About the MTX THUNDER75.4
Upgrade your power for better sound
Upgrade your power for better sound
You'll get some serious MTX musical mojo when you put the MTX THUNDER75.4 4-channel amp in your car. This compact amp will drive each of your front and rear speakers with 75 watts RMS of detail-enhancing musical power. Install a nice set of speakers, and you'll hear sounds you've never heard before, even in your favorite songs. And this little bruiser will truly fit in places where amps don't usually go
You can also put this amp into 2-channel mode to drive two subwoofers with 200 watts RMS per channel. In 3-channel mode, you can run some nice components up front with two channels while running a sub off the third channel.
Advanced tone control
The crossover filters on the front and rear channels allow you to adjust the sound to your setup. The front channels use a variable high-pass filter to keep the bass away from your full-range speakers, so they play cleanly. The variable rear crossover can be set to high- or low-pass depending on whether you're running a subwoofer or full-range speakers on the rear amp channels. It also features a very wide range of crossover points, that'll be useful for tuning midrange and midbass speakers.
MTX THUNDER75.4 control panel
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (100 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 200 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- frequency response: 15-25,000 Hz
- Class AB amp technology
- variable high-pass filter on front channels (10-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable high- and low-pass filters on rear channels (50-750 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- preamp inputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 60-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 60-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 12-5/8"W x 2-1/4"H x 6-5/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # THUNDER75.4
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- 4mm Allen wrench
- 2mm Allen wrench
- Four 1/2" Self-tapping screws
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ Portuguese/ French)
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
MTX THUNDER75.4 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MTX THUNDER75.4
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
75 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||200 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||15-25000 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.05%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||78 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-750 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||10-750 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The MTX Thunder75.4 is a full range 4-channel amplifier. It has aluminum heatsinks to dissipate heat generated by the amplifier. The amp produces 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4Ω, 100 watts RMS x 4 at 2Ω, and 200 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4Ω.
Gain: The amp's front and rear channel rotary gain controls are independent and continuously variable from 200mV to 5V to match the output of the source unit.
Protection Circuits: The Thunder75.4 provides protection against overheating, under voltage, and electrical short circuits.
Crossovers: The front and rear channels have independent built-in crossovers:
- Front: high-pass; continuously variable from 10 Hz (full range) to 200 Hz
- Rear: switchable between low-pass, full range, and high-pass; the crossover point (high-pass or low-pass) is continuously variable from 50 Hz to 750 Hz
Power Terminals: The Thunder75.4 features set screw terminals for power, ground and remote turn-on. The power and ground terminals will accommodate up to 4 AWG wire, while the remote turn-on terminal will accept up to 10 AWG wire. The set screws are loosened/tightened with the supplied Allen wrenches. MTX recommends the use of 4 AWG power and ground wires.
Note: The Amplifier is not equipped with an internal fuse. An external 60-amp fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire. If the system has only this amp and a wiring kit is used that includes a fuse with a value other than 60-amps, the original should be replaced with a 60-amp fuse.
Speaker Connections: The amplifier is equipped with four pair of set screw terminal speaker outputs. Each terminal will accommodate up to 10 AWG bare wire and is loosened/tightened with the supplied Allen wrench.
The MTX THUNDER75.4 replaces these items
- 180 watts RMS x 2 bridged output at 4 ohms
- variable high-pass/low-pass crossovers (40-400 Hz at 12 dB/octave)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
6 questions already asked