About the Cleer Audio Flow II
First-rate noise cancelers from a new name in audio
The striking Cleer Flow II Bluetooth headphones offer powerful active noise cancellation and deliver spacious, hard-hitting sound.
First-rate noise cancelers from a new name in audio
If you're shopping for premium noise-canceling headphones, I'd put the Cleer Flow II wireless headphones on your shortlist. I had a chance to audition these well-built 'phones and they rival some of the heavy hitters in this category. They offer top-notch noise-cancelling circutiry and loaded feature set. Plus, Cleer's patented "ironless" drivers deliver full, detailed sound that is strikingly spacious.
Music plays wirelessly from your phone via Bluetooth. And when I left my phone on my home office desk downstairs, I could walk to the far end of my basement, then upstairs. The music didn't skip a beat.
Striking design and snug, secure fit
These headphones looked and felt well put together when they arrive inside the included travel case. A gleaming ring around the earcups punctuated the sleek, industrial design. And the flexible metal headband secured them firmly into place.
The fit is snug, yet softly padded. This form-fitting design really helped isolate noise. It blocked out much of the office hustle-and-bustle around me — before I even turned on the active noise cancellation.
Powerful noise cancellation
But as soon as I did, the sophisticated circuitry hushed the constant low-end rumble of our HVAC system. It was even refined enough to knock out less consistent noises in other frequencies, like the rustling of an office chair, or restless typing of a coworker on deadline. The noise cancellation is designed to preserve the audio quality of whatever you're listening to.
I heard rich, spacious sound from the smooth-moving drivers
As I mentioned earlier, the Flow II's soundstage spreads out way further than I was expecting — well outside of the head. And within that generous space is a very specific, well-defined sense of place. On the bouncy, jazz-influenced R&B track "Turn me up" by Jose' James, the percussion sits vividly dead center while the funky guitar licks, bass line, and vocals seem to dance all around.
It's thanks to some well-engineered dynamic drivers. Cleer uses a patented "ironless" magnet configuration that allows for more fluid, free-flowing diaphragm movement. Cleer says this drastically reduces distortion across all frequencies, but particularly in the highs.
When listening to music, this results in a sound with prominent mids and clear, detailed highs that never get too harsh. You also get tight, tuneful bass that complements the other frequencies, rather than dominating them.
Swipe controls and Google Assistant button
The left earcup also has a touch-sensitive panel. You control music, volume, and calls with a simple tap or swipe of your finger. Cleer has a built-in microphone system for clear-sounding phone calls. You also have one-button access to Google Assistant via your smartphone. Ask questions, dictate texts, or control your tunes by voice — with no awkward delays.
Conversation mode: a convenient way to hear others
You can also use the built-in mics to let in important ambient noise or voices. "Conversation mode" will temporarily turn off the noise-canceling technology so you can hear a co-worker or in-flight instructions. Simply place your hand over the the left earcup, and the built-in mics will pick up external sounds and voices.
Better Bluetooth doesn't just mean a stronger, more stable wireless connection. Cleer included two advanced forms of audio coding: aptX-HD® and LDAC. Both offer improved sound quality with compatible devices. For example, an LDAC connection between these headphones and a Sony High-res Walkman retain musical details that often get lost when you go wireless.
- closed-back, over-the-ear headphones
- Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity for wireless music listening and phone calls with compatible smartphone
- aptX-HD® and AAC decoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- LDAC Hi-Fidelity wireless music streaming from compatible sources
- 40mm dynamic drivers with patented "ironless" magnet array
- free-motion ring magnet assembly for cleaner, more fluid diaphragm movement
- lowers distortion across all frequencies, and particularly in the highs
- spacious sound with clear vocals and strong bass
Active noise cancellation and ambient modes:
- hybrid noise-canceling circuitry to minimize external noise
- designed to preserve listening experience by not interfering with audio quality
- ambient modes allow in external sounds to keep you better aware of your surroundings
- "conversation mode" pauses music and uses mics to pick up external sounds
- dedicated earcup button summons Google Assistant on your smartphone or tablet
- ask questions, dictate texts, and control music by voice
- available for Apple® and Android™
- NFC-compatible for one-touch Bluetooth pairing with compatible devices
- earcup touch controls let you answer calls, play/pause music, skip tracks, and control volume
- dedicated buttons on left earcup for noise cancellation and ambient modes
- quickly activate "conversation mode" by covering the right earcup with your hand
- built-in microphone for making calls with a smartphone
General info and specs:
- built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 20 hours of wireless use with noise cancellation
- includes USB-C cable for charging
- 47" audio cable with 3.5mm plug for wired use
- airline adapter included for in-flight entertainment systems
- portable folding design with carrying case included
- frequency response: 20-40,000 Hz (wired), 20-20,000 Hz (wireless)
- weight: 11.5 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GS-7129-02-A
What's in the box:
Cleer Audio Flow II owner's manual
- Over-ear wireless headphones (Light Metallic)
- 42" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- 48" Audio cable (straight 3.5mm plugs on each end)
- In-flight adapter (female 3.5mm jack to dual male 3.5mm plugs)
- Zippered storage case
- Quick Start Guide/User Manual/Warranty Card
Cleer Audio Flow II reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Cleer Audio Flow II
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.057" x 3.095"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||20-40k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Cleer Audio Flow II over-ear wireless headphones feature Bluetooth 4.2 with NFC, hybrid noise cancelling, and on-board controls for music playback and phone calls. Powered by a 3.7-volt rechargeable battery, the Flow II has a playback time of up to 20 hours. The headphones include a 4' audio cable, in-flight adapter, and a zippered storage case.
