About the Zen One Signature
The best of both worlds
The best of both worlds
The Zen DAC V2 and Zen Blue V2 are some of our most popular iFi offerings. Each provides great sound for headphone and two-channel speaker setups alike. The new Zen One Signature brings together the best of both for spectacular hi-fi sound and wireless convenience. In fact, this is the first Zen Series DAC to support all high-res formats — including PCM, MQA, and DSD audio from traditional wired sources, as well as wireless formats like aptX® HD and LDAC.
A pure DAC with no headphone amp
It's important to note that this is a pure DAC — there's no onboard headphone amplifier. As such, it's a more focused piece where the DAC circuit really shines. There's a 32-bit Burr-Brown True Native® high-res DAC chip under the hood that takes care of the heavy lifting. It uses an upgraded high-precision crystal clock, an intelligent memory buffer, and a digital filter customized by iFi to keep jitter and other digital distortion to an absolute minimum.
A powerful 16-core processor handles the incoming USB data, ensuring all the digital signal's 1s and 0s are in the right spot before they hit the DAC. The processor has been carefully optimized by iFi to ensure it works in harmony with the Burr-Brown DAC chip.
The Zen Blue V2 is a pure DAC with built-in Bluetooth, making it a perfect companion to your desktop headphone amplifier.
High-fidelity Bluetooth sound
The Bluetooth section uses Qualcomm's new high-performance QCC5100 chip paired with proprietary iFi circuits to provide superior wireless sound. On top of that, the included high-gain Bluetooth antenna nets you some extra range. The Zen One Signature supports all major wireless high-res formats, including LDAC, HWA/LHDC, aptX Adaptive, aptX HD, and AAC.
Digital and analog connections
On the back panel, you'll find two S/PDIF inputs (optical and coaxial) and a USB type-B input for connecting digital sources. The digital inputs support up to 32-bit/192kHz PCM as well as MQA, so don't be afraid to hook up your computer, CD transport, or smartphone and stream away. There's also a pair of stereo RCA outputs and a 4.4mm balanced output for connecting the Zen One Signature to an integrated amp, preamp, headphone amp, or active speakers. Do not connect the 4.4mm output to headphones — the full signal could damage your headphones and/or hearing.
- desktop USB DAC with Bluetooth
- DAC only — no built-in headphone amplifier
- improves sound from your PC, laptop, digital music player, and iPhone® or Android™ phone
- compact design with sturdy metal chassis
- four rubber feet with no-slip grip
Digital-to-analog converter specs:
- Burr-Brown "True Native" digital-to-analog converter chip for high-quality sound
- supported audio files: PCM and DXD up to 32-bit/384kHz; DSD up to DSD256 ( up to 11.2 MHz); MQA384kHz
- offers full decoding for MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) audio files
- GMT (Global Master Timing) femto-precision clock and intelligent memory buffer to eliminate jitter
- 16-core XMOS processor programmed by iFi's development team for optimized sound and perfect cooperation with digital-to-analog converter chip
- Qualcomm 5100-series processing chip for advanced wireless streaming
- built-in Bluetooth 5.1
- supported codecs: aptX®, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive, aptX LL, LDAC, LHDC/HWA, AAC and SBC
- high-gain antenna included for extended Bluetooth signal range
- supports Bluetooth audio up to 96kHz resolution
Rear panel connections:
- USB Type-B input for connecting PC, smartphone, and other mobile devices
- USB cable included (Type-A to Type-B)
- optical digital (Toslink) audio input
- coaxial digital audio input/output
- balanced 4.4mm output for connecting a compatible powered speaker or amp
- Note: do NOT connect balanced headphones to this output - the full signal could damage your headphones and/or hearing.
