About the MTX TC8001
Thunder TC amps continue the tradition of innovation and quality that put MTX on the map, and feature "smart-engage" speaker-level inputs that power up the amp automatically when you turn on your stereo you won't have to run a separate wire to turn on your amp.
The Thunder TC8001 mono amplifier features special technology that produces high power from a relatively small package, allowing it to dish out up to 800 watts to your subwoofer setup. And MTX underrates every Thunder TC amp each new amp's "birth certificate" certifies that the amp has been tested to produce at least 10% more than the listed power rating.
A variable frequency filter tailors the amp's output so your subs sound their best, and the subsonic filter strips away ultra-low frequencies that waste power and stress out your subs. The Thunder EQ bass boost lets you dial in as much "fat" as you need you can mount the subwoofer level control on your dash, and kick up the bass from the driver's seat.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 400 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (800 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- each amp is tested and certified to produce 10% more power than listed
- variable low-pass filter (40-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable Thunder EQ bass boost with wired remote control (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- switchable subsonic filter (30 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- preamp-level inputs
- speaker-level inputs with Smart Engage
- adaptive Class-D technology for efficient power output
- CEA-2006 compliant
- fuse rating: 30A x 3
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 17-11/16"W x 2-7/16"H x 9-15/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TC8001
What's in the box:
- Mono-channel amplifier with three 30 amp fuses inserted in the chassis
- Remote gain control with attached 18' cable with min-jack plug on one end
- Black rotary knob and sticker for gain control unit
- 9" Speaker level adapter with 4-pin plug on one end
- Black metal "L" bracket
- Two 0.8125" self-tapping screws
- Silver flat washer
- Silver nut
- 2 Black flat washers
- 2 Black lock washers
- Owners manual
- Amplifier Performance sheet
- MTX logo decal
MTX TC8001 reviews
This is the most powerful amplifier I have ever owned and to be honest - I've thought of buying another one for my other car. I got this one as a gift for my wife and holy cow am I impressed. Do not hesitate to buy these while they last!
30 of 34 found this helpful
More details on the MTX TC8001
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
400 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||2400 x 1|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||800 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-200 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||30 x 3|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The MTX TC8001 is a class-D monoblock amp which is rated at 800 watt x 1 channel at 2ohm, designed to power the subwoofer or subwoofers in your system.
Class D: This amplifier uses the patented class D technology to offer high efficiency and interference free operation.
CEA 2006 Compliant: The CEA 2006 compliance ensures the power of this amplifier is measured according to strict standard dictated by the Consumer Electronics Association.
Remote Subwoofer Control: The remote subwoofer control allow you to fine tune the bass from the driver's position. This is not a gain control, this is a level control. The level control will attenuate the amp or increase its output to the level of the gain setting. The control is helpful when adjusting bass output between different music sources and tracks.
Gain Control: The objective of the gain adjustment is to match the output of your receiver with the input of this amplifier giving you distortion free sound.
Lowpass Crossover: The built-in low-pass crossover offers continuously adjustable crossover frequencies between 40Hz and 200Hz. Adjust this setting according to your subwoofer's specification or to your listening preference.
Bass Boost: The amplifier is equipped with a bass boost control that allows you to select a boost level between 0db and +18dB at 40Hz to enhance the bass performance of your sound system.
Subsonic Filter: The fixed 30Hz sub sonic filter creates cleaner and tighter bass reproduction by protecting the amplifier and speaker from harmful ultra-low frequencies. You can set this filter to "On" or "Off".
Speaker Level Input: The amp comes with a speaker-level input harness. Once you splice the speaker wires from 2 channels of the receiver to the harness, you have plug-in convenience to the amplifier. This feature makes it easier to add an amplifier to a factory radio or a receiver with no preamp outputs.
Performance Certificate: MTX tests each amplifier, and the technician records the "actual" power output on the Thunder Amplifier Performance Certificate included with each amp. The amp must meet or exceed the rated specifications in order to leave the factory.
Right Side of Amplifier:
- +BATT (Power): set screw terminal for use with 4-gauge wire
- GND (Ground): set screw terminal for use with 4-gauge wire
- Remote: set screw terminal for use with wire up to 8-gauge
- Fuses: three 30-amp blade fuses
- Speaker Outputs: two pair of set screw terminals for use with wire up to 8-gauge
Left Side of Amplifier:
- RCA Inputs: one pair of RCA inputs for receiving audio signal from your receiver's output
- Speaker Input: 4-pin jack for supplied speaker level input adapter
- Remote Gain: input for remote gain control