About the Wāvtech bassRESTOR
Adds needed bass
Adds needed bass
You love bass in your music, but sometimes your music doesn't have that much bass in it — like a lot of Classic Rock and Latino recordings. Wāvtech's bassRESTOR lets you add what's missing, creating the low bass notes you want that weren't emphasized on the recording.
Provides a strong clean signal
Your aftermarket amplifier needs strong and clean input signals, whether getting them from a receiver's RCA outputs or a factory amp's speaker outputs. The bassRESTOR can produce up to 10 volts of output in either scenario, acting as a line driver using its RCA inputs or as a line output converter using the speaker-level inputs.
- 2-channel bass restoration processor
- adjustable effect (min-max), width (narrow-wide), frequency (30-80 Hz)
- variable subsonic filter (15-50 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- active 2-channel line driver/output converter
- designed to work with aftermarket and factory systems
- wired remote level and bass effect control and 16-foot cable included
- provides up to 10Vrms output
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- selectable speaker-level input sensitivity (20V or 40V) via internal jumper
- auto turn-on via DC offset or audio detect
- gain control and clip light
- 12-volt turn-on lead output
- aluminum chassis
- speaker-level inputs feature load resistance to prevent factory stereo shut-down
- optional plug-in load resistors available for vehicles like some newer Chrysler vehicles that need less resistance for the factory stereo's load-sensing to work
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with device
- 18-gauge power and ground leads and a 1-amp fuse recommended
- dimensions (not including terminals and jacks): 5-1/4"W x 1-1/8"H x 3-1/2"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BASSRESTOR
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel line output converter/line driver/Bass Processor
- 2 Phoenix terminals (installed)
- Wired remote
- 5 meter RJ-45 remote cable
- 2 Mounting tabs (installed)
- Two ½" Screws
- Ground ring terminal
- Owner's manual
Wāvtech bassRESTOR reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Wāvtech bassRESTOR
Overview: The bassRESTOR is designed to reintroduce bass frequencies missing from the existing recording. It's also an active 2-channel line output converter and line driver, with speaker level and RCA inputs.
Speaker Input: The speaker level inputs are compatible with most factory stereo systems. They will accommodate up 40 volts RMS per channel (equivalent to 400 watts at 4Ω). The balanced-differential input design minimizes the possibility of having noise induced into the signal.
Load Detect Compatible: The speaker inputs are loaded to simulate the factory system seeing a speaker. If a lower impedance is needed, the linkLD external parallel load can be added to the speaker inputs.
Output Level: The 10 volt RMS maximum allows you to adjust output voltage to the top of your amp's input range.
Clip Indicator: An onboard LED indicates when the output signal is too high and is clipping, making it easy to maximize the output levels without distortion.
Auto Turn-on: The speaker level inputs have a DC-offset circuit, and both the speaker level and RCA inputs have a signal sensing circuit. The unit turns on when there's an input signal and turns off when the signal disappears. There is also a +12 volt remote turn-on input and the auto turn-on circuits can be disabled.
Bass Processor: Several bass restoration settings are adjustable:
- Frequency: sets the center of the frequency range enhanced by the bass restoration; variable from 30 Hz to 80 Hz
- Width: adjusts the bandwidth of frequencies enhanced by bass restoration; Narrow/Wide
- Effect: sets the maximum boost; fine adjustments are then made using the wired remote; up to +18 dB
Subsonic Filter: The subsonic filter is removes frequencies too low for your subwoofer to reproduce. The crossover point is variable from 15 Hz to 50 Hz, with a slope of 24 dB/octave.
