flexing and dampens resonance.
- Colors: The enclosure is available in Black, Grey, Charcoal and Tan.
- Gain Control: Rotary control allows you to set the gain of the amplified sub.
- Crossover Control: Rotary control allows you to adjust the crossover from 50Hz to 150Hz.
- Preamp-Level and Speaker Level Inputs: The amplifier uses Left and right RCA inputs for the preamp-level in as well as the speaker-level in. The ThunderForm comes supplied with Two lengths of speakers wires with bare tinned wire on one end and an RCA connecter on the other end to use for high-level connection.
- 3-Pin Harness Inputs: Power, ground and remote harness
- EBC: Wired Remote Electronic Bass Control Input
- Fuse: 20 Amp fuse (one is installed in the enclosure, plus an extra fuse is supplied)