About the MTX MUD600-1
Big bass on water, mud, or sand
Big bass on water, mud, or sand
Designed specifically for use on small boats, UTVs, sand rails, or motorcycles, MTX's MUD600-1 mono subwoofer amplifier brings big bass sound — up to 650 watts RMS — to any vehicle or vessel. Rugged, efficient, and ready for adventure, this sub amp will help you enjoy your tunes to the max while you're out having a good time.
Compact and versatile
With less than a 6" x 8" footprint, this compact power amp will fit in a lot of tight locations in vehicles that can't spare much space. The amp features a variable low-pass filter and bass boost that let you tune the bass signal to perfectly match your sub and enclosure.
Ready to ride
MTX made this weather-resistant amp for off-road adventure, with a conformal-coated circuit board and control covers that keep moisture and dirt from spoiling the fun. Its unique design includes a pigtail that contains the power, ground, and signal wires without the need for a connection directly at the amplifier. The pigtail also protects the internal components from moisture, dirt, and other hazards, so you'll continue to have fun without worrying about how the amp's holding up.
Input, output, and power wiring harness featuring quick disconnects for easy sub and amp removal
- marine/powersports mono amplifier
- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 650 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- conformal coated circuit board and control covers protect against moisture and dirt
- Class D amp technology (frequency response: 10-250 Hz)
- variable low-pass filter (40-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 45 Hz)
- optional remote bass knob (EBC-01) available soon from MTX
- wiring harness features quick disconnects for easy amp and sub removal
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- speaker wire to RCA adapter required for speaker-level input)
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 60-amp fuse recommended
- dimensions: 7-3/8"W x 1-7/8"H x 5-9/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MUD600-1
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- 12" 14-Gauge speaker harness
- 12" 10-Gauge power wire (male bullet plug on the amplifier end)
- 12" 10-Gauge ground wire (female bullet plug on the amplifier end)
- 12" 18-Gauge turn-on wire (female bullet plug on the amplifier end)
- Four 3/4" Screws
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ Portuguese/ French)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MTX MUD600-1
Overview: The MUD600.1 amplifier is a mono Class D amplifier. It's designed for the outdoor environment with a conformal coated PCB and covered controls.
Controls: The controls are under rubber covers on the end of the amp opposite the wiring.
- Input Level: 2-position switch; select High (speaker level) or Low (line level)
- Gain: rotary dial; adjust to match the output of the source unit; 200mV-5V with the input level switch in the Low position and 400mV-10V with the input level switch in High position
- Bass Boost: rotary dial; variable from 0 to +18 dB; boost centered at 45 Hz
- LPF: rotary dial; sets low pass filter frequency; variable from 40 Hz to 250 Hz; the crossover always engaged (it cannot be bypassed)
Wiring: All the wiring is attached to the amp. The included wiring harnesses are connected to those 10" pigtails.
- Speaker Output: 12" speaker wire; water-tight plug on one end connects to the 10" wire attached to the amp; un-terminated 14-gauge wires on the output end
- Power: 12" wire; male bullet plug on one end connects to the 10" wire attached to the amp; unterminated 10-gauge wire on the other end
- Ground: 12" wire; female bullet terminal on one end connects to the 10" wire attached to the amp; un-terminated 10-gauge wire on the other end
- Remote Turn-on: 12" wire; female bullet terminal on one end connects to the 10" wire attached to the amp; un-terminated 18-gauge wire on the other end
- RCA Inputs: one pair of stereo RCA inputs (female) on the end of the 10" pigtail attached to the amp; compatible with preamp level and speaker level signals (speaker wire to RCA adapter required when using speaker level inputs)
- Wired Remote: 3.5mm jack on the end of the 10" pigtail attached to the amp; compatible with the EBC-01 remote level control (not currently available)
Note: The Amplifier is not equipped with a fuse. An external 60-amp fuse or circuit breaker (not included) must be installed on the power wire. If only this amp is powered by the wire connected directly to the battery, just installing a 60-amp fuse at the battery is sufficient.