About the MTX RZR-14RC-THUNDER2
Take your tunes to the trail
Take your tunes to the trail
With MTX's RZR-14RC-THUNDER2 kit, adding great sound and cool RGB LED lighting to your 2014-up Polaris RZR with Ride Command is easier than you think. The kit includes a direct-connect harness that lets you use Ride Command as a source unit, plus a pair of 6-1/2” RZR-14-FS RGB LED front speakers in custom pods, a powerful 4-channel amplifier, and all the wiring you'll need for a hassle-free installation.
Sweet sound, plus wild style
Designed specifically for your Ride Command-equipped 2014-up RZR, these two custom speaker pods mount directly into the existing kick panel locations using MTX POD-LOC technology, so you can install them without the hassle of cutting or drilling.
Each rugged polypropylene pod houses a weather-resistant coaxial RGB LED 6-1/2" speaker featuring a poly cone and a Mylar dome tweeter for exceptional sound quality. The durable speaker pods will blend right into your RZR's interior for a smooth, subtle factory look. Each speaker includes built-in RGB LED lighting so you can dial up your style as well as the volume.
Extra oomph from a 4-channel amp
The MTX MUD100.4 full-range Class D amp gives what you want from an ATV amp — outstanding sound quality and excellent thermal efficiency. This compact, marine-rated 4-channel amp pumps out 100 watts RMS per channel, so you'll have the juice you need for your speaker pods.
Designed for DIY-ers
This kit comes with all the marine-rated wiring you'll need to connect everything, and each wire is terminated with the correct plug to make your installation easier.
- designed for 2014-up Polaris RZR models with RideCommand
- includes direct-connect harness, 6-1/2" RGB LED speaker pods, and 4-channel amplifier
RZR-14-FS front speaker pods
- custom-fit pods with integrated 6-1/2" RGB LED speakers (pair)
- water-resistant polypropylene cones and Mylar dome tweeters
- bolt into OEM mounting holes — no drilling required
- UV-resistant finish matches your RZR's interior
- power handling up to 50 watts RMS (100 watts peak)
- sensitivity: 89.9 dB
- frequency response: 70-20,000 Hz
- impedance: 4 ohms
- 50 watts RMS x 4 channel at 4 ohms
- frequency response: 10Hz - 32kHz
- marine-rated amp for ATV or boat use
- conformal-coated circuit board resists moisture
- compact Class D design is ideal for your Polaris RZR ATV
- high- and low-pass crossover, 80Hz, 12dB/octave
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RZR-14RC-THUNDER2
What's in the box:
- This audio system contains 5 individually packaged items along with a parts list in the main box:
- MUD100-4 Amplifier:
- 4-Channel amplifier w/attached 15" input and output harnesses (inline 30A ATO fuse)
- Four 3/4" screws
- Quickstart guide
- RZR-14-FS Loaded Speaker Pods:
- 2 Loaded speaker pods w/attached input wiring (4.5' on right pod / 2.5' on left pod) terminated in watertight connectors
- 2 Mounting brackets
- 18" Heat-shrunk black and red wires (ring-terminal on one end / bare wire on other end)
- 2 Crimp connectors
- Two 1-1/8" bolts
- Eight 8" wire ties
- Owner's manual
- MUDLEDC RGB LED Controller:
- Hand-held remote control (installed CR2025 battery)
- 14" Wire harness w/inline controller
- 8" Connection harness
- Owner's manual
- 3 Amplifier mounting brackets
- 10.5' Amplifier power/ground harness w/inline Maxi fuse holder
- 2' Rear speaker harness
- 50A Maxi fuse
- Two 120mm bolts
- 2 Flat washers
- Four 35mm counter-sunk screws
- Twelve 6mm screws
- Sixteen 8" wire ties
- RC-18 RideCommand Wiring Kit:
- 26" T-harness
- 11" Speaker-to-RCA harness
- Six 7.5" wire ties
MTX RZR-14RC-THUNDER2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MTX RZR-14RC-THUNDER2
Vehicle Compatibility: The MTX RZR-14RC-THUNDER2 sound system is designed to work with the following 2014-up Polaris RZR vehicles that feature an installed Ride Command sound system. The RZR-14RC-Thunder2 utilizes the factory Ride Command headunit as the source unit and features pre-configured direct connect harnesses for the included amplifier and front speaker pods:
|RZR 900 Premium||2020|
|RZR 900 FOX Edition||2020|
|RZR 2 900 EPS||2014-2018|
|RZR 4 900 EPS||2014-2020|
|RZR S 900||2014-2020|
|RZR S 1000||2017-2020|
|RZR S4 1000||2019-2020|
|RZR XP 1000||2014-2020|
|RZR XP Turbo||2016-2020|
|RZR XP Turbo S||2019-2020|
|RZR XP Turbo Dynamix Edition||2018-2020|
|RZR XP 4 1000||2014-2020|
|RZR XP 4 Turbo||2016-2020|
|RZR XP 4 Turbo S||2019-2020|
|RZR XP 4 Turbo Dynamix Edition||2018-2020|
|RZR XP 1000 Trails & Rocks||2019-2020|
|RZR XP 1000 High Lifter||2014-2020|
|RZR XP 4 1000 High Lifter||2014-2020|
Note: Not compatible with XP Pro model RZRs.
