About the Withings Sleep
Better sleep = a better you
Better sleep = a better you
A good night's sleep is key to having a good day. And if you don't get enough rest, it will affect your mood and performance. The Withings Sleep smart sleep tracking mat gives you tools to help you track and improve your sleep.
Track your sleep
Sleep pairs with your smartphone to track a variety of important metrics:
- Sleep quality: Sleep tracks your deep, light, and REM sleep, and then assigns you a sleep score that also factors in duration, interruptions, and more.
- Snoring detection: Sleep monitors and measures the intensity of breathing interruptions, useful information that may help you identify signs of sleep apnea.
- Heart rate tracking: With Sleep, you'll be able to record and track your heart rate during the night. It's an excellent way to gauge how well-rested you are.
Connect your sleep to your home
By using "If This, Then That" (IFTTT) applets, Sleep can control many smart home devices. Imagine lying down and having your lights turn off and your thermostat lower. It's possible with Sleep!
- smart sleep tracking mat
- syncs with Wi-Fi
- easy under-mattress setup
- compatible with Withings Health Mat app
- supports IFTTT applet integration with smart home devices
- records metrics for:
- sleep cycles
- heart rate
- snore detection
- sleep movement and interruptions
- works with Android and iOS phones
- Bluetooth 4.0 required for installation
- dimensions: 25"L x 7-1/2"W x 1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 3700546703935
What's in the box:
- Sleep tracking mat with attached 9.5' cable (Type A USB plug)
- Power supply with USB Type A port (DC output: 5V 1000mA)
- Quick Installation Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Withings Sleep
Overview: The Withings Sleep Tracking Mat helps you to optimize your sleep for better health. The unobtrusive device installs under your mattress, and works as you sleep to analyze the duration and quality of your sleep. There is nothing to wear. Sleep pairs with the free Health Mate app to provide a nightly Sleep Score of up to 100 points, based on six key factors. It also integrates with IFTTT (If This Then That) to perform other related tasks in your smart home. The sleep tracking mat is 24-1/4" x 7-1/2" with a 9-1/2' cable, and comes with a USB power adapter. It has a premium fabric cover that can be removed and machine washed.
Advanced Sensors: Sleep is equipped with a variety of sensors and precice metrics that can detect, monitor, and analyze your sleep. As you sleep, the device has sensors that measure your sleep cycles, and heart and respiration rate, and a microphone to detect snoring. The Health Mate app lets you adjust the sensitivity of the sensors if it doesn't detect you in bed for the entire night. This adjustment should only be made if you sleep alone in the bed.
Sleep Score: Sleep measures six aspects of each night's sleep to provide an overall score out of 100 points. Over a period of time, you can view patterns that show where you can improve the quality and quantity of your sleep. You can view your sleep data by day, week, or month, and provides average scores and the average weekday and weekend sleep duration. The six inputs to your sleep score include:
- Duration: Measures the total time spent sleeping.
- Depth: Calculates the amount of time spent in the four phases of sleep: awake, light sleep, deep sleep, and REM sleep. Emphasis is placed on the time spent in restorative phases of sleep (deep sleep and REM sleep).
- Regularity: Compares your bedtimes and wake-up times and measures the consistency over periods of time.
- Interruptions: Counts the number of times your sleep is interrupted.
- Time to Sleep: Measures the amount of time it takes you to fall asleep each night.
- Time to Wake: Measures the amount of time it takes for you to get out of bed each morning.
Breathing Disturbances: During the night, Sleep detects and monitors breathing disturbances, which impair the restorative properties of sleep. Using algorithms that analyze interruptions in breathing patterns that occur during the night, as well as monitoring heart rate and detecting excessive snoring, the device can help identify signs of sleep apnea, a potentially serious sleep disorder.
Note: Actual sleep apnea detection requires FDA approval in the US, which has been applied for, and is currently pending for the Sleep device.
Installation and Setup: The Withings Sleep is placed under your mattress, or between the mattress and mattress topper, with the cord emerging from the side. The device is powered by the included USB power adapter (DC 5V 1A), and should be continuously plugged in. The pad should be positioned horizontally at chest level. It is compatible with a wide variety of mattresses, including spring, latex, foam, and memory foam, and has been tested with mattresses between 4 and 15 inches thick. It has not been tested, nor is it recommended for use with waterbeds. The device requires the Health Mate app, available for iOS and Android devices, and a Health Mate account. The sensor must first be paired to your smartphone/tablet via Bluetooth, then to your home Wi-Fi network, if desired. After a 10 minute calibration, Sleep is ready to use. When you go to bed, Wi-Fi transmissions automatically turn off as you sleep. When you awake, your sleep data syncs to the Health Mate app. The app also features a dedicated coaching program to help you sleep better, reduce fatigue, and improve health.
Smart Home Integration: Sleep can easily integrate into your smart home to automatically perform certain everyday tasks. Using an IFTTT (If This, Then That) account, you can create applets that notify the app when you get into bed and/or get out of bed. For example, you can program Sleep to turn off the bedroom lights or mute your phone when you get into bed, or adjust your smart thermostat when you get in or out of bed. You can also automatically track your bedtime and wake times into a Google spreadsheet. On the IFTTT app, you can browse dozens of applets already created, or create your own.