About the Audiolab 6000A
A solid integrated amplifier for stereo listening
A solid integrated amplifier for stereo listening
Audiolab has been making audio components since the early 1980s, and the company's legacy of value and versatility can be seen in the 6000A integrated amp. It delivers a clean 50 watts per channel at 8 ohms, and it's 4-ohm stable, so it can drive a wide range of speakers. There's a high-current toroidal power transformer inside that offers super-clean sound, and a built-in premium ESS Sabre DAC that reveals important musical detail when you listen to digital sources.
This amp is a fine centerpiece for a two-channel music listening setup. There are two optical digital inputs and two coaxial digital inputs for connecting CD players, music streamers, or even a compatible TV. Analog music lovers have plenty of options, too. There are five stereo RCA inputs on the back panel, including a phono input for connecting a turntable with a moving magnet cartridge.
Built-in Bluetooth with high-quality aptX audio coding lets you stream from your phone, tablet, or computer. If you ever decide to expand your system with a separate amplifier, a preamp output is provided. And there's a built-in headphone jack for private listening.
- 50 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at <1% THD
- 75 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz)
- 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- ES9018 Sabre32 Reference 32-bit/192kHz digital-to-analog converter for high-performance playback of digital sources
- high-current toroidal power transformer for clean playback and smooth handling of demanding speaker loads
- CFB (Complementary Feedback) topology ensures superior linearity and excellent thermal stability
- frequency response 20-20,000 Hz (±0.3dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 110 dB
- built-in Bluetooth® with high-quality aptX audio coding (antenna included)
- large central OLED display
- remote control included
- detachable power cord
- 2 optical and 2 coaxial digital audio inputs
- 5 stereo RCA audio inputs (including a phono input for use with a moving magnet cartridge)
- stereo RCA preamp output
- built-in headphone amplifier with front-panel full-size (1/4-inch) jack
- one pair of binding posts for speakers
- 12-volt trigger in and out
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-9/16"W x 3-3/16"H x 13"D (including feet and terminals)
- weight: 17.19 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 6000ABK
What's in the box:
- Integrated amplifier
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Remote control
- Bluetooth antenna
- User Instructions
Audiolab 6000A reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audiolab 6000A
Features & specs
|Watts RMS per Channel (8-ohms)||50|
|Watts RMS per Channel (6-ohms)||Not given|
|Watts RMS per Channel (4-ohms)||75|
|Minimum Impedance||4 ohms|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||76|
|Digital Music Features|
|Built-in DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)||Yes|
|Total Analog Inputs||4|
|Optical Digital Inputs||2|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||2|
|USB Input||Firmware only|
|Preamp Outputs||Stereo RCA|
|Removable Power Cord||IEC 2-prong|
|Apple AirPlay 2||No|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Discrete Class AB Amplification: The Audiolab 6000A's discrete Class AB power amp stage delivers 50W x 2Ch into 8 ohms or 75W x 2Ch into 4 ohms, with a maximum current delivery of 9 Amps into difficult loads. The output stage of the discrete power amp circuits uses a CFB (Complementary Feedback) topology, ensuring superior linearity and excellent thermal stability, as the idle current is kept independent of the temperature of