About the MTX TN8MS
Small enclosure, impressive bass
Small enclosure, impressive bass
When space inside your vehicle is limited, it can be difficult to find room for a subwoofer. MTX has solved this problem by creating a shallow-mount powered sub that fits in cramped confines to give you impressive bass without taking up a whole lot of space.
So easy to fit
MTX designed their TN8MS powered subwoofer to deliver high-quality bass response in an enclosure small enough to fit your vehicle's nooks and crannies. At only 3" high, this sub will fit under most seats and behind many truck seats. With a built-in amp that delivers 135 watts RMS to the low-profile 8" sub, you'll get the rich, full bass you need in a simple, easy-to-fit package.
Tune it to your tastes
You'll also get a full control set to tune your low end to your music and your tastes. A variable low-pass crossover lets you set the frequency anywhere from 50 Hz to 150 Hz so you can adjust the sound to best complement your speakers. The bass boost control gives you up to +12 dB of boost at 45 Hz, and the phase switch allows additional adjustment to dial in your system. A wired remote control connects to the sub via a 3.5mm cable, letting you adjust the bass response from the driver's seat.
Secure and connected
The TN8MS features speaker-level and line-level inputs so you can run the sub directly from your car stereo, or get a signal from your speaker wiring. The high-density aluminum enclosure keeps the sub and amp safe from thumps and bumps, and the metal grille protects the speaker.
When you need lots of boom but only have a little room, the TN8MS gives you the sound you want in a compact package with easy installation and great sound.
- powered subwoofer with high-density aluminum enclosure and metal grille
- 8" shallow-profile woofer
- Class A/B amplifier: 135 watts RMS (200 watts peak)
- low-pass crossover variable from 50-150 Hz
- includes wired remote bass level control
- speaker and line-level inputs
- bass boost (0 to +12 dB at 45 Hz)
- phase switch (0°, 180°)
- frequency response: 20-200 Hz
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- requires 8-gauge wiring kit with 15-amp fuse (sold separately)
- dimensions: 13-15/16"W x 3-1/4"H x 9-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TN8MS
What's in the box:
- Amplified enclosure with one 8" subwoofer installed
- 10" Speaker level input harness
- 15-amp ATO fuse (installed)
- Remote level control with 13' cable attached (3.5mm mini-plug on the end)
- Adhesive mounting pad (to mount the remote)
- 4 Mounting brackets
- Four 3/4" Pan head screws
- Eight M3x6mm Machine screws
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ Portuguese/ French)
MTX TN8MS reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MTX TN8MS
Features & specs
|Connector Type||RCA, Harness|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||135 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||200 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||---|
|Crossover Point||50-150 Hz|
CTA-2006 Compliant: CTA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring amplifier power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (for full range amplifiers), with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4 ohms. CTA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers under the same conditions (apples to apples).
- Power Output: 135 watts RMS x 1
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 91 dBA
Auto Turn-on: If using the speaker level input, an automatic circuit turns the amplifier on when it senses an input signal. When using the line level inputs you must also use a remote turn on lead.
Speaker Level Input: A 10" speaker level input harness is included, making it easier to add the amplifier to a factory radio or to a receiver with no preamp outputs.
Wired Remote: Using the included wired remote you can easily adjust the output level from the driver's seat (or wherever you mount the remote).
- Gain: rotary control; variable from 400mV-5 volts
- Bass Boost: rotary control; variable from 0 to +12 dB; boost centered at 45 Hz
- Low Pass X-Over: rotary control; variable from 50-150 Hz
- Phase: two position switch; 0° or 180°
- +12 volts: set screw terminal; accepts up to 8-gauge wire; 8-gauge minimum is recommended
- Ground: set screw terminal; accepts up to 8-gauge wire
- Remote Turn-on: set screw terminal; accepts up to 8-gauge wire
- RCA: left and right line level inputs
- High Input: speaker level input; 10" harness included
- Remote: 3.5mm mini-jack for use with the included wired remote
6 questions already asked