About the Cleer Flow
Well-designed headphones from a punchy newcomer
The striking Cleer Flow Bluetooth headphones offer powerful active noise cancellation and other convenient features.
Well-designed headphones from a punchy newcomer
The Cleer Flow over-ear headphones boast many of the same features that you find in the best wireless noise-cancelers from more established brands. Music plays wirelessly from your phone via Bluetooth, and top-notch noise-canceling circuitry helps silence external distractions. And Cleer's patented "ironless" drivers deliver full, detailed sound that I've found is surprisingly spacious.
Striking design and snug, secure fit
These headphones look and feel well put together when they arrive inside the included travel case. And they have a tight, yet well-cushioned fit, so they stay securely in place. This form-fitting design also helps isolate noise — before you even turn on the active noise cancellation.
Powerful noise cancellation
Cleer's hybrid noise cancellation technology is strong enough to hush the constant low-end rumble of an airplane engine. But it is refined enough to knock out less consistent noises in other frequencies (like you might find in an office). It is also designed to preserve the audio quality of whatever you're listening to.
Rich, full sound from smooth-moving drivers
Cleer has some well-engineered dynamic drivers under the hood. They use a patented "ironless" magnet configuration that allows for more fluid, free-flowing diaphragm movement. Cleer says this drastically reduces distortion across all frequencies, but particularly in the highs.
When listening to music, this results in a sound with prominent mids and clear, detailed highs that never get too harsh. You also get tight, tuneful bass that complements the other frequencies, rather than dominating them. And as mentioned earlier, the soundstage expands out further than you typically hear from other closed-back headphones of this ilk.
Touch controls and ambient awareness
The left earcup also a touch-sensitive panel to control music, volume, and calls. It's all done with a simple tap or swipe of your finger. You'll also find two physical buttons One that turns noise cancellation on and off, and another that scrolls through ambient awareness modes.
This uses the headphones' built-in mics to allow in external sounds. "Ambient normal" helps keep you aware of all your surroundings, while "ambient voice" hones in on the frequencies of human speech. And when you hold the button for two seconds, "conversation mode" is activated. That completely shuts off the music, so it comes in handy when someone quickly needs your attention.
- closed-back, over-the-ear headphones
- Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity for wireless music listening and phone calls with compatible smartphone
- aptX-HD® and AAC decoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- LDAC Hi-Fidelity wireless music streaming from compatible sources
- 40mm dynamic drivers with patented "ironless" magnet array
- free-motion ring magnet assembly for cleaner, more fluid diaphragm movement
- lowers distortion across all frequencies, and particularly in the highs
- spacious sound with clear vocals and strong bass
Active noise cancellation and ambient modes:
- hybrid noise-canceling circuitry to minimize external noise
- designed to preserve listening experience by not interfering with audio quality
- ambient modes allow in external sounds to keep you better aware of your surroundings
- "ambient voice" lifts human speech above all other noises
- "conversation mode" pauses music and uses mics to pick up external sounds
Build and design:
- folding design for portability
- snug, form-fitting design helps secure headphones and naturally isolate noise
- flexible metal headband with soft, padded grip
- generous cushioning on headband and earpads
- NFC-compatible for one-touch Bluetooth pairing with compatible devices
- earcup touch controls let you answer calls, play/pause music, skip tracks, and control volume
- dedicated buttons on left earcup for noise cancellation and ambient modes
- built-in microphone for making calls with a smartphone
General info and specs:
- built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 20 hours of wireless use with noise cancellation
- includes USB-C cable for charging
- 47" audio cable with 3.5mm plug for wired use
- airline adapter included for in-flight entertainment systems
- portable folding design with carrying case included
- frequency response: 4-40,000 Hz (wired), 20-40,000 Hz (wireless)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GS-1283-02-A
What's in the box:
- Over-ear wireless noise-cancelling headphones (silver)
- Silver beauty rings (installed)
- Rose Gold beauty rings
- 39" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- 48" Audio cable (3.5mm plugs on each end)
- In-flight adapter (female 3.5mm jack to dual male 3.5mm plugs)
- Zippered storage case
- Quick Start Guide
Cleer Flow reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Cleer Flow
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.06" x 3.844"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||20-40k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Cleer Audio Flow over-ear wireless headphones feature Bluetooth 4.2 with NFC, hybrid noise cancelling, and on-board controls for music playback and phone calls. Powered by a 3.7-volt rechargeable battery, the Flow has a playback time of up to 20 hours. The headphones include two sets of interchangeable beauty rings, and come with a 4' audio cable, in-flight adapter, and a zippered storage case.
Drivers: The Flow is equipped with patented 40mm Ironless drivers for a wide frequency response of 20-40k. Instead of a commonly-used iron pole, Flow has 20 rare-earth magnets assembled in a ring for a more focused magnetic field. This gives a long excursion of the magnesium diaphragm for deep bass, and much more control over the voice coil for exceptionally low distortion. The Flow's wide frequency range makes them ideal for listening to your favorite hi-res audio files.
Hybrid Active Noise Cancellation: The headphones pair optimal passive sound isolation with effective hybrid noise cancelling to give you an immersive listening experience without all of the distractions. The closed-back design and soft ear pads keep out much of the outside noise. Activating the Hybrid ANC circuitry eliminates the remaining noise, so all you hear is your music. Cleer's Hybrid ANC utilizes microphones inside and outside of the ear cups to more effectively eliminate almost 99.5% of external noise. The Ambient Aware function uses the external microphones to enhance ambient noise so you can hear what's going on around you. There are two modes: normal and voice. Holding down the Ambient Aware button attenuates the audio so you can carry on a conversation without removing your headphones.
Note: Noise Cancelling and Ambient Aware are even available when the included audio cable is plugged in and Bluetooth is off.
Bluetooth 4.2: Cleer Audio's Flow wireless headphones are equipped with Bluetooth 4.2 with support for SPP (v1.0), HFP (v1.6), A2DP (v1.3.1), and AVRCP (v1.6). The headphones have Near Field Communications (NFC), allowing you to pair to your compatible device by simply touching it to the right ear cup. Flow supports Sony's LDAC, Qualcomm's aptX, and AAC codecs.
Touch Controls: The headphones feature intuitive touch controls on the left earcup for audio playback and phone calls. A double-tap of the earcup will play/pause your music or answer an incoming call. Swiping forward or backward across the earcup lets you skip to the next or previous track, respectively. A vertical swipe adjusts the volume up or down. In addition to the touch controls, Flow has a sensor that automatically pauses the music when you remove the headphones. When you're ready to listen again, the music automatically resumes playing again when you put the headphones on.
Interchangeable Beauty Rings: Surrounding the left and right earcup pads are silver beauty rings which add a sense of style to the headphones. A second pair of rings, in rose gold, is included so you can swap them out to match your wardrobe or mood. The rings simply twist on and off.
Power: The headphones are powered by a built-in 3.7-volt, 800mAh Lithium-ion rechargeable battery. The battery charges is approximately 2 hours using the included Micro USB cable. With both ANC and BT on, the playback time is approximately 20 hours. A 5-minute quick charge will give you approximately 90 minutes playback time. A 4' audio cable (3.5mm plugs on each end) is included for listening to your music when the battery is exhausted, or when you can't listen wirelessly. When the audio cable is plugged in, Bluetooth is turned off, however, you can still use the Noise Cancellation and Ambient Aware features.