About the MTX RTL10-04
MTX's Road Thunder subs dish out heavy-hitting bass in your ride, perfect for filling out rock, R&B, jazz, classical, or anything else on your playlist. The RTL10-04 sub features an 10" polypropylene cone supported by a big rubber surround that resists cracking or separating. The sub's cooling system features forced-air venting in the stamped solid-steel frame that keeps the voice coil cool.
The uniquely shaped spider assembly and extended pole piece ensure linear cone movement, so your bass sounds full, deep, and clean. MTX optimizes this Road Thunder sub for sealed, ported, and bandpass enclosures so you can choose the type of bass you want in your ride. And MTX protects this sub with their unique 5-year warranty.
- 10" 4-ohm subwoofer
- polypropylene woofer cone with nitrile-butyl rubber surround
- stamped solid-steel frame
- power range: 100-200 watts RMS (600 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 27-150
- sensitivity: 84.5 dB
- top-mount depth: 4-7/8"
- sealed box volume: 0.75 cubic feet
- ported box volume: 2.0 cubic feet
- warranty: 5 years (free repair or replacement for 2 years; prorated replacement for years 3 through 5)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RTL10-04
What's in the box:
- One 10" Single voice coil subwoofer
- Specifications and wiring instructions
MTX RTL10-04 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MTX RTL10-04
Features & specs
|Ideal Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet)||0.75|
|Ideal Ported Box Volume (cubic feet)||2|
|Port diameter (inches)||N/A|
|Port length (inches)||N/A|
|Dual Voice Coil||No|
87.5 dB at 2.83 volts |
84.5 dB at 1 watt
|Frequency Response||27 - 150 Hz|
|Max RMS Power Handling||200|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||600|
|Top Mount Depth (inches)||4 7/8|
|Bottom Mount Depth (inches)||5 7/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||9 1/8|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years (3-5 Prorated)|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years (3-5 Prorated)|
Terminals: The woofer features one pair of heavy-duty spring post terminals which can accept single banana plugs, pin connectors, or bare wire up to 10-gauge.
Spider Plateau Venting: Heat from the voice coil is vented through vents that surround the back of the spider. As the woofer travels back and forth, cool air is pulled in and heated air is pushed out.
Asymmetrical Linear Drive System (ALDS): The Asymmetrical Linear Drive System consists of a flat, progressive spider that improves suspension and an extended pole piece that smoothes out the cone's linear motion. The result is high output and low distortion.
Sealed Box: For the best possible sound quality where space is a premium MTX recommends a sealed enclosure with an internal volume of 0.75 ft³. Sealed enclosures provide the most control over a woofer, will handle a lot of power, and provide accurate sonic reproduction, making them suitable to all types of music.
Vented Box: The recommended vented box has a net internal volume of 2.0 ft³ with a slotted port 13-3/8" x 2" x 26-1/8". Vented (or ported) enclosures typically provide better overall efficiency than sealed so they are suitable for use with smaller amplifiers, giving you more bass output from less power.
5 Year Warranty Terms: This product carries a 5-Year Prorated Warranty with the following terms:
- Years 1-2: Products found to be defective in materials or workmanship during the first two years will be, at Mitek's option, repaired or replaced by Mitek at no charge. The warranty period does not renew, but continues on from the original date of purchase.
- Years 3-5: The purchase price of an item which becomes defective after the first two years and prior to the end of the warranty period will be prorated and credited toward the purchase of a new MTX product. The amount of proration is determined by dividing the original purchase price by the number of months in the warranty period (60), then multiplying the result by the number of months remaining in the warranty period.
3 questions already asked