About the Withings ScanWatch
The stylish way to watch your health
The stylish way to watch your health
The Withings ScanWatch sets the bar high for style and health monitoring. The distinctive hybrid design combines a sleek analog face with a digital insert so you can tell time and keep track of fitness metrics at a glance. But the real beauty lies beneath the skin.
ScanWatch boasts an eye-catching analog/digital hybrid design.
Keeping tabs on your heart
ScanWatch contains an array of sensors that continuously scan your body's vital signs to monitor heart health and help you improve your fitness. Topping the list is a medical-grade ECG you can use whenever the watch notifies you of an irregular heartbeat. After only 30 seconds, your ECG report is stored and ready to share with your doctor via the Withings Health Mate app. ScanWatch automatically scans for irregular heartbeat, plus periodically records your heart rate throughout the day and night.
ScanWatch also boasts a medical-grade pulse oximeter that will let you know your blood oxygen levels quickly and easily. You'll always have access to important information about your respiratory function.
ScanWatch provides some awesome tools to let you know just how well you're sleeping at night. ScanWatch monitors your activity, heart rate, and more to measure and record your sleep cycles. It also tracks respiration to detect breathing disturbances. In the morning, you'll have a Sleep Score to let you know how rested you really are.
Health Mate pairs with your phone for fitness activities
When you're ready for a run, swim, or a walk around the block, ScanWatch automatically detects activity and logs it in the Withing Health Mate app on your smartphone. Health Mate also tracks distance using your phone's GPS. And if you're a step counter, you'll be happy to know that this versatile watch automatically tracks your daily steps.
Classic style, cutting edge tech
ScanWatch isn't just a pretty face. It's built tough, with a 5 ATM waterproof rating, a stainless steel case, and a scratch-resistant sapphire glass lens. And with 30 days of battery life, it'll spend more time on your wrist and less on the charger.
For different looks, change the bands to match the occasion. ScanWatch is compatible with 18 mm (38 mm watch models) and 20 mm (42 mm watch models) bands.
- hybrid analog/digital smartwatch
- anti-reflective sapphire glass lens
- stainless steel case
- automatically synchronizes with free Health Mate app for fitness activities, GPS tracking, and health tracking
Health and fitness features:
- on demand electrocardiogram
- heart rate tracking
- records blood oxygen levels
- tracks breathing disturbances
- sleep tracking with automatic sleep scores
- step tracking
- multiple sport profiles: running, swimming, cycling, and more
- Bluetooth connectivity
- compatible with Strava and popular training apps
- smart notifications for emails, texts, and alerts
- Garmin Pay contactless checkout
- 5 ATM water rating
- up to 30 days battery life
- 38 mm models: 1.6"W x .52"D
- 42 mm models: 1.65"W x .54"D
- wristband width:
- 38 mm models: .70"
- 42 mm models: .79"
- weight: 2.05 ounces
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 3700546707247
What's in the box:
- Health watch with 38mm rose gold stainless steel bezel and white face with 18mm gray fluoroelastomer band
- Magnetic charger with 41" cable (Type A USB plug)
- Gray transport pouch
- Quick Installation Guide
- Information Guide
- Customize Your Watch
Withings ScanWatch reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Withings ScanWatch
Overview: The Withings ScanWatch (HWA09) is a clinically validated health and fitness watch that helps you monitor several health parameters and even detect serious issues. The hybrid smartwatch was designed in France, and developed with professionals from world-renowed institutions to promote a healthy lifestyle. It is equipped with a heart rate monitor and ECG, connected GPS, and activity and sleep tracking. All of your activity and health data can be analyzed and viewed on your smartphone or tablet via the Health Mate app. ScanWatch has a stylish analog watch face with a separate activity dial, plus a small circular digital screen for customized notifications. The device has a long-life rechargeable battery, with a 30 day battery life between charges (normal use). The Withings ScanWatch is covered by a 2-year warranty.
Design: ScanWatch has a 316L Stainless Steel case (38mm) with a brass lacquered dial, applied chrome indexes, and chrome hands. The anti-reflective Sapphire Glass is tough and scratch-resistant. The fluoroelastomer 18mm wrist band is soft, durable, and water-resistant, and fits wrists up to 7.79" in circumference. Withings offers optional interchangeable 18mm wrist bands in multiple colors and materials. The ScanWatch is water resistant with a 5 ATM rating, capable of withstanding pressures equivalent to a depth of 50 meters (165 feet). You can wear the watch in rain or snow, or while showering, swimming, diving, or snorkeling.
Battery: ScanWatch is equipped with an efficient Lithium-ion rechargeable battery that lasts up to 30 days in normal use. You can set the watch to Power Reserve mode, which only keeps track of your activities and time, to gain an additional 20 hours to the battery life. The watch comes with a magnetic charger that attaches to the back of the case and aligns the charging pins. Charging time is approximately 2 hours to reach 100% battery capacity, however, a 1 hour charge will provide about 80% capacity.
