About the iFi Audio nano iGalvanic3.0
Pristine sound from your computer
Pristine sound from your computer
Do you use your computer as a source of hi-fi music? Then check out this compact and solidly built device from iFi Audio. The nano iGalvanic3.0 goes between your computer and your outboard DAC to clean up the sound of your digital music files. It uses a design concept known as "galvanic isolation": isolated circuits strip away any noise caused by grounding issues and other electrical problems, allowing only the digital audio signal to pass through.
Electrical grounding problems come in many forms. The nano iGalvanic3.0 has a three-position Ground Link® switch that helps cover a range of scenarios. iFi suggests starting with this switch in its default center position ("Full Isolation" mode) before trying the other settings ("DC to RF soft ground-link" and "RF soft ground-link" modes).
A low-noise power supply
There's no need for outboard power adapters. The nano iGalvanic3.0 is powered by your computer's USB port. A USB 3.0 port works best, but USB 2.0 is also supported. iFi uses an ultra-low-noise, audiophile-grade power supply to ensure that your music emerges from a dead-quiet background.
An end to jitter
Audio files stored on a computer run the risk of being affected by timing errors, known as "jitter," which can muddy sonic details in the music. iFi's solution to this problem is to completely re-clock and re-create the USB audio signal from scratch with their proprietary REclock, REgenerate and REbalance2® technology. In fact, the nano iGalvanic3.0 does this twice, on both sides of the galvanic isolation circuitry. The result is a clear, jitter-free audio signal that makes your music sound its best.
Who is iFi Audio?
iFi is an award-winning British audio company that specializes in sound-improving solutions. Their gear is packed with sophisticated circuitry that helps you get the most out of your listening experience.
- galvanic isolation removes noise caused by grounding problems and AC power irregularities
- three-position Ground Link switch
- REclock, REgenerate and REbalance2 technology improves the quality of your source's digital audio stream and reduces jitter
- low-noise, audiophile-grade power supply built in
- powered by your computer's USB port
- Type-B USB 3.0 input
- Type-A USB 3.0 output
- compatible with USB 2.0
- 2-5/8"W x 1-1/8"H x 3-11/16"D
- weight: 4.48 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 304007
What's in the box:
- USB signal regenerator
- 20" USB 3.0 cable (Type A USB 3.0 on one end and Type B USB 3.0 on other end)
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- User Manual
- 3 Easy Steps card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the iFi Audio nano iGalvanic3.0
Overview: The iFi Audio nano iGalvanic3.0 is a USB signal isolator and regenerator to eliminate noise from the power supply or RFI/EFM noise. Isolating and eliminating noise from a USB audio signal is critical for high-resolution digital audio. The device features a USB 3.0 Type B input port on one end and a USB 3.0 Type A output port on the other. A Ground Link switch lets you optimize the noise isolation in different types of systems. The nano iGalvanic3.0 comes with a 20" USB 3.0 cable.
USB 2.0/3.0 Compliant: The nano iGalvanic3.0 is compliant with USB 3.0 Super-speed, and USB 2.0 Hi-speed and Low-speed with transfer speeds from 1.5 Mbps to 5.0 Gbps. Separate galvanic isolation stages are used, one for USB 3.0 and the other for USB 2.0. They cannot be the same because USB 3.0 has separate transmitting and receiving lines while USB 2.0 is bi-directional with one shared line.
REclock2, REgenerate2, REbalance2: The 2nd generation of iFi's advanced technology helps produce clean, clear music. The technology creates an all new signal, eliminates computer jitter, and removes noise contamination to restore a balanced signal.
Ground Link: nano iGalvanic3.0 is compatible with different types of computer audio systems, including those with no ground, one ground, or multiple grounds (earths). The 3-way Ground Link switch helps optimize isolation and eliminate unwanted hum or buzz. The settings include:
- DC to RF soft ground link: This position avoids hum in systems without ground.
- Full Isolation (Default): You should start with this position.
- RF soft ground link: This position avoids audio drop-outs in systems without ground.
Zero Delay: The iGalvanic3.0 performs its job of isolating and eliminating noise without further conversion, processing, timing issues, or delays.
- Output Voltage: 5V (+/- 3% @ 500mA load)
- Output Current: Up to 900mA (USB 3.0 port with USB 3.0 cable)
- Output Noise Floor: 0.5uV (0.0000005V) @ 500mA load
- Ground Connection: ISO, RF, DC-RF
- USB Standards:
- USB 3.0 Super-speed 5.0 Gbps
- USB 2.0 Hi-speed 480 Mbps
- USB 2.0 Hi-speed 12 Mbps
- USB 2.0 Low-speed 1.5 Mbps
- Connectors: USB 3.0 Type B (host side); USB 3.0 Type A (device side)
- Input Voltage: DC 4.5V to 5.5V USB Bus Power
- Power Consumption: < 6W (included powered USB device)
- Isolation Device Max Voltage: 3000 Vrms Isolation Voltage (per UL 1577)
- Dimensions: Width 2.637", Height 1.127", Length 3.463"
- Weight: 4.6 ounces