About the MTX Thunder Square TS5512X2D
A double dose of pounding low end
MTX builds their Thunder Square subwoofer enclosures as rock-solid as the bass they deliver. Each enclosure starts with extra-strength 3/4" medium density fiberboard panels joined by interlocking construction for stability, then adds a side-firing slot port for hard-hitting bass. The 8-gauge compression terminals provide better contact and make hookups easy.
Rugged construction for long-lasting performance
The TS5512X2D enclosure houses two 12" Thunder Square 55 Series subwoofers, handling up to 1,200 watts RMS. The enclosure's 2-ohm impedance maximizes output from your mono subwoofer amp. Angled corners, a black, PVC vinyl-covered baffle, and gothic MTX logos combine to make a strong style statement.
- ported enclosure with two 12" Thunder Square TS55 Series subwoofers
- MDF construction with angled corners
- black vinyl-covered double baffle
- two 12" polypropylene woofers with stitched rubber surrounds
- 2-ohm impedance
- frequency response: 31-150 Hz
- power handling: 600-1,200 watts RMS (2,400 watts peak)
- sensitivity: 96 dB
- 32-3/16"W x 16-3/16"H x 18-15/16"D1 x 16-1/4"D2
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TS5512X2D
What's in the box:
- Hatchback subwoofer enclosure with two loaded 12" square MTX woofers
- Warranty Card
MTX Thunder Square TS5512X2D reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MTX Thunder Square TS5512X2D
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12 x 2|
|Speakers Per Box||---|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||16-1/4|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Frequency Response||31-150 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||1200|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The MTX Thunder TS5512X2D is a dual 12" vented subwoofer enclosure. The enclosure houses two 12" Thunder 55 series woofers wired to present a 2-ohm load at the enclosure's speaker terminals.
Vented Enclosure: The enclosure is made of 3/4" MDF panels, joined together using interlocking dado and v-groove construction, and covered in black carpet on five sides. The front panel features a gloss black PVC covered "double baffle" for additional strength and durability. The corners have rounded edges for a hand-built, custom look. The rear panel of the enclosure is built with an 80° angle so it can fit tight against the back of the rear seat. The enclosure also has a side-firing slot port for maximum output, and nickel-plated compression terminals (spring posts) that can handle up to 8 gauge wire, pin connectors, and single and dual banana plugs.
Dual Square 12" Woofers: The TS5512X2D is equipped with two MTX Thunder 55 series 12-inch woofers with the following features:
- Square Polypropylene Cone: The Thunder Square 55 features a painted gloss-black metallic, stitched polypropylene square cone with a raised MTX Audio logo. Polypropylene is lightweight yet durable and offers efficient, dependable bass response. A square subwoofer provides 16% to 20% more area than a conventional round subwoofer.
- Rubber Surrounds: The Thunder Square series woofer features a rubber surround that is stitched directly to the cone for durability. The woofer's rubber surround uses FEA optimized roll geometry to maximize excursion without sacrificing cone surface area.
- Voice Coil: The woofer's voice coil is wound with 428-degree High Temperature wire to ensure reliability even at loud volumes.
- Spider Plateau Venting Technology: The Thunder 55 woofer uses proprietary Spider Plateau Venting technology which helps push out air out of the voice coil and bring cool air in, adding to the reliability of the subwoofer and keeping it cool even in the hottest vehicles.
- Asymmetrical Linear Drive System: The woofer's Asymmetrical Linear Drive System combines a flat progressive spider with an extended pole piece to reproduce smooth, linear motion for incredibility crisp, clean sound.
- Stamped Basket: The TS55 subwoofer has a black stamped basket design for structural strength, a stamped back panel with MTX's aggressive looking Gothic logo, and a large ABS plastic boot protecting the woofer's magnet.