Drivers: The Flow II is equipped with patented 40mm Ironless drivers for a wide frequency response of 20-40k (when using the included 3.5mm cable). Instead of a commonly-used iron pole, Flow II has 20 rare-earth magnets assembled in a ring for a more focused magnetic field. This gives a long excursion of the magnesium diaphragm for deep bass, and much more control over the voice coil for exceptionally low distortion. The Flow II's wide frequency range makes them ideal for listening to your favorite hi-res audio files.
Note: The frequency response when listening wirelessly (Bluetooth) is 20Hz to 20kHz.
Hybrid Active Noise Cancellation: The headphones pair optimal passive sound isolation with effective hybrid noise cancelling of up to 30dB, to give you an immersive listening experience without all of the distractions. The closed-back design and soft ear pads keep out much of the outside noise. Activating the Hybrid ANC circuitry eliminates the remaining noise, so all you hear is your music. Cleer's Hybrid ANC utilizes microphones inside and outside of the ear cups to more effectively eliminate almost 99.5% of external noise. You can use the dedicated ANC button to toggle between Active Noise Cancellation and Ambient modes. The Ambient Aware function uses the external microphones to enhance ambient noise so you can hear what's going on around you. While ANC is enabled, you can attenuate the audio and temporarily go into Ambient mode by placing your palm over the left ear cup. This allows you to carry on a conversation with people around you without removing your headphones.
Note: Noise Cancelling and Ambient Aware are even available when the included audio cable is plugged in and Bluetooth is off.
Google Assistant: Flow II is equipped with a dedicated Google Assistant button to give you easy access with the touch of a button. You can ask the Google Assistant to play back your favorite music, make a phone call, or look for information. Pressing the button once will fetch the assistant, and two presses will stop the assistant from making announcements. Holding the button down allows you to speak to the Google Assistant. Your device must have Android 5.0 and up or iOS 9.3 or later, and be equipped with the Google Assistant app. You must first connect the device to the internet, as the Flow II cannot connect directly.
Bluetooth 4.2: Cleer Audio's Flow II wireless headphones are equipped with Bluetooth 4.2 with support for SPP (v1.0), HFP (v1.6), A2DP (v1.3.1), and AVRCP (v1.6). The headphones have Near Field Communications (NFC), allowing you to pair to your compatible device by simply touching it to the right ear cup. Flow II is also compatible with Google Fast Pair (2.0 or higher) devices. Flow II supports Sony's LDAC, Qualcomm's aptX, and AAC codecs.
Touch Controls: The headphones feature intuitive touch controls on the left earcup for audio playback and phone calls. A double-tap of the earcup will play/pause your music or answer/end an incoming call. Swiping forward or backward across the earcup lets you skip to the next or previous track, respectively. A vertical swipe adjusts the volume up or down. In addition to the touch controls, Flow II has a sensor that automatically pauses the music when you remove the headphones. When you're ready to listen again, the music automatically resumes playing again when you put the headphones on.
Power: The headphones are powered by a built-in 3.7-volt, 800mAh Lithium-ion rechargeable battery. The battery charges is approximately 2 hours using the included Micro USB cable. A 10-minute quick charge will give you about 2 hours of battery life. With both ANC and BT on, the playback time is approximately 20 hours. A 4' audio cable (3.5mm plugs on each end) is included for listening to your music when the battery is exhausted, or when you can't listen wirelessly. When the audio cable is plugged in, Bluetooth is turned off, however, you can still use the Noise Cancellation and Ambient Aware features.
The Cleer Audio Flow II replaces these items
- hybrid noise-cancelling circuitry minimizes external sound
- aptX® HD, LDAC, and AAC decoding for high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- 40mm dynamic drivers with free-motion magnet design for clear sound with low distortion