Subdial: The small subdial (approximately 1/2") at the bottom of the watch face is a round meter that expresses your progress toward your daily activity goal in percentage. The subdial display is marked from 0 to 100 in increments of 5%.
PMOLED Display: ScanWatch's 1/2" diameter PMOLED (Passive Matrix OLED) display features numerous screens to keep you informed of your activity and health data. In addition to showing the date and time, you can view your heart rate, ECG, SpO2, number of daily steps, distance traveled, and calories burned. You can also view the battery level, and the time of your next alarm. When ScanWatch is paired with your smartphone, you can receive notifications from your calendar, email, texts, and phone calls. To select the display mode you desire, simply turn the crown on the side of the watch and press it when your selection appears.
Health Sensors: ScanWatch is equipped with three electrodes: two on the back of the case, and the other is the metal ring around the watch face. The two sensors on the back measure your heart rate and your oxygen saturation level (SpO2). Placing your finger on the ring closes a loop so the watch can measure your heart's electrical activity. This is called a one-lead electrocardiogram (ECG). In addition, the watch has a precision 3-axis accelerometer that can detect the direction and intensity of your movement to identify (and track) your activity.
Health Metrics: Using the ScanWatch's built-in health sensors, you can measure and analyze many aspects of your health and fitness. Pairing the watch with the Withings Health Mate app lets you record, store, analyze, and share your vitals with others, including your doctor. The health metrics you can track include:
- Heart Rate: The heart rate sensors on the back of the watch case use photoplethysmography (PPG), which uses green LED light to detect variation in the level of blood in the wrist to determine the heart rate. The device takes a heart rate measurement every ten minutes, allowing you to see how the rate fluctuates during the day. During Workout Mode, the watch monitors your heart rate continuously. The watch and app can detect an irregular rhythm and send a notification through your smartphone.
- ECG: ScanWatch can produce a clinically-validated electrocardiogram (ECG) in 30 seconds. You can view the results immediately on the watch screen, or relayed to the app for a more in-depth diagnostic report. The ECG can possibly detect and warn you of a serious condition called AFib (atrial fibrillation), a prevalent heart arrhythmia.
- SpO2: The watch uses a clinically-validated SpO2 sensor, with exclusive multi-wavelength technology, to measure and record your blood oxygen levels from your wrist. SpO2 levels are expressed as a percentage, with the normal range between 90 and 100%. Wearing ScanWatch while you sleep can help detect breathing disturbances, such as sleep apnea, that cause your oxygen saturation levels to plummet.
- Sleep Tracking: ScanWatch monitors several data points while you sleep to give you an overall sleep quality score between 0 and 100. Using polysomnography, the watch measures your heart rate, blood oxygen levels, breathing disturbances, respiration rate, body movement, duration and levels of your sleep, and number of interruptions to calculate your sleep score. You can set an alarm in the Health Mate app to gently awake you with silent vibrations based on your current sleep level.
- Walking and Running: The watch measures the number of steps you take daily, the distances you travel, and the calories burned, based on your user profile (height/weight entered during setup). If you walk stairs, the connected GPS (from your paired smartphone) measures your elevation to determine the number of floors climbed. The built-in accelerometers can automatically detect your activity.
- Swimming: While you swim (automatically detected), the Health Mate app can recap your duration and calories burned.
- Workout Mode: During Workout Mode, ScanWatch uses the GPS in your phone (Connected GPS) to track your running/walking route on a map. While you work out, your heart rate is continuously monitored to show your VO2 Max (oxygen consumption), fitness level, and recovery. ScanWatch is also compatible with third party apps, including Strava, for uploading your workout results. There are over 30 sports to choose from, including swimming, running, walking, and biking.
Health Mate App: ScanWatch connects wirelessly via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to your smartphone or tablet and the Health Mate app. With Health Mate, you can keep track of your activities, sleep, and health stats, including progress made and other trends. You can set goals and track your progress toward meeting those goals. After a workout, you can view heart rate zones, calories burned, duration, distance, and other data. The ScanWatch device has a limited memory, and you will have to open Health Mate regularly to sync your data to the app. The data syncs automatically after certain events occur, or manually, when desired. The app is compatible with iPhone and iPod touch (iOS 14.0 or later), and iPad (iPadOS 14.0 or later). The app is also available for Android devices (8.0 and up).
- Operating Temperature: 14° F to 113° F
- Storage Temperature: 4° F to 185° F
- Bezel Diameter: 1.5" (38mm)
- Width (with crown): 1.639
- Height 1.673"
- Depth 0.525"
- Watch Band: 0.713" (18mm) x 9.125"
- Weight: 2.05 ounces