Remote: The included multi-function wired remote is designed to be dash mounted, within reach of the driver; the housing can be mounted under the dash, or the housing can be removed and the knob and LED can be custom mounted through the dash. The remote has three functions:
- Output Level: the main knob adjusts the total output level; the range is from full (governed by the gain setting) to -30 dB
- Bass Effect Level: the outer ring, around the main knob, adjusts the amount of bass restoration applied; the range is from full (governed by the setting on the unit) to -∞ (no effect)
- On/Off: push the knob to turn the Bass Restoration circuit on/off; the LED on the remote is illuminated when the circuit is on
- Width: 1½" (2⅜" including mounting tabs)
- Height: 1⅛"
- Depth: 1¾" (3" including knob and wire)
Ground Isolation: The internal audio signal ground is switchable, in case of ground loop noise. The factory position is chassis ground (typically the best choice), but can be changed to 200Ω or ISO (isolated).
Terminal Blocks: The power/ground/remote-in/remote-out terminal and the speaker level inputs are removable Phoenix terminals (Euroblock). The wiring is attached to the block, then the block is plugged into the chassis. The terminal blocks will accommodate wire up to 16-gauge.
- Power: removable 4-pin Phoenix terminal
- Ground: minimum 18-gauge wire recommended
- +12 volts: minimum 18-gauge wire recommended with a 1-amp fuse (not included)
- Remote In: unit turns on when +12 volts applied to this terminal
- Remote Out: +12 volt output when unit is on (used to turn on amp, 500 mA max)
- Speaker Level Inputs: removable 4-pin Phoenix terminal
- Line Inputs: stereo RCA jacks
- Line Outputs: stereo RCA jacks
- Remote: RJ-45 jack for included wired remote control
- Gain: rotary dial
- Bass Processor:
- Effect: rotary dial; variable up to +18 dB
- Width (Q): rotary dial; labeled narrow/medium/wide
- Frequency: rotary dial; variable from 30-80 Hz
- Subsonic Filter: rotary dial; variable from 15 Hz to 50 Hz; 24 dB/octave slope
- Ground Reference: three jumper positions; ground (factory setting), ISO, or 200Ω
- Main Knob: total output level attenuation; variable from 0 dB to -30 dB
- Outer Ring: adjusts the amount of bass restoration effect
- Button: push the knob to turn the Bass Restoration circuit on/off; the LED on the remote is illuminated when the circuit is on
Hidden Controls: There are several jumper pins inside the bassRESTOR chassis, to make adjustments that are not typically necessary:
- Input Sensitivity Range: The 2-position jumpers determine the gain control's voltage range, 2-20 volts RMS for the speaker level inputs and 0.5-5 volts RMS for the RCA inputs or 4-40 volts RMS for the speaker level inputs and 1-10 volts RMS for the RCA inputs (factory setting). (There are separate jumpers for the left and right channels.)
- RCA Input: The 2-position jumpers are set to Balanced (factory setting) or Unbalanced. (There are separate jumpers for the left and right channels.)
- Auto Turn-on: The DC-offset and audio signal sensing circuits can be independently turned off. The factory setting for both is on. When either jumper is removed, that circuit is disabled.
- Frequency response:
- +0/-1 dB: 18 Hz-75 kHz
- +0/-3 dB: 15 Hz-100 kHz
- Input Impedance:
- Speaker input: 180 Ω
- RCA input: 20 kΩ
- Input Sensitivity:
- Speaker input: 2-40 volts RMS
- RCA input: 0.5-10 volts RMS
- Output Impedance: 50 Ω
- Maximum Output Voltage: 10 volts RMS
- Using Speaker input: 0.05% (at 10 volts output)
- Using RCA input: 0.1% (at 10 volts output)
- Speaker input:
- 1 volt output: 96 dBA
- 4 volt output: 107 dBA
- 10 volt output: 115 dBA
- RCA input:
- 1 volt output: 95 dBA
- 4 volt output: 106 dBA
- 10 volt output: 114 dBA
- Speaker input:
- Current Draw:
- Operating: 300mA (without remote out)
- Standby: 1.2mA
- Width: 6¼" (6¾" including cables)
- Height: 1¼"
- Depth: 3½"