About the Cleer Ally Plus II
Sequel to a customer favorite
The Cleer Ally Plus II earbuds feature adaptive noise cancellation that adjusts to external sounds.
Sequel to a customer favorite
Cleer Audio has quickly become one of the brands I recommend most — their headphones always seem to outperform my expectations for their price. Case in point: the overachieving Ally Plus II true wireless earbuds. The previous-generation model earned high marks from our customers, and this latest version offers better noise-cancellation, longer battery life, and an even more comfortable, secure fit.
Perhaps most impressive is the vibrant, well-rounded sound with deep bass delivered by Cleer's 10mm dynamic drivers — larger than you'll find in most earbuds. Music and podcasts play wirelessly via Bluetooth 5.2, the latest and greatest version available. And there are absolutely no wires to get in your way.
Cleer Audio ups the ante on battery life
Cleer continues to stay ahead of the field when it comes to battery life. They offer up to 11 hours of music playback on a single charge (with noise cancellation off). That's tops for the true wireless category as I write this. The included case banks enough power to fully recharge the earbuds twice while you're on the move.
Adaptive noise cancellation and a quick way to hear others
These earbuds have sophisticated noise-canceling technology that adjusts to external sounds in real time, thanks to an array of built-in mics. They monitor your surroundings to calibrate the level of noise-canceling accordingly.
If someone needs your attention, press either earbud once. A touch sensor toggles from noise cancellation to "Ambient" mode so you can instantly hear important ambient noise or voices. Those built-in mics pick up the external sounds.
These sweat-proof earbuds are designed to fit comfortably and securely.
Advanced Bluetooth for a strong connection
In addition to strong, reliable Bluetooth 5.2, Cleer also includes aptX® Adaptive technology. This versatile wireless audio codec automatically detects if you're in an area with competing Bluetooth signals, and adjusts accordingly. In those crowded areas, it will optimize reliability over sound quality.
In places with no competing wireless signals, it will better preserve the audio quality with compatible phones. The aptX Adaptive technology can also sense when you're watching a video on, say, Netflix or YouTube. It keeps the latency low for those kind of sources so your audio and video should be better synced up.
Comfortable in-ear fit that stays put
Cleer uses drivers and batteries that are physically larger than you find in most earbuds, but the weight is well-distributed. They're designed to cause little to no extra strain on the ears. They've also slightly tweaked the design of their soft-gel silicone ear tips, so they create a more secure seal.
And they offer a generous selection. There are three different sizes of angled tips and five different sizes that are more rounded — including "extra small."
Adjust the sound and noise cancellation with the Cleer+ app
For more noise-canceling control, download the free Cleer+ app to your Apple® or Android™ device. It lets you further dial in the level of noise cancellation. You can also tweak the out-of-the-box sound. Choose from sound setting presets or adjust the EQ manually.
- Featured in our articles: Best true wireless earbuds for 2023 and Best earbuds for small ears in 2022
- 100% wire-free headphones
- no connecting cord between left and right earbuds
- Bluetooth 5.2 for wireless music listening and phone calls
- aptX® Adaptive automatically adjusts to prioritize audio quality or low latency, depending on the listening situation
- adaptable noise cancellation uses internal circuitry to reduces external distractions
- Ambient mode lets you hear external sounds
- large 10mm dynamic drivers deliver vibrant full-range sound
- tuned for clear vocals and deep, punchy bass
Charging Case and Battery Information:
- built-in rechargeable batteries offers 11 hours of listening with noise canceling off
- 5-minute "quick charge"
- slim carrying case banks up to 22 hours of power to wirelessly recharge headphones
- USB-C cable included for charging case
- case compatible with Qi wireless charging mat (sold separately)
Designed for active use:
- IPX4-rated sweat- and water-resistant design
- includes 8 pairs of silicone ear tips designed to avoid pressure points and stay secure
- 5 sizes of rounded ear tips
- 3 sizes of angled ear tips
- on-ear touch pad for Bluetooth pairing and controlling music, calls, and noise cancellation
- built-in microphones for clear, echo-free phone calls
General Info and Specs:
- Cleer+ app lets you manually adjust noise cancellation and sound
- free download for Apple® and Android™ devices
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- weight: 0.46 oz. (both earbuds)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GS-1338-02
What's in the box:
- Left and right wireless ear buds (Stone)
- Charging case
- 5 Pairs of round silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 3 Pairs of angled silicone ear tips
- 7" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- Quick Start Guide/User Manual/Warranty Card
Cleer Ally Plus II reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Cleer Ally Plus II
Features & specs
|Fit Style||True Wireless|
|Earcup Width x Height||0.85" x 0.816"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Cleer Audio Ally Plus II Noise Cancelling True Wireless Ear buds give you the freedom to listen to your favorite music without annoying wires. The Ally Plus II ear buds have Bluetooth 5.2, and are IPX4-certified for water- and sweat-resistance. Each ear bud and the included charging case has a rechargeable battery, to give you a combined 33 hours of playback time (w/o ANC). Ally Plus II includes multiple pairs of ear tips to help you find the most secure and comfortable fit. Each ear bud weighs 0.24 ounces each (0.48 oz. total), and just over 2 ounces with the charging case.
