About the Primare DD35
A truly exceptional CD spinner
A truly exceptional CD spinner
CD-loving audiophiles know that typical CD players don't begin to extract all the rich musical details embedded in the pits of those shiny discs. The first step to exceptional CD sound is accurately reading the information on your discs. That's the one and only job of Primare's DD35 CD transport. Its low-resonance drive and ultra low-noise digital output are superior to those found on even expensive CD players.
The DD35's high-performance TEAC disc drive supplies a jitter-free signal to the digital output stage, which boasts its own discrete power supply, ensuring that the digital signal sent to your DAC is as noise-free as possible.
Pair it with a high-quality DAC
No matter what DAC you plan to use, sending it the purest digital signal will ensure the best possible sound. Primare suggests partnering the DD35 transport with one of their Prisma components with a high-quality built-in DAC, such as the I35 Prisma integrated amplifier or PRE35 Prisma preamplifier.
Stylish sound from Scandinavia
Founded in Sweden in the mid '80s, Primare relies on a talented team of designers to create its innovative high-end audio components. Among audiophiles, their equipment is admired both for its exceptional sound quality and its elegant appearance.
- plays audio CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs
- TEAC precision disc drive resists vibration and noise
- custom linear power supply combined with a switching mode standby supply (turned off when in playback mode to minimize noise)
- front-panel OLED display
- remote control
- 1 coaxial digital audio output
- 1 Toslink optical digital audio output
- 3.5mm IR remote control in/out can be used with an optional IR repeater system and compatible Primare products
- 3.5mm 12V trigger in/out for switching on the DD35 from another device, like Primare's I35 Prisma
- RS-232 port for use with home automation control systems, like Crestron
- detachable power cord
Dimensions and warranty:
- 16-15/16"W x 4-3/16"H x 17-1/16"D
- weight: 22 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PRIS30DD35BLK
What's in the box:
- CD transport
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (C25)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Two 59" Mono-minijack cables
- AC polarity pen
- Thank You Letter
- Safety And Warning Notification
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Primare DD35
Features & specs
|CD Transport Only||Yes|
|Direct Track Access||Yes|
|Direct Disc Access||N/A|
|Network Music Streaming||No|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Stereo SACD Playback||N|
|CD Frequency Response||N/A Hz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||Not Given|
|SACD Frequency Response||Not Compatible|
|SACD Dynamic Range||Not Given|
|SACD THD||Not Given|
|Digital Optical Input||No|
|Digital Coaxial Input||No|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|USB Type-B Input||No|
|Analog RCA Output||No|
|Analog XLR Output||No|
|Digital Optical Output||Yes|
|Digital Coaxial Output||Yes|
DD35 CD Transport: The Primare DD35 is a full-size dedicated CD transport using a state of the art low resonance dedicated CD drive and ultra low noise digital output for an audiophile-grade listening experience.
Note: The Primare DD35 is a CD transport and not a traditional CD player; it is not equipped with its own DAC (digital-to-analog converter).
TEAC 5020A-AT CD Drive: At the heart of DD35 is a state-of-the-art dedicated TEAC CD drive (5020A-AT) that is isolated and adjusted for precise, smooth tray loading, and low clamp noise. An internal interphase I2S and SPDIF digital audio interface combined with buffered memory is utilized for improved performance.The state-of-the-art TEAC dedicated CD drive supplies a jitter free signal to the digital output stage boasting its own discrete power supply, ensuring the most complete and noise free signal is available for the chosen digital to analog conversion stage.
Note: The DD35 supports playback of CD-Audio discs; as well as CD-R/CD-RW discs with PCM music files (up 44.1kHz). Its compatible with 8cm and 12cm discs. Not compatible with SACD or DVD Audio discs.
Custom Linear Power Supply: The Primare DD35 utilizes a custom linear power supply that is combined with a switch mode standby supply (turned off when in playback mode to minimize noise) to deliver on demand the precise power needed.
Optical & Coaxial Digital Outputs: The DD35 is equipped with an optical (toslink) and coaxial (RCA) digital outputs that support 16-bit/44.1kHz PCM audio. The optical and coaxial digital outputs to not support Dolby Digital/DTS.
Note: The DD35 is not outfitted with any analog audio outputs.
Remote Control: The Primare DD35 includes an IR remote; plus offers IR Input/Output connections, a 12V trigger in/out connections, and a RS232 port.
- IR Remote: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the Pirmare DD35 CD transport. The IR remote offers the same controls that are located on the front-panel, as well as advanced playback, search, and menu functions.
- IR Input/Output: The IR input (3.5mm) and IR output (3.5mm) can be used with an optional IR repeater system (sold separately) and compatible Primare products.
- 12V Trigger In/Out: The 12V Trigger input/output (3.5mm) allows you to syncrhonize the DD35 CD transport's power on/off with other components that also features a 12V Trigger input/output.
- RS232 Port: The RS232 port allows you to connect the Primare DD35 CD transport to a third-party home automation control systems, such as Crestron (sold separately).
Front-Panel Display & Controls: The front-panel display indicates elapsed and remain time. You can switch between elapsed time for the current track or entire disc and reamining time for the current track and entire disc. You can also adjust the brightness level of the display. Front-panel controls include Power On/Off, Play, Skip, Stop, Open, and Menu.
1 question already asked