About the MTX JackHammer JH3004
Nothing's louder than a jack hammer, right? MTX proves that with their JackHammer Series JH3004 four-channel amplifier, which can put out 60 watts RMS per channel to your front and rear speakers. You can also use this amplifier in bridged, 2-channel mode to power a pair of subs or high-performance speakers with 180 watts RMS each. Or, you could run front left and right speakers with 60 watts each, while powering a subwoofer with 180 watts.
Controls on top
All the tuning controls are located on the amp's top panel, so you'll have easy access to them after installation. Variable high- and low-pass filters optimize the sound to fit your particular speakers. Speaker-level inputs let you integrate the amp into a system with a factory radio.
MTX JH3004 input panel
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 60 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
- 90 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
- 180 watts RMS x 2 bridged (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- Class AB amp technology (frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz)
- variable high- and low-pass filter (40-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- speaker wire to RCA adapter required for speaker-level input)
- auto turn-on switch for speaker-level input
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 50-amp fuse recommended
- dimensions: 11-5/8"W x 2-5/8"H x 7-11/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JH3004
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- Four 5/8" Screws
- 2mm Allen wrench
- 4mm Allen wrench
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ Italian/ French)
More details on the MTX JackHammer JH3004
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
60 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||90 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||180 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20000 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||63 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-250 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The JH3004 4-channel amplifier is effectively two full range 2-channel amps built into one chassis, labeled Front and Rear. Each pair of channels is bridgeable, so the amp can be wired as 4-channel, 3-channel, or 2-channel.
CTA-2006 Compliant: CTA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output. The criteria for measuring amplifier power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (for full range amplifiers), with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4Ω. CTA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers under the same conditions (apples to apples).
- Power Output: 60 watts RMS x 4 into 4Ω
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 63 dBA (measured at 1 watt into 4Ω)
- Power Output:
- 2Ω: 90 watts RMS x 4 (≤1.0% THD+N)
- Bridged (4Ω): 180 watts RMS x 2 (≤1.0% THD+N)
- Turn On: 2-position switch; select Remote (wired) or Audio (signal sensing)
- Input Mode: choose 4-channel (dedicated front and rear inputs) or 2-channel (just a single stereo input)
- Input Level: 2-position switch; select preamp-level or speaker-level
- Gain: independent rotary gain controls for the front and rear channels; variable from 135mV to 10V
- Crossovers: separate identical crossover
controls for the front and rear channels
- X-Over: 3-position switch; low pass, full range, or highpass
- Frequency: rotary control; variable from 40 Hz to 250 Hz
Wire Connections: The JH3004 has set screw terminals for power, ground, turn-on (REM), and speaker outputs. The power and ground terminals will accept up to 4-gauge wire, and the turn-on and speaker outputs will accept up to 10-gauge wire. The set screws are loosened/tightened with one of the supplied Allen wrenches, 2mm or 4mm.
External Fuse: The amplifier does not include a built-in fuse, therefore an external fuse should be placed on the power wire, within 18" of the battery. We recommend an 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit and 50-amp external fuse be used when installing the amplifier.
Input Signal: The amp has two pair of RCA inputs that accept line-level and speaker-level inputs. When using a speaker-level input signal, an optional speaker wire to RCA adapter is recommended.
2Ω Stable: Each of the speaker outputs is capable of handling load impedances down to 2Ω (4Ω bridged).