Drivers: The Ally Plus II ear buds are equipped with custom-tuned, 10mm Graphine dynamic drivers for clear, vibrant audio performance.
Microphones: Each ear bud features dual beam-forming microphones for clear voice quality for phone calls. Qualcomm's cVc 8th generation technology makes sure your voice comes through above any background noise.
Noise Cancellation: The Ally Plus II True Wireless ear buds feature Active Noise Cancelling technology to help you concentrate on your music or phone call without annoying ambient sounds. Its Feed Forward and Feed Backward design, combined with the passive noise isolation of the ear buds, provides up to 34dB of cancellation, when activated. The Ambient Awareness Mode allows the sound from the outside world to play through the ear buds to help you stay aware of your surroundings, even while wearing the ear buds. You can cycle through Noise Cancellation, Ambient Mode, and Off by double-tapping the control pad on either ear bud. In the Cleer+ app, you can make adjustments to the ANC and Ambient Awareness modes.
Touch Controls: Each ear bud has a touch-sensitive pad that lets you control volume, music playback (play/pause), phone calls (answer call, reject call, end call), Noise Cancellation and Ambient Mode, and Bluetooth pairing. Pressing and holding either ear bud's touch pad will trigger your device's default voice assistant. Sensors in the ear buds can detect when you remove one or both ear buds from your ears while playing music, and will automatically pause the playback. When the ear bud is replaced in the ear, the playback will resume. The Clear+ app lets you customize the touch controls with intuitive gestures for your music playback, calls, volume, and voice assistant.
Ear Tips: The Ally Plus II True Wireless ear buds come with 5 pairs of round silicone ear tips (XS, S, M, L, XL). Three pairs (S, M, L) of angled ear tips are also included.
Bluetooth 5.2: Ally Plus II is equipped with Bluetooth 5.2 technology and Qualcomm's QCC5141 chipset with a range of up to 30 feet (10 meters). It supports A2DP (v1.3), AVRCP (v1.6), HFP (v1.7), and HSP (v1.2) Bluetooth profiles. The ear buds are compatible with SBC and aptX Adaptive codecs for high quality audio reproduction.
Cleer+ App: The Cleer+ app lets you customize your Ally Plus II True Wireless ear buds to your personal tastes. You can make level adjustments to Active Noise Cancellation and Ambient Aware modes. The app also shows you the remaining battery level and playback time for each earbud. The built-in EQ lets you customize the sound of the ear buds. You'll be notified when firmware updates are available to keep your ear buds up-to-date. The Cleer+ app is compatible with iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 12.1, and with Android smartphones and tablets running Android 5.0 and up.
Battery Power: Each Ally Plus II ear bud has an 85 mAh Polymer Lithium-Ion battery, while the charging case has a 500 mAh rechargeable battery. The ear buds fully charge in the case in less than two hours using a 5V 1A USB charging adapter (not included). A 5-minute quick charge gives you approximately 1 hour of playback time. You can charge the case with the supplied USB-C cable, or via a Qi-compatible wireless charging pad. Fully charged ear buds offer up to 11 hours of playback time, or 10 hours with ANC on. The charging case provides up to an additional 22 hours of battery life (20 hrs. w/ANC), or two full charges, before needing to recharge the case again.
- Frequency Response Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Bluetooth Transmission Frequency Range: 2.402-2.480 GHz
- Bluetooth Transmission Power: <8.0dBm
- Water Resistance Rating: IPX4 (ear buds only)
- Ear Buds: Width 0.85", Height 0.816", Depth 0.98"
- Charging Case: Width 2.537", Height 1.214", Depth 1.749"
- Ear Buds: 0.24 ounces (each); 0.48 ounces (both)
- Charging Case: 1.57 ounces (empty); 2.05 ounces (w/ear buds)
The Cleer Ally Plus II replaces these items
- 100% wire-free, sweatproof headphones with no connecting cord between earbuds
- large 10mm dynamic drivers deliver vibrant full-range sound with deep, punchy bass
- built-in rechargeable batteries offer 10 hours of listening with noise canceling off