About the Wāvtech link2
Getting a strong clean signal from a factory stereo
Getting a strong clean signal from a factory stereo
Your aftermarket processors and amplifiers need clean and robust line-level input signals, especially when getting them from a factory radio's speaker outputs. Wāvtech's link2 line output converter can produce up to 10 volts of output — plenty enough for your aftermarket gear to work with.
Works with factory amps too
Those speaker-level inputs can handle up to 40 volts, the equivalent of 400 watts, so you can use one in a premium system with a factory amplifier. This way, you retain all your vehicle's factory audio options and warnings. The link2's gain control and clip light help you keep the signal level under control and distortion-free.
- active 2-channel line output converter
- designed to work with factory systems
- provides up to 10Vrms output
- speaker-level inputs only
- selectable speaker-level input sensitivity (20V or 40V) via internal jumper
- auto turn-on via DC offset or audio detect
- gain control and clip light
- 12-volt turn-on lead output
- aluminum chassis
- speaker-level inputs feature load resistance to prevent factory stereo shut-down
- optional plug-in parallel load resistors available for vehicles like some newer Chrysler vehicles that need less resistance for the factory stereo's load-sensing to work
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with device
- 18-gauge power and ground leads and a 1-amp fuse recommended
- dimensions (not including terminals and jacks): 2-1/2"W x 1-1/8"H x 2-15/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # LINK2
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel line output converter
- 2 Phoenix terminals (installed)
- 2 Mounting tabs (installed)
- Two ½" Screws
- Ground ring terminal
- Owner's manual
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Wāvtech link2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Wāvtech link2
Overview: The link2 is an active 2-channel line output converter designed for adding an aftermarket amplifier to a factory radio.
Speaker Input: The speaker level inputs are compatible with most factory stereo systems. They will accommodate up 40 volts RMS per channel (equivalent to 400 watts at 4Ω). The balanced-differential input design minimizes the possibility of having noise induced into the signal.
Load Detect Compatible: The inputs are loaded to simulate the factory system seeing a speaker. If a lower impedance is needed, the linkLD external parallel load can be added to the link2 inputs.
Output Level: The 10 volt RMS maximum allows you to adjust output voltage to the top of your amp's input range.
Clip Indicator: An onboard LED indicates when the output signal is too high and is clipping, making it easy to maximize the output levels without distortion.
Auto Turn-on: The speaker level inputs have a DC-offset circuit, and both the speaker level inputs and aux input have a signal sensing circuit. The link2 turns on when there's an input signal and turns off when the signal disappears. There is also a +12 volt remote turn-on input and the auto turn-on circuits can be disabled.
Ground Isolation: The internal audio signal ground is switchable, in case of ground loop noise. The factory position is chassis ground (typically the best choice), but can be changed to 200Ω or ISO (isolated).
Terminal Blocks: The power/ground/remote-in/remote-out terminal and the speaker level inputs are removable Phoenix terminals (Euroblock). The wiring is attached to the block, then the block is plugged into the link2. The terminal blocks will accommodate wire up to 16-gauge.
- Power: removable 4-pin Phoenix terminal
- Ground: minimum 18-gauge wire recommended
- +12 volts: minimum 18-gauge wire recommended with a 1-amp fuse (not included)
- Remote In: unit turns on when +12 volts applied to this terminal
- Remote Out: +12 volt output when unit is on (used to turn on amp, 500 mA max)
- Speaker Level Inputs: removable 4-pin Phoenix terminal
- Line Outputs: RCA jacks for channels 1 and 2
- Gain: rotary dial
- Ground Reference: three jumper positions; ground (factory setting), ISO, or 200Ω
Hidden Controls: There are several jumper pins inside the link2 chassis, to make adjustments that are not typically necessary:
- Speaker Level Input Sensitivity Range: The 2-position jumpers are set to 2-20 volts RMS (factory setting) or 4-40 volts RMS. (There are separate jumpers for the left and right channels.)
- Auto Turn-on: The DC-offset and audio signal sensing circuits can be independently turned off. The factory setting for both is on. When either jumper is removed, that circuit is disabled.
- Frequency response:
- +0/-1 dB: 10 Hz-100 kHz
- +0/-3 dB: 5 Hz-100 kHz
- Input Impedance: 180 Ω
- Speaker Input Sensitivity: 2-40 volts RMS
- Output Impedance: 50 Ω
- Maximum Output Voltage: 10 volts RMS
- THD+N: 0.01% (at 10 volts output)
- 1 volt output: 90 dBA
- 4 volt output: 102 dBA
- 10 volt output: 110 dBA
- Current Draw:
- Operating: 120mA (without remote out)
- Standby: 1.4mA
- Width: 3½" (4" including cables)
- Height: 1¼"
- Depth: 3"