RZR-14-FS: The MTX RZR-14-FS speaker pods are designed to mount into the kick-panels of select 2014-up Polaris RZR vehicles and feature pre-installed MTX 6-1/2" 2-way drivers. Each heavy-duty speaker pod is sealed for protection from the elements and is designed for a direct fit with no cutting or drilling required.
2-Way Speakers: The included 6-1/2" drivers feature polypropylene woofer cones along with a coaxially-mounted 1" Mylar dome tweeter.
RGB LED Lighting: Each speaker includes built-in RGB LED lighting which can be powered and controlled using the included MUDLEDC RGB lighting controller.
Enclosures: The RZR-14-FS speaker enclosures feature a roto-molded sealed design with factory matched texturing. Custom quick-mount brackets with POD-LOC technology allow for easy installation with no cutting or drilling. Pre-installed wiring harnesses with each speaker pod are terminated in watertight connectors for a direct connection to newer MTX RZR audio systems.
- RMS Power: 50W
- Peak Power: 100W
- Frequency Response: 70Hz-20kHz
- Impedance: 4Ω
- Sensitivity: 85.6dB (1W/1M)
RGB LED Controller: The MTX RZR-14-THUNDER2 sound system includes a MUDLEDC RGB lighting controller, letting you activate and control the RGB LED lighting in the RZR-14-FS speaker pods. Up to 12 LED speakers can be connected in parallel to the MUDLEDC.
Controller Wiring: The miniature RGB LED controller can be plugged directly into the RGB connector on the included headunit T-harness, allowing it control the LED lighting in the speaker pods through the factory wiring. The other end of the controller features bare-ended wire for connecting to a +12VDC power and ground source in the vehicle. An optional toggle switch (sold separately) is recommended in order to easily remove power from the MUDLEDC when the vehicle will not be in use for long periods of time.
LED Controls: The MUDLEDC includes a hand-held wireless RF remote for controlling the LED lighting. Functions include:
- Speed +/-: LEDs can be set to flash with variable flash speed. 10 speed levels are available.
- Static Color +/-: Cycles through each of the 20 available Static Colors.
- Mode +/-: Cycles through each of the 19 Dynamic Modes.
- Brightness +/-: Increases or decreases LED Brightness.
- Demo Mode: Loops through 9 dynamic modes, with each cycling 3 times.
LED Controller Specifications:
- Input Voltage: +12VDC
- Output Current: 3-Way, 4A per channel
- Remote Frequency: 433.92MHz
- Remote Operating Distance: Approx. 98' (open area)
MUD100-4: The MUD100-4 amplifier is a 4-channel Class D amplifier. It's designed for the outdoor environment with a conformal coated PCB and covered controls.
Controls: Front and rear channel controls feature protective rubber covers and include the following options:
- Front Crossover: A three position high-pass switch with: Full range, 80Hz, and 200Hz with a 12 dB/octave slope.
- Rear Crossover: A three position switch with Full range, Hi, and Low settings.
- Level: Rotary input gain knob to match the output of the source unit, with a 200mV-10V range.
Power: The MUD100-4 can provide the following RMS power:
- 50W x 4 @4Ω
- 100W x 4 @2Ω
- 200W x 2 @4Ω (bridged)
RZR-14-CORE & RC-18: The included RZR-14-CORE and RC-18 installation kits include amp mounting brackets, amp power & ground wiring, as well as pre-configured speaker wiring harnesses designed to directly interface with the factory wiring and included components.