About the MTX JH5512-X2D
MTX puts decades of box-building experience into their JackHammer Series enclosures. Built to showcase MTX's JackHammer subwoofers, each enclosure starts with extra-strength 3/4" MDF panels with interlocking construction for stability, then adds a side-firing port for hard-hitting bass. The 8-gauge compression terminals provide better contact and make hookups easy. Angled corners and distinctive finishes make these enclosed subs look as amazing as they sound.
The JH5512-X2D enclosure handles up to 800 watts RMS and houses two 12" JackHammer 55 Series subwoofers, wired for 2-ohm impedance so you get the most out of your mono amp. A high-gloss black, PVC vinyl-covered double baffle shows off your subs and adds firing depth, while the angled back fits snugly against a seat back.
- ported slot enclosure with two 12" JackHammer 55 Series subwoofers
- MDF construction with angled corners
- high-gloss black vinyl-covered double baffle
- two 12" polypropylene woofers with stitched rubber surrounds
- 2-ohm impedance
- frequency response: 31-150 Hz
- power handling: 400-800 watts RMS (1,600 watts peak)
- sensitivity: 96 dB
- 31-15/16"W x 15-15/16"H x 18-15/16"D1 x 16-1/4"D2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JH5512-X2D
What's in the box:
- Hatchback subwoofer enclosure loaded with two 12" MTX JackHammer JH5512 woofers
- Limited Warranty sheet
MTX JH5512-X2D reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MTX JH5512-X2D
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12 x 2|
|Speakers Per Box||---|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||16-1/4|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Frequency Response||31-150 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||800|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The MTX JackHammer JH5512X2D is a dual 12" subwoofer enclosure. The vented enclosure houses two 4Ω, 12" JackHammer 55 series woofers wired in parallel to present a 2Ω load at the enclosure's one set of speaker terminals.
Vented Enclosure: The enclosure is made of 3/4" MDF, joined together using interlocking dado and v-groove construction. It's covered in black carpet on five sides and the front panel features a flat black PVC cover. The corners have rounded edges for a hand-built, custom look. The rear panel of the enclosure is built with an 80° angle so it can fit tight against the back of the rear seat. The enclosure also has a side-firing slot port for maximum output, and nickel-plated compression terminals (spring posts) that can handle up to 10 gauge bare wire, pin connectors, and single or dual banana plugs.
Dual 12" Woofers: The JH5512X2D features two MTX JackHammer 55 series 12" woofers featuring:
- Polypropylene Cone: The woofer features a graphite-colored, stitched polypropylene cone with the MTX Audio Jack Hammer logo. Polypropylene is lightweight yet durable and offers efficient, dependable bass response.
- Rubber Surrounds: The Jack Hammer series woofer features a rubber surround that is stitched directly to the cone for durability. The woofer's rubber surround uses FEA optimized roll geometry to maximize excursion without sacrificing cone surface area.
- Voice Coil: The woofer's voice coil is wound with 428-degree High Temperature wire to ensure reliability even at loud volumes.
- Spider Plateau Venting Technology: The Jack Hammer series woofer uses proprietary Spider Plateau Venting technology which helps push out air out of the voice coil and bring cool air in, adding to the reliability of the subwoofer and keeping it cool even in the hottest vehicles.
- Asymmetrical Linear Drive System: The woofer's Asymmetrical Linear Drive System combines a flat progressive spider with an extended pole piece to reproduce smooth, linear motion for incredibility crisp, clean sound.
- Black Stamped Basket: The JH55 subwoofer has a black stamped basket design for structural strength, a stamped back panel with MTX's aggressive looking Gothic logo, and a large rubber boot protecting the woofer's magnet.
The MTX JH5512-X2D replaces these items