About the MTX TN502
Step up your sound
Step up your sound
If you're looking for a big upgrade in sound without a huge outlay of cash, take a look at the MTX Terminator line of car speakers. You'll be amazed at how much better your music sounds once you've replaced your burned-out factory speakers with a set of Terminators. And they're protected by MTX's unique 5-year warranty.
Impressive performance and value
MTX's TN502 5-1/4" full-range speakers will take your in-car audio experience to the next level, whether they're powered by a factory radio, an aftermarket car stereo, or a small amp. Each speaker sports a durable polypropylene woofer and a 1/2" Mylar tweeter, and they'll handle up to 35 watts RMS. Grilles are included.
- 5-1/4" 2-way car speakers (pair)
- polypropylene cone
- 1/2" Mylar tweeter
- frequency response: 58-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 87.9 dB
- RMS power: 2-35 watts (70 watts peak)
- top-mount depth: 2.1"
- cut-out diameter: 4.6"
- grilles included
- warranty: 5 years (free repair or replacement for 2 years; prorated replacement for years 3 through 5)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TN502
What's in the box:
- Two 5-1/4" Coaxial speakers
- 2 Grilles
- Two 6" Lengths of speaker wire (each has female quick-slides on one end and bare wire on the other)
- Eight 1" Self-tapping screws
- 8 Speed clips
- Warranty information
- Specifications printed on box
MTX TN502 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MTX TN502
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||1/2" Dome|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years (3-5 Prorated)|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years (3-5 Prorated)|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||87.9|
|Frequency Response||58 - 20k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||2|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||35|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||70|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/8|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 3/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||4 3/4|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.307|
Woofer Cones: The MTX Terminator series speakers feature durable and rigid polypropylene woofer cones. Polypropylene is also resistant to the moisture and temperature extremes found in automotive applications.
Tweeters: Each speaker features a 1/2" Mylar dome tweeter.
Warranty: Although the speaker reviewed and measured (taken from our first shipment) included information indicating a 1 year warranty, MTX recently changed to a 5-Year Prorated Warranty with the following terms:
- Years 1-2: Products found to be defective in materials or workmanship during the first two years will be, at Mitek's option, repaired or replaced by Mitek at no charge. The warranty period does not renew, but continues on from the original date of purchase.
- Years 3-5: The purchase price of an item which becomes defective after the first two years and prior to the end of the warranty period will be prorated and credited toward the purchase of a new MTX product. The amount of proration is determined by dividing the original purchase price by the number of months in the warranty period (60), then multiplying the result by the number of months remaining in the warranty period.