About the MTX TNP212DV
Make things easier
Make things easier
Installing new audio equipment in your vehicle can be complicated, and it's always helpful when you can simplify the process without compromising on quality. MTX's TNP212DV bass package transforms your vehicle's bass response with a ported enclosure housing two rugged 12" Terminator subwoofers and a mono amp that kicks out 500 watts RMS.
Subs that can take it
The 12" subs feature large, durable polypropylene cones for increased efficiency and less distortion. MTX's Spider Plateau Venting design keeps each sub's voice coil cool so you can count on some serious bass when the music goes deep. And the beauty of this entry-level package is that the enclosure handles up to 1000 watts RMS, so you can upgrade your amp later on without having to replace the enclosure.
Tough, attractive enclosure
For an enclosure that will stand up to heavy bass output, MTX chose 5/8" medium-density fiberboard. Its aircraft-grade black carpet covering protects the box and offers a neat appearance that blends in with most interiors, while the embroidered Terminator logo enhances the cabinet's cool factor. For an easy way to keep the bass bumping, it's hard to beat this TNP212DV package.
- ported enclosure with two 12" Terminator subwoofers
- each sub handles up to 500 watts RMS
- 2-ohm total impedance
- mono sub amplifier (500 watts RMS at 2 ohms)
- 5/8" medium-density fiberboard construction
- black carpet covering
- dimensions: 29-1/2"W x 14"H x 13-1/2"D1 x 11"D2
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TNP212DV
What's in the box:
- TNP212DV Dual 12" subwoofer enclosure
- TNA500D Mono amplifier (2 x 30A fuses installed)
- Remote bass control
- 92" Remote bass control cable (RJ-25 plugs on each end)
- 12" Speaker-level input harness
- Two 3mm Allen keys
- Two 2.5mm Allen keys
- Two spare 30A fuses
- Four 20mm Phillips-head screws
- Two 10mm Phillips-head screws
- Four flat-washers
MTX TNP212DV reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MTX TNP212DV
Overview: The MTX TNP212DV package includes the new TNE212DV dual 12" subwoofer enclosure paired with a TNA500D amplifier. Each sub can handle 500 watts RMS (1000 watts RMS for the entire enclosure) and are internally wired for a 2Ω load, making them a perfect match for the TNA500D amp, which provides up to 500 watts RMS for the subwoofer enclosure.
- Enclosure: Designed for heavy-duty bass, the MTX enclosure is built from 5/8" MDF (medium-density fiberboard) covered in aircraft-grade black carpet. Its ported design offers a frequency response from 200Hz all the way down to 20Hz. A single set of spring-loaded terminals are provided on the rear of the enclosure for wiring.
- Drivers: Each of the two 12" driver features a polypropylene cone and butyl rubber surround for increased efficiency and less distortion. The subs also feature MTX's Spider Plateau Venting, which helps keep the voice-coils cool during heavy use. Both drivers are wired for a 2Ω load and can handle up to 1000 watts RMS for the pair.
TNA500D: The included TNA500D is a Class-D mono amplifier capable of powering the sub enclosure with up to 500 watts of RMS power. Inputs and controls for the amplifier include the following:
- Power Input: Power and Ground ports consist of hex-socket set-screw terminals that can accept up to 4 AWG wire, along with a Remote turn-on terminal that can accept up to 8 AWG wire.
- Speaker Output: One set of hex-socket set-screw terminals is provided for the mono speaker output, which can accept up to 8 AWG wire.
- Fuses: Sockets on the power input side of the amp hold the two included 30A fuses (2 spares are included in box).
- Low-Level Input/Outputs: Two RCA jacks provide a low-level signal input. Two RCA Output jacks are included for passing the input signal out to an additional amplifier (sold separately).
- High-Level Input: A 12" 4-wire input harness is provided for connecting the amp to a factory radio or other headunit without pre-amp outputs.
- Gain: Adjusts the input signal level and can accept a maximum input signal of up to 5 volts.
- LPF: The amp includes a 12dB/oct low-pass filter with a cutoff frequency that can vary between 40Hz and 200Hz.
- Subsonic: A built-in subsonic filter can be used to filter unwanted low-frequencies, with an adjustment range of 20Hz to 50Hz.
- Remote Bass-Level Input: An RJ-25 socket is provided to plug in the included Remote Bass-Level Control.
Remote Bass Control: Included with the TNP212V is a remote bass-level control allowing you to adjust the bass level without accessing the amplifier. The remote bass-level control can be mounted under a dash or console within easy reach of the driver with the included 92" phone cable (RJ-25 plugs).
- Amp Class: Class-D
- Amp Power: 500 watts x 1 @2Ω
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 80dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 200Hz
- Maximum Input Signal: 5V
- Low-Pass Filter: Variable 40Hz -200Hz, 12dB/oct
- Subsonic Filter: Variable 20Hz - 40Hz, 12dB/oct
- Size: 12" x 2
- RMS Power: 1000 watts RMS (500 watts per sub)
- Enclosure: Width - 29.625", Height - 14.0", Depth - 13.50" (bottom) / 11.125" (top)
- Amplifier: Width - 11.125", Height - 2.125", Depth - 7.125"
- Remote Bass-Level Control: Width - 2.50", Height - 0.750", Depth - 2.50" (incl. cable)