About the Wāvtech bassFREQ
Improve the tone of your sub
Improve the tone of your sub
You love bass, but your system just doesn't quite have the low-frequency punch you're looking for. Wavtech's bassFREQ bass enhancement processor comes to the rescue, providing a fully tunable bass boost to add punch, a subsonic filter to reign in unwanted lower frequencies, and a low-pass filter to clear the higher frequencies away. A wired remote is included so you can control the bass from the driver's seat.
Provides a strong clean signal
Your aftermarket amplifier needs strong and clean input signals, whether getting them from a receiver's RCA outputs or a factory amp's speaker outputs. The bassFREQ can produce up to 10 volts of output in either scenario, acting as a line driver using its RCA inputs or as a line output converter using the speaker-level inputs.
- active 2-channel line driver/output converter
- 2-channel bass enhancement processor
- adjustable parametric EQ: 0-12 dB, narrow-wide width, 30-80 Hz
- variable subsonic filter (5-40 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable low-pass filter (50-400 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- wired remote level control and 16-foot cable included
- designed to work with aftermarket and factory systems
- provides up to 10Vrms output
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- selectable speaker-level input sensitivity (20V or 40V) via internal jumper
- auto turn-on via DC offset or audio detect
- gain control and clip light
- 12-volt turn-on lead output
- speaker-level inputs feature load resistance to prevent factory stereo shut-down
- optional plug-in load resistors available for vehicles like some newer Chrysler vehicles that need less resistance for the factory stereo's load-sensing to work
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with device
- 18-gauge power and ground leads and a 1-amp fuse recommended
- dimensions (not including terminals and jacks): 5-1/4"W x 1-1/8"H x 3-1/2"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BASSFREQ
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel line output converter/line driver/Bass Processor
- 2 Phoenix terminals (installed)
- Wired remote
- 5 meter RJ-45 remote cable
- 2 Mounting tabs (installed)
- Two ½" Screws
- Ground ring terminal
- Owner's manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Wāvtech bassFREQ
Overview: The bassFREQ is an active 2-channel line output converter and bass processor, designed for adding aftermarket an amplifier and subwoofer to a factory radio. It also has line level inputs, so it can be used as a line driver with an aftermarket radio.
Speaker Input: The speaker level inputs are compatible with most factory stereo systems. They will accommodate up 40 volts RMS per channel (equivalent to 400 watts at 4Ω). The balanced-differential input design minimizes the possibility of having noise induced into the signal.
Load Detect Compatible: The speaker inputs are loaded to simulate the factory system seeing a speaker. If a lower impedance is needed, the linkLD external parallel load can be added to the speaker inputs.
Output Level: The 10 volt RMS maximum allows you to adjust output voltage to the top of your amp's input range.
Clip Indicator: An onboard LED indicates when the output signal is too high and is clipping, making it easy to maximize the output levels without distortion.
Auto Turn-on: The speaker level inputs have a DC-offset circuit, and both the speaker level and RCA inputs have a signal sensing circuit. The unit turns on when there's an input signal and turns off when the signal disappears. There is also a +12 volt remote turn-on input and the auto turn-on circuits can be disabled.
Equalizer: The bassFREQ has a single band parametric EQ. The frequency range is adjustable from 30 Hz to 80 Hz, the width (Q) from 1.5 to 5, and the boost from 0 dB to +12 dB.
Subsonic Filter: The subsonic filter is removes frequencies too low for your subwoofer to reproduce. The crossover point is variable from 5 Hz to 40 Hz, with a slope of 24 dB/octave.
Crossover: The low pass crossover point is variable from 50 Hz to 400 Hz, with a slope of 24 dB/octave. The low pass crossover is always engaged, so the bassFREQ cannot pass a full range signal.
Remote: The included wired remote is designed to be dash mounted, within reach of the driver; the housing can be mounted under the dash, or the housing can be removed and the knob and LED can be custom mounted through the dash.
- Width: 1½" (2⅜" including mounting tabs)
- Height: 1⅛"
- Depth: 1¾" (3" including knob and wire)
Ground Isolation: The internal audio signal ground is switchable, in case of ground loop noise. The factory position is chassis ground (typically the best choice), but can be changed to 200Ω or ISO (isolated).
Terminal Blocks: The power/ground/remote-in/remote-out terminal and the speaker level inputs are removable Phoenix terminals (Euroblock). The wiring is attached to the block, then the block is plugged into the chassis. The terminal blocks will accommodate wire up to 16-gauge.
- Power: removable 4-pin Phoenix terminal
- Ground: minimum 18-gauge wire recommended
- +12 volts: minimum 18-gauge wire recommended with a 1-amp fuse (not included)
- Remote In: unit turns on when +12 volts applied to this terminal
- Remote Out: +12 volt output when unit is on (used to turn on amp, 500 mA max)
- Speaker Level Inputs: removable 4-pin Phoenix terminal
- Line Inputs: stereo RCA jacks
- Line Outputs: two mono RCA jacks
- Remote: RJ-45 jack for included wired remote control
- Gain: rotary dial
- Parametric EQ:
- Boost: rotary dial; variable from 0 dB to +12 dB
- Width (Q): rotary dial; variable from 1.5 to 5 (labeled narrow/medium/wide)
- Frequency: rotary dial; variable from 30-80 Hz
- Subsonic: rotary dial; variable from 5 Hz to 40 Hz; 24 dB/octave slope
- Low Pass: rotary dial; variable from 50 Hz to 400 Hz; 24 dB/octave slope
- Ground Reference: three jumper positions; ground (factory setting), ISO, or 200Ω
- Remote: rotary knob; output attenuation variable from 0 dB to -30 dB
Hidden Controls: There are several jumper pins inside the bassFREQ chassis, to make adjustments that are not typically necessary:
- Speaker Level Input Sensitivity Range: The 2-position jumpers are set to 2-20 volts RMS (factory setting) or 4-40 volts RMS. (There are separate jumpers for each channel.)
- RCA Input: The 2-position jumpers are set to Balanced (factory setting) or Unbalanced. (There are separate jumpers for the left and right channels.)
- Auto Turn-on: The DC-offset and audio signal sensing circuits can be independently turned off. The factory setting for both is on. When either jumper is removed, that circuit is disabled.
- Frequency response:
- +0/-1 dB: 10 Hz-250 Hz
- +0/-3 dB: 5 Hz-400 Hz
- Input Impedance:
- Speaker input: 180 Ω
- RCA input: 20 kΩ
- Input Sensitivity:
- Speaker input: 2-40 volts RMS
- RCA input: 0.5-5 volts RMS
- Output Impedance: 50 Ω
- Maximum Output Voltage: 10 volts RMS
- THD+N: 0.1% (at 10 volts output)
- Speaker input:
- 1 volt output: 99 dBA
- 4 volt output: 110 dBA
- 10 volt output: 118 dBA
- RCA input:
- 1 volt output: 110 dBA
- 4 volt output: 120 dBA
- 10 volt output: 128 dBA
- Speaker input:
- Current Draw:
- Operating: 300mA (without remote out)
- Standby: 2.5mA
- Width: 6¼" (6¾" including cables)
- Height: 1¼"
- Depth: 3½"