About the MTX Amplified ThunderForm
Crinkled french fries, discarded receipts, old gum wrappers you probably have everything in the hidden corners of your vehicle except great bass. ThunderForm enclosures fill the nooks and crannies of your vehicle with low tones that stand out, but their factory look blends right in.
MTX engineers evaluate the "sonic signatures" of top-selling vehicles so they can design ThunderForms as custom acoustic matches. Each ThunderForm fits and blends inconspicuously into your vehicle, so you get great bass without losing any space. The high-density polyethylene resin enclosure curbs unwanted resonances from your sub, so you'll hear bass that's tight, hard-hitting, and way down low.
This molded MTX ThunderForm comes loaded with a premium-quality 12" Thunder4500 subwoofer and a specially-designed amp that puts out 200 watts RMS. It installs in the trunk on the passenger side of your 2005-up Ford Mustang. MTX's Electronic Bass Control (EBC) lets you adjust the bass level from the driver's seat. Hardware and harness are included.
- custom-fit powered subwoofer
- enclosure fits in the trunk on the passenger side
- one 12" Thunder4500 subwoofer
- built-in 200-watt RMS Class-D amplifier
- high-density polyethylene enclosure
- variable low-pass filter (50-150 Hz at 12 dB per octave)
- Electronic Bass Control
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- 20' power harness included
- dimensions: 15-1/8"H x 27"W x 14"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FMUST05BK12A-T45
What's in the box:
- Amplified ThunderForm enclosure loaded with one 12" Thunder4500 subwoofer
- Two 20 amp fuses (1 in-line/1 installed in the ThunderForm)
- Wiring harness (20' power lead/3' ground lead and 3' remote turn-on lead)
- Speaker-level to RCA harness
- Electronic Bass Control (wired remote) with attached cable
- Mounting hardware
- Installation instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MTX Amplified ThunderForm
Vehicle-Specific Custom Enclosure: This MTX ThunderForm enclosure is specifically designed to fit select 2005-2012 Ford Mustang coupes (it's not compatible with the convertibles). Please refer to the Crutchfield Car Selector to confirm fit for your vehicle.
Enclosure: The ThunderForm enclosure is made of molded high-density polyethylene resin, which dampens resonance and is rigid enough to resist flexing. It is an acoustic suspension (sealed) chamber.
Mounting Location: This enclosure is designed to mount in the trunk, on the passenger's side. Note: The provided dimensions are taken at the widest points of the enclosure. Keep in mind that these enclosures are custom made to fit in this particular vehicle, so the enclosure will fit properly in only one specific location.
Thunder4500 Subwoofer: This enclosure comes loaded with one 12" MTX Thunder4500 subwoofer. The woofer has an unusual impedance, specifically designed for the built-in amp, and cannot be replaced with standard MTX models.
Class D Amplifier: The enclosure contains a built-in 200-watt Class D (digital) amplifier that allows RCA or speaker-level input. The amplifier is highly efficient and designed specifically for use with the subwoofers in the enclosure.
Electronic Bass Control (EBC): The EBC is a wired remote and allows you to adjust the bass level from anywhere in the vehicle. Installing the EBC is optional.
Low-pass Crossover: The low-pass crossover point is adjustable from 50 to 150 Hz for a seamless transition between the output of this unit and that of the other speakers in the vehicle.
- Gain Control: rotary control; set the gain of the amplifier is match the input
- Crossover Control: rotary control; adjust the crossover from 50 to 150 Hz
Auto Turn-On Feature: When speaker level inputs are used, the system will automatically turn on and off with the radio.
Note: The auto turn-on feature does not operate when preamp level inputs are used, connecting the remote turn-on lead is required.
Tools Required: The manual provides this list of required tools:
- Powered Screwdriver
- #2 Phillips Head Bit
- 6" Bit Extension
- 10mm Wrench
- 5/16" Wrench
- Trim Panel Removal Tool
- Wire Cutters
The MTX Amplified ThunderForm replaces these items
- rugged enclosure fits in the trunk on the passenger side
- special-design Terminator 12" woofer
- Class D 200-watt amplifier