About the MTX TH350.1D
MTX muscle from a TH Series amp
MTX muscle from a TH Series amp
If you're addicted to great bass, then you know that MTX has been building great amps and subs for decades. Their TH350.1D mono amp mixes the latest advancements in amp technology with MTX know-how to bring you strong, clean power that you can rely on — day in and day out. This TH Series amp delivers up to 350 watts to your subwoofer system, with some cool features that'll make your life easier.
Flexibility and reliability
The TH350.1D can handle multiple subs, operating safely with loads as low as 1 ohm. What's this mean to you? You can send 125 watts RMS to a single 4-ohm sub right now, but you won't have to sell your amp when you add more subs later on. This 1-ohm stability gives you a little more flexibility as your system changes over time. And, speaking of time, MTX designs their amps for reliability. All internal wiring is as short as possible, for the purest reproduction with low noise. And you'll find a handy clip light that helps you set your gain properly, so you know you're getting the cleanest bass possible.
Tuning your bass
MTX includes a number of tools for tuning your bass. The low-pass filter sets up a 24 dB per octave wall that stops higher frequencies from reaching your sub. You can also adjust the subsonic filter to remove the extreme low frequencies, which helps your sub play louder and improves the performance of many enclosures. And this amp also features an old school bass boost, which allows you to kick in up to 12 dB of bump at 40 Hz for max bass when you need it. MTX includes a wired remote, so you can adjust the bass level from your front seat.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 125 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (250 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- 350 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- CEA-2006 compliant
- frequency response: 20-200 Hz
- adaptive Class D amp technology
- variable low-pass filter (40-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable subsonic filter (20-50 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 40 Hz)
- External Bass Control included
- clip light helps set gain
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- Smart Engage turns on amp when signal arrives through the speaker-level inputs
- fuse rating: 30A
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 10-1/8"W x 2-1/16"H x 7-5/8"D
- warranty: 5 years (free repair or replacement for 2 years; prorated replacement for years 3 through 5)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TH350.1D
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier with one 40A ATO fuse installed
- Two 10' speaker-level input wires (with RCA plug on one end and bare wire on the other)
- Electronic Bass Control (EBC) module
- 16' EBC cable (with RJ-25 plugs on each end)
- Owner's Manual (En/ Fr/ Sp/ Po)
MTX TH350.1D reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MTX TH350.1D
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
125 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||750 x 1|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||250 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Best Frequency Response||20-200 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years (3-5 Prorated)|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years (3-5 Prorated)|
Overview: The MTX TH350.1D is a mono block Class D amplifier. It has anodized aluminum heatsinks to dissipate heat generated by the amplifier. The amp produces 125 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms, and 250 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms.
1 Ohm Stable: The TH350.1D is stable down to 1 ohms. At 1 ohms, the power output is 350 watts x 1.
Protection Circuits: The TH350.1D provides protection against overheating and electrical short circuits.
Gain: The amp's rotary gain control is continuously variable from 250mV to 5V to match the output of the source unit.
Crossovers: The amp features a built-in low-pass crossover, with a continuously variable cutoff frequency of 40-200Hz. It has a slope of 24dB/oct. In addition, the amp has a subsonic filter, which cuts ultra-low frequencies to minimize wasted power and protects speakers not capable of reproducing those frequencies. It has a variable crossover frequency of 20-50Hz, and a slope of 12dB/oct. Both filters are non-defeatable.
Bass Boost: The TH350.1D's bass boost circuit is variable from 0 to +12dB, and centered at 40 Hz.
Electronic Bass Control (EBC): The amplifier comes with the Electronic Bass Control (EBC) module that allows you to adjust the gain of the amplifier from the front of the vehicle. The EBC comes with a 16' cable which plugs into the RJ-25 jack on the amplifier.
Smart Engage: When the speaker-level inputs are used, the amplifier will automatically power on when voltage is detected on the input. No separate Remote Turn-on lead is required. This is especially convenient when adding an amplifier to a factory system without RCA outputs, or when adding an amp and sub in the trunk and you don't want to remove the head unit.
Line Level Input/Output: The line-level signals from the source unit are input using the stereo RCA inputs. The amp does not offer a line-level output.
Speaker-level Inputs: If the source unit lacks RCA outputs, such as a factory head unit, you can splice the two supplied speaker-level input wires into the head unit's speaker wires, and then plug them into the stereo RCA inputs.
Power Terminals: The TH350.1D features set screw terminals for power, ground and remote turn-on. The power and ground terminals will accommodate up to 4 AWG wire, while the remote turn-on terminal will accept up to 10 AWG wire. The set screws can be loosened or tightened with the supplied Allen wrenches. MTX recommends the use of 4 AWG power and ground wires with the TH350.1D.
Speaker Connections: The amplifier is equipped with set screw terminals for the speaker outputs. The terminals will accommodate up to 8 AWG wires, and can be loosened or tightened with the supplied Allen wrench.
EBC Port: The amp has a RJ-25 modular phone jack for plugging in the supplied Electronic Bass Control (EBC) module. The EBC comes with a 16' cable, allowing you to control the gain of the amp from the front of the vehicle.
5 Year Warranty Terms: This product carries a 5-Year Prorated Warranty with the following terms:
- Years 1-2: Products found to be defective in materials or workmanship during the first two years will be, at Mitek's option, repaired or replaced by Mitek at no charge. The warranty period does not renew, but continues on from the original date of purchase.
- Years 3-5: The purchase price of an item which becomes defective after the first two years and prior to the end of the warranty period will be prorated and credited toward the purchase of a new MTX product. The amount of proration is determined by dividing the original purchase price by the number of months in the warranty period (60), then multiplying the result by the number of months remaining in the warranty period.