About the MTX Thunder Class D Mono Subwoofer Amps
Thunder250D 125W x 1
- speaker-level inputs with Smart-Engage automatic turn-on (eliminates need for remote turn-on lead from your receiver)
- 250 watts x 1 at 2 ohms
- 9-9/16"W x 2-3/16"H x 9"D
What's in the box:
- Black MTX Thunder amplifier
- MTX T-Shirt (Extra Large
- 100% cotton-white with MTX logo and graphic)
- Owner's Manual (English/Spanish/French/German)
- Warranty Registration and Customer Survey card
- Certified Performance certificate
- "MTX Audio" bumper sticker
- Mono Amplifier Impedance Requirement warning sticker
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MTX Thunder Class D Mono Subwoofer Amps
Applications: This is a mono subwoofer amplifier, compatible with loads as low as 2-ohms. The two sets of speaker terminals are internally connected in parallel with each other.
Physical design: The amplifier is black with a silver, black and red MTX logo plate on top.
- The amp is a Class D 100% Discrete Driver Circuit Topology
- Patented PWM MOSFET switching power supply
- High powered transformer
- Noiseless turn on/turn off
Built-In Low-pass Crossover: This unit is equipped with a non-defeatable, 24dB/octave low-pass crossover that is continuously variable from 40 to 200Hz. Note: Since the low-pass crossover is non-defeatable, this amplifier cannot be used for full-range output.
Thunder EQ: This feature can be used to apply a bass boost of up to 18dB, centered at 40Hz. The boost is continuously variable from 0 to 18dB.
Pre-amp low-pass output: Allows you to send a signal to another subwoofer amplifier. The output level is controlled by using the optional Electronic Bass Control (EBC Max). Since this is a low pass output it can not be used to send a signal to anything but another subwoofer amplifier.
- Gain Control: There is a variable rotary gain control
- Rotary Thunder EQ Control: The amplifier uses the Thunder EQ variable bass boost. It is centered at 40Hz and may be adjusted from 0-18dB
- Rotary Crossover Frequency Control: The low-pass crossover is continuously variable from 40-200 Hz
Power LED: When the power is on the LED lights red. The LED is located on the top of the unit
+BATT and GND Inputs: Gold-plated set screw terminals will accept up to 1/O gauge wire.
Remote Input: Gold-plated screw terminal.
Speaker Outputs: Two sets of gold-plated screw terminals. The terminals are internally connected in parallel with each other.
Preamp Inputs: Gold-plated RCA preamp inputs.
Preamp Outputs: Gold-plated RCA preamp outputs (low pass ONLY)
EBC (External Bass Control) Port: An RJ-14 style jack made that accepts the connector on the cable for the optional MTX External Bass Control (item 236EBC). The EBC enables you to control the volume level of the amplifier and any subwoofer amp which may be connected to the unit's low pass output.
RMS Power measured at 12.5 Volts DC:
- 500 watts x 1 into a 4 Ohm load with less than 2% Thd+N
- 1000 watts x 1 into a 2 Ohm load with less than 2% Thd+N
Dynamic Power (IHF-202 Standard) measured at 14.4 Volts DC:
- 750 watts x 1 into a 4 Ohm load
- 1500 watts x 1 into a 2 Ohm load
Note: RMS power is given ONLY for 12.5 volts, so that is what is listed under specs.
Mounting: Hardware is not included, so you will need four self-tapping screws to mount the unit.