About the MTX Vehicle-specific Unloaded Enclosure Dual 8"
Crinkled french fries, discarded receipts, old gum wrappers you probably have everything in the hidden corners of your vehicle except great bass. ThunderForm enclosures fill the nooks and crannies of your vehicle with low tones that stand out, but their factory look blends right in.
MTX engineers evaluate the "sonic signatures" of top-selling vehicles so they can design ThunderForms as custom acoustic matches. Each ThunderForm fits and blends inconspicuously into your vehicle, so you get great bass without losing any space. They're made of high-density polyethylene resin to curb resonances they deliver bass that's tight, hard-hitting, and way down low. The airtight enclosure provides the correct internal volume to yield optimum bass response.
This enclosure comes without speakers you install two of your favorite 8" Type 1 subwoofers. For best results, MTX strongly recommends using a speaker designed for an enclosure with a volume of between 0.3 and 0.5 cubic feet. The enclosure mounts under the rear seat on the passenger's side of the 1997-02 Ford F-150 Extended Cab truck (the passenger side rear seat will not fold down).
Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
- custom-fit charcoal subwoofer enclosure for two 8" subs
- mounts under rear seat on passenger side
- fiberglass construction
- volume: 0.8 cubic feet (0.4 per sub)
- dimensions: 34"H x 12-1/4"W x 7"D
- mounting depth: 3-7/8"
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FXP16UC
What's in the box:
- Custom-fit unloaded dual 8" subwoofer enclosure
- Installation instructions
More details on the MTX Vehicle-specific Unloaded Enclosure Dual 8"
Features & specs
|Number of Boxes||1|
|Number of Speakers Per Box||2|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||7 3/16|
|Maximum Speaker Depth (inches)||3-7/8|
|Box Volume (cubic feet)||0.8|
|Second Depth (inches)||7|
|Wood Thickness (inches)||0|
|Speaker Wire Connectors||Spring posts|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years (3-5 Prorated)|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years (3-5 Prorated)|
Vehicle Compatibility: This Bass Slammer custom-fit enclosure is designed specifically to fit the 1997-2003 Ford F-150 extended cab. Also fits the suicide 4-door model, but not quad cab model.
Note: Please refer to the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector to confirm fit for your vehicle.
Mounting Location: Then enclosure mounts under the rear passenger seat of your Ford extended cab truck, with no loss of leg room. The passenger side rear seat will no longer fold down once the enclosure is installed.
Enclosure Type: The sealed enclosure features fiberglass construction and fits two 8" woofers.
Tools For Installation:
- Powered screwdriver
- #2 Phillips head bit
- T-50 Torx
- 7/16" Socket
- 5/16" Socket
5 Year Warranty Terms: This product carries a 5-Year Prorated Warranty with the following terms:
- Years 1-2: Products found to be defective in materials or workmanship during the first two years will be, at Mitek's option, repaired or replaced by Mitek at no charge. The warranty period does not renew, but continues on from the original date of purchase.
- Years 3-5: The purchase price of an item which becomes defective after the first two years and prior to the end of the warranty period will be prorated and credited toward the purchase of a new MTX product. The amount of proration is determined by dividing the original purchase price by the number of months in the warranty period (60), then multiplying the result by the number of months remaining in the warranty period.