About the Wāvtech linkD
Provides a strong clean signal
Provides a strong clean signal
Your aftermarket processors and amplifiers need strong and clean input signals, whether getting them from a receiver's RCA outputs or a factory amp's speaker outputs. Wāvtech's linkD can produce up to 10 volts of output in either scenario, acting as a line driver using its RCA inputs or as a line output converter using the speaker-level inputs.
Works with factory amps
Those speaker-level inputs can handle up to 40 volts, the equivalent of 400 watts, so you can use one in a premium system with a factory amplifier. This way you retain all your vehicle's factory audio options and warnings. The linkD's gain control and clip light help you keep the signal level under control and distortion-free.
- active 2-channel line driver/output converter
- designed to work with aftermarket and factory systems
- provides up to 10Vrms output
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- selectable speaker-level input sensitivity (20V or 40V) via internal jumper
- auto turn-on via DC offset or audio detect
- gain control and clip light
- 12-volt turn-on lead output
- speaker-level inputs feature load resistance to prevent factory stereo shut-down
- optional plug-in parallel load resistors available for vehicles like some newer Chrysler vehicles that need less resistance for the factory stereo's load-sensing to work
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with device
- 18-gauge power and ground leads and a 1-amp fuse recommended
- dimensions (not including terminals and jacks): 2-13/16"W x 1-1/8"H x 2-15/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # LINKD
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel line output converter/line driver
- 2 Phoenix terminals (installed)
- 2 Mounting tabs (installed)
- Two ½" Screws
- Ground ring terminal
- Owner's manual
Wāvtech linkD reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Wāvtech linkD
Overview: The linkD is an active 2-channel line output converter and line driver, with speaker level and RCA inputs.
Speaker Input: The speaker level inputs are compatible with most factory stereo systems. They will accommodate up 40 volts RMS per channel (equivalent to 400 watts at 4Ω). The balanced-differential input design minimizes the possibility of having noise induced into the signal.
Load Detect Compatible: The speaker level inputs are loaded to simulate the factory system seeing a speaker. If a lower impedance is needed, the linkLD external parallel load can be added to the speaker inputs.
Output Level: The 10 volt RMS maximum allows you to adjust output voltage to the top of your amp's input range.
Clip Indicator: An onboard LED indicates when the output signal is too high and is clipping, making it easy to maximize the output levels without distortion.
Auto Turn-on: The speaker level inputs have a DC-offset circuit, and both the speaker level and RCA inputs have a signal sensing circuit. The unit turns on when there's an input signal and turns off when the signal disappears. There is also a +12 volt remote turn-on input and the auto turn-on circuits can be disabled.
Ground Isolation: The internal audio signal ground is switchable, in case of ground loop noise. The factory position is chassis ground (typically the best choice), but can be changed to 200Ω or ISO (isolated).
Terminal Blocks: The power/ground/remote-in/remote-out terminal and the speaker level inputs are removable Phoenix terminals (Euroblock). The wiring is attached to the block, then the block is plugged into the chassis. The terminal blocks will accommodate wire up to 16-gauge.
- Power: removable 4-pin Phoenix terminal
- Ground: minimum 18-gauge wire recommended
- +12 volts: minimum 18-gauge wire recommended with a 1-amp fuse (not included)
- Remote In: unit turns on when +12 volts applied to this terminal
- Remote Out: +12 volt output when unit is on (used to turn on amp, 500 mA max)
- Speaker Level Inputs: removable 4-pin Phoenix terminal
- Line Inputs: stereo RCA jacks
- Line Outputs: stereo RCA jacks
- Gain: rotary dial
- Ground Reference: three jumper positions; ground (factory setting), ISO, or 200Ω
Hidden Controls: There are several jumper pins inside the linkD chassis, to make adjustments that are not typically necessary:
- Speaker Level Input Sensitivity Range: The 2-position jumpers are set to 2-20 volts RMS (factory setting) or 4-40 volts RMS. (There are separate jumpers for the left and right channels.)
- RCA Input: The 2-position jumpers are set to Balanced (factory setting) or Unbalanced. (There are separate jumpers for the left and right channels.)
- Auto Turn-on: The DC-offset and audio signal sensing circuits can be independently turned off. The factory setting for both is on. When either jumper is removed, that circuit is disabled.
- Frequency response:
- +0/-1 dB: 18 Hz-75 kHz
- +0/-3 dB: 15 Hz-100 kHz
- Input Impedance:
- Speaker input: 180 Ω
- RCA input: 20 kΩ
- Input Sensitivity:
- Speaker input: 2-40 volts RMS
- RCA input: 0.5-5 volts RMS
- Output Impedance: 50 Ω
- Maximum Output Voltage: 10 volts RMS
- Using Speaker input: 0.1% (at 10 volts output)
- Using RCA input: 0.01% (at 10 volts output)
- Speaker input:
- 1 volt output: 95 dBA
- 4 volt output: 105 dBA
- 10 volt output: 112 dBA
- RCA input:
- 1 volt output: 98 dBA
- 4 volt output: 110 dBA
- 10 volt output: 115 dBA
- Speaker input:
- Current Draw:
- Operating: 200mA (without remote out)
- Standby: 1mA
- Width: 3¾" (4¼" including cables)
- Height: 1¼"
- Depth: 3"
1 question already asked