About the MTX Road Thunder RT2200
Looking for MTX performance and build quality, but don't need the competition-level tweaks? MTX Road Thunder amps are the answer. The RT2200 amplifier undergoes stringent testing at the MTX factory before receiving its Certified Performance Certificate your guarantee of reliability and performance. And with features like isolated preamp outputs, built-in crossovers, bass boost, and speaker-level inputs (with automatic turn-on), this American-built amp still trumps the competition on value-for-the-dollar!Details:
- stereo, bridged mono or Tri-Way output
- 200 watts x 1 in bridged mode
- 100 watts x 2 at 2 ohms
- requires 10-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- MOSFET power
- preamp outputs
- speaker-level inputs with Auto Turn-on automatically turns on amplifier when it senses voltage from the radio (no remote lead needed)
- adjustable bass boost (0-18 dB) centered at 40 Hz
- defeatable 18 dB/octave crossover at 85 Hz, selectable for high-pass, low-pass, or full-range
- dimensions: 9-1/4"W x 2-1/8"H x 9-1/16"D
- 1-year warranty
What's in the box:
- Black MTX Road Thunder amplifier
- One 30-amp blade fuses in chassis
- 1 Speaker-level input wiring harness (8" long)
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish/German)
- Warranty Registration and Customer Survey card
- Certified Performance Certificate
- MTX self-adhesive sticker
- Bridge Mode Application Impedance Requirement warning sticker
- NOTE: Mounting hardware is not included!
MTX Road Thunder RT2200 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MTX Road Thunder RT2200
Color: The amplifier is black with an MTX logo on top.
Power supply: The amplifier uses a patented PWM MOSFET switching power supply with class A 100% Discrete Driver Circuit Topology (Preamp input is class A).
RCA output: The gold plated RCA output provides a line level output. It is used to drive an external amplifier. This is a full range output and is not controlled by the unit's built in crossovers.
Bass boost: Continuously adjustable and defeatable bass enhancement circuitry (centered at 40Hz, rotary control for 0-18dB adjustment).
SmartEngage: If you use the speaker level input on this unit and tie the front L+ and L- speaker leads from a source unit with BTL outputs (most high powered radios) the amplifier will turn on whenever there radio is turned on, allowing for easy factory head unit integration.
The amplifier has noiseless turn on-turn off..
Gain controls: There is a variable rotary gain control.
Bass boost: The bass boost is centered at 40Hz and may be adjusted from 0-18dB.
Crossover frequency: The internal crossover is set at 85 Hz.
Crossover select switch: The crossover select switch allows you to select whether the internal crossover functions as a full-range, low-pass, or high-pass crossover. The crossover has a slope of 18 dB.
Power LED: When the power is on the LED lights red.
There are gold plated left and right RCA preamp inputs.
There are gold plated left and right RCA preamp outputs. This output is full range.
There are gold plated +12V, Remote and Ground screw terminals.
There are gold plated Left and right screw terminal speaker outputs . To bridge the amplifier you use the R(-) and L(+) terminals.
The speaker level (high level) input is a Molex connection used with the supplied wiring harness.
RMS Power measured at 12.5 Volts DC:
50 watts x 2 into a 4 Ohm load with less than 0.5% THD
100 watts x 2 into a 2 Ohm load with less than 1% THD
200 watts x 1 into a 4 Ohm load with less than 1% THD
Dynamic Power (IHF-202 Standard) measured at 14.4 Volts DC
85 watts x 2 into a 4 Ohm load
140 watts x 2 into a 2 Ohm load
280 watts x 1 into a 4 Ohm load
Note: RMS power is given ONLY for 12.5 volts, so that is what is listed in the Crutchfield database.
Mounting hardware is NOT INCLUDED. You will need four self-tapping screws to mount the unit, wire for power, ground and remote turn on.
The amplifier uses one 30 Amp ATC type fuses (blade)