- stereo unbalanced RCA output
- pair of stereo RCA cables included
- output voltage: 4V (balanced); 2V (unbalanced)
- fully balanced internal circuitry to avoid distortion and cross-talk between channels
- class 1 ceramic capacitors for stable audio signal path
- Texas Instruments low-noise ICs (microcontrollers) for high output and low distortion
- power supply uses ELNA Japan Silmic II capacitors for superior audio quality and characteristics
- frequency response: 5-80,000 Hz (± 3dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 105 dB
- total harmonic distortion: 0.002%
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield): 6-1/4"W x 1-3/8"H x 4-3/16"D
- weight: 1.1 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 0311011
What's in the box:
- D/A converter
- 19" USB cable (Type A USB 3.0 on one end and Type B USB 3.0 on other end)
- 19" Audio cable (stereo RCA plugs on each end)
- 3.5" Bluetooth antenna
- iPower2 AC adapter with attached 79" DC output cord (DC output: 5V 2.5A)
- US 2-pronged AC plug adapter
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty card
Zen One Signature reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Zen One Signature
Features & specs
|Built-in Rechargable Battery||No|
|Built-in Headphone Amplifier|
|Output Impedance (Unbalanced)||N/A|
|Output Impedance (Balanced)||N/A|
|Bit Depth (USB)||32|
|Max Sampling Rate (USB)||384 kHz|
|Bit Depth (S/PDIF)||32|
|Max Sampling Rate S/PDIF||192 kHz|
|S/N Ratio (Unbalanced, in dB)||105|
|S/N Ratio (Balanced, in dB)||105|
|Supported File Types|
|PCM||Up to 384kHz|
|DSD||Up to DSD256|
|DXD||Up to 384kHz|
|USB||Type B 3.0|
|Stereo RCA Analog||None|
|Stereo 3.5mm Analog||None|
|Stereo XLR Analog||None|
|Other Headphone Outs||---|
|Line Level & Digital Outs|
|RCA Line Out||1|
|3.5mm Line Out||None|
|XLR Line Out||None|
|Optical Digital Out||None|
|Coaxial Digital Out||1|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The ZEN One Signature is a stylish, compact desktop DAC (digital-to-analog converter) and Bluetooth adapter. It is housed in a charcoal gray aluminum enclosure with brushed aluminum front and rear panels. It has S/PDIF (coaxial and optical) and USB 3.0 Type B inputs, with balanced and unbalanced analog outputs. ZEN One Signature includes both USB (3.0) and RCA cables, and the super-quiet iPower 2 power supply.
Bluetooth 5.1: The ZEN One Signature borrows Bluetooth technology from the ZEN Blue v2 for wireless streaming of your favorite music. With Qualcomm's QCC5100 Bluetooth processing chip, ZEN One Signature supports the current high-definition Bluetooth formats, including Qualcomm's 24-bit/48kHz aptX HD and aptX Adaptive, Sony's LDAC (24-bit/96kHz), and HWA's LHDC (24-bit/96kHz). It also supports regular codecs aptX, aptX Low Latency, AAC (for Apple devices), and SBC as well. ZEN One Signature's Bluetooth processor can be updated over-the-air to keep the unit up to date when new codecs are released. The ZEN One Signature can store up to 8 paired Bluetooth devices. When the 9th device is paired, the oldest device in memory is deleted. A hinged high-gain Bluetooth antenna is included for maximum Bluetooth range.
Digital-to-Analog Conversion: ZEN One Signature is a pure Digital-to-Analog Converter that has no headphone amplifier or volume control. It converts your Hi-Res audio files in their original format, including PCM, DSD, and DXD. It can also fully decode MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) audio files. It uses a Burr-Brown "True Native" multi-bit chipset which sends PCM and DSD signals down separate pathways so each format remains "bit-perfect" all the way to its conversion to analog. The ZEN One Signature is compatible with the following audio formats:
- PCM: 384, 352.8, 192, 176.4, 96, 88.2, 48, 44.1 kHz
- DSD: 256, 128, 64 MHz
- DXD: 384, 352.8 kHz
- MQA (Decoder)
MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) Decoder: The ZEN One Signature, like all iFi MQA-compatible DACs, can fully unfold MQA master tracks. MQA delivers the sound of the original master recording, so you'll hear the music exactly the way the artist intended. Using the 16 Core 2000MIPS XMOS low latency microcontroller the unit performs full MQA decoding (up to 384 kHz). You can listen to MQA audio files and streams on Tidal Masters, Audirvana, and Roon.
