About the Cleer Audio Flow II
First-rate noise cancelers from a new name in audio
The striking Cleer Flow II Bluetooth headphones offer powerful active noise cancellation and deliver spacious, hard-hitting sound.
First-rate noise cancelers from a new name in audio
If you're shopping for premium noise-canceling headphones, I'd put the Cleer Flow II wireless headphones on your shortlist. I had a chance to audition these well-built 'phones and they rival some of the heavy hitters in this category. They offer top-notch noise-cancelling circutiry and loaded feature set. Plus, Cleer's patented "ironless" drivers deliver full, detailed sound that is strikingly spacious.
Music plays wirelessly from your phone via Bluetooth 5.0 — the strongest, most reliable Bluetooth yet. In fact, when I left my phone on my home office desk downstairs, I could walk to the far end of my basement, then upstairs. The music didn't skip a beat.
Striking design and snug, secure fit
These headphones looked and felt well put together when they arrive inside the included travel case. A gleaming ring around the earcups punctuated the sleek, industrial design. And the flexible metal headband secured them firmly into place.
The fit is snug, yet softly padded. This form-fitting design really helped isolate noise. It blocked out much of the office hustle-and-bustle around me — before I even turned on the active noise cancellation.
Powerful noise cancellation
But as soon as I did, the sophisticated circuitry hushed the constant low-end rumble of our HVAC system. It was even refined enough to knock out less consistent noises in other frequencies, like the rustling of an office chair, or restless typing of a coworker on deadline. The noise cancellation is designed to preserve the audio quality of whatever you're listening to.
I heard rich, spacious sound from the smooth-moving drivers
As I mentioned earlier, the Flow II's soundstage spreads out way further than I was expecting — well outside of the head. And within that generous space is a very specific, well-defined sense of place. On the bouncy, jazz-influenced R&B track "Turn me up" by Jose' James, the percussion sits vividly dead center while the funky guitar licks, bass line, and vocals seem to dance all around.
It's thanks to some well-engineered dynamic drivers. Cleer uses a patented "ironless" magnet configuration that allows for more fluid, free-flowing diaphragm movement. Cleer says this drastically reduces distortion across all frequencies, but particularly in the highs.
When listening to music, this results in a sound with prominent mids and clear, detailed highs that never get too harsh. You also get tight, tuneful bass that complements the other frequencies, rather than dominating them.
Swipe controls and Google Assistant button
The left earcup also has a touch-sensitive panel. You control music, volume, and calls with a simple tap or swipe of your finger. Cleer has a built-in microphone system for clear-sounding phone calls. You also have one-button access to Google Assistant via your smartphone. Ask questions, dictate texts, or control your tunes by voice — with no awkward delays.
Conversation mode: a convenient way to hear others
You can also use the built-in mics to let in important ambient noise or voices. "Conversation mode" will temporarily turn off the noise-canceling technology so you can hear a co-worker or in-flight instructions. Simply place your hand over the the left earcup, and the built-in mics will pick up external sounds and voices.
Better Bluetooth doesn't just mean a stronger, more stable wireless connection. Cleer included two advanced forms of audio coding: aptX-HD® and LDAC. Both offer improved sound quality with compatible devices. For example, an LDAC connection between these headphones and a Sony High-res Walkman retain musical details that often get lost when you go wireless.
- closed-back, over-the-ear headphones
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity for wireless music listening and phone calls with compatible smartphone
- aptX-HD® and AAC decoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- LDAC Hi-Fidelity wireless music streaming from compatible sources
- 40mm dynamic drivers with patented "ironless" magnet array
- free-motion ring magnet assembly for cleaner, more fluid diaphragm movement
- lowers distortion across all frequencies, and particularly in the highs
- spacious sound with clear vocals and strong bass
Active noise cancellation and ambient modes:
- hybrid noise-canceling circuitry to minimize external noise
- designed to preserve listening experience by not interfering with audio quality
- ambient modes allow in external sounds to keep you better aware of your surroundings
- "conversation mode" pauses music and uses mics to pick up external sounds
- dedicated earcup button summons Google Assistant on your smartphone or tablet
- ask questions, dictate texts, and control music by voice
- available for Apple® and Android™
- NFC-compatible for one-touch Bluetooth pairing with compatible devices
- earcup touch controls let you answer calls, play/pause music, skip tracks, and control volume
- dedicated buttons on left earcup for noise cancellation and ambient modes
- quickly activate "conversation mode" by covering the right earcup with your hand
- built-in microphone for making calls with a smartphone
General info and specs:
- built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 20 hours of wireless use with noise cancellation
- includes USB-C cable for charging
- 47" audio cable with 3.5mm plug for wired use
- airline adapter included for in-flight entertainment systems
- portable folding design with carrying case included
- frequency response: 20-40,000 Hz (wired), 20-20,000 Hz (wireless)
- weight: 11.5 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GS-7129-02-A
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Cleer Audio Flow II
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||20-20K Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 year|
|Labor Warranty||1 year|