Front Display: The ZEN One Signature's front display with the iFi logo is backlit by an LED that indicates the sampling frequency received from the source. The LED color scheme is as follows:
|LED Color||Wired Format||Wireless Format|
|Green||MQA||Qualcomm aptX Adaptive|
|Blue||MQA Studio||Qualcomm aptX|
|Magenta||Original Sample Rate||Qualcomm aptX HD|
Audio Format/Input LED: Beside the front display is a smaller LED that indicates the audio format and the sampling frequency being received from the music source:
|LED Color||Mode / Frequency|
|Yellow||PCM 44.1, 48kHz|
|White||PCM 88.2, 96, 176, 192, 352, 384 kHz|
|Cyan||DSD 64, DSD 128|
|Flashing Blue||Searching for registered Bluetooth device|
|Flashing Blue/Red||Searching for new Bluetooth device (Pairing Mode)|
Input Selector: On the front panel is a push-button Input Selector which cycles through the three inputs:
- Bluetooth: Receives wireless Bluetooth signals, up to 96kHz, from your digital audio player, smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- S/PDIF: Receives digital signals from a wide variety of digital sources, including TVs, CD/DVD/Blu-ray players, game consoles, and audio servers. Has optical (Toslink) and coaxial (RCA) inputs, and supports 32-bit/192kHz PCM and MQA.
- USB: Type B USB 3.0 port receives digital signals from your PC or Mac. Compatible with the "SuperSpeed" USB 3.0 standard, and backwards-compatible with USB 2.0. Supports 32-bit/384kHz PCM, fully native DSD, and full MQA decoding (to 384kHz).
Digital Output: The digital coaxial connector is both a digital input and a digital output. When the Input Selector is set to S/PDIF, the digital coaxial connection is an input. When it is set to Bluetooth or USB, the digital coax is an output.
Analog Outputs: The rear panel offers both balanced and unbalanced analog outputs. The balanced output has a 4.4mm Pentaconn jack, which can be used with 4.4mm-to-XLR or other balanced interconnects. This output can be used for an active speaker or amplifier. The unbalanced output is an RCA stereo pair.
Warning: The 4.4mm output should NOT be used for headphones, as the full volume output will likely damage your headphones or your hearing.
GMT Clock: To eliminate jitter and other digital distortion by more than 20dB, ZEN One Signature features a GMT (Global Master Timing) femto-precision clock and customized digital filter.
iPower2 AC Adapter: Bundled with the ZEN One Signature is the iFi-Audio iPower2 ultra-low noise power supply which has superior components and a thicker gauge of wire, compared to most AC adapters. iPower2 features Active Noise Cancellation II to cancel incoming EMI (electromagnetic interference) and RFI (radio frequency interference). Input: 100-240 VAC, 50/60Hz, 0.5A; Output: 5V DC, 2.5A
- Digital Inputs:
- USB 3.0 Type B (USB 2.0 compatible)
- S/PIDF [coaxial, optical (Toslink)]
- Bluetooth 5.1
- PCM: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 /192 / 352.8 / 384 kHz
- DSD: 2.8 / 3.1 / 5.6 / 6.1 / 11.3 / 12.3 MHz
- DXD: 352.8 / 384 kHz
- MQA Decoder
- Bluetooth: 96 kHz
- DAC: Bit-perfect DSD & DXD DAC by Burr Brown
- Bluetooth: Qualcomm QCC 5100 Series
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz - 80 kHz (± 3dB)
- Balanced (4.4mm Pentaconn): 4.0 Volts
- Unbalanced (RCA): 2.0 Volts
- Output Impedance:
- Balanced (4.4mm Pentaconn): </= 72Ω
- Unbalanced (RCA): </= 36Ω
- SNR: < -105dB (A) @ 0 dBFS (Bal/Unbal)
- THD+N: < 0.002% @ 0 dBFS (Bal/Unbal)
- Power Consumption:
- No Signal: ~0.7W
- Max Signal: ~1W
- Dimensions: Width 6.22", Height 1.371", Depth 4.178" (5.18" w/USB cable)
- Weight: 17.8 ounces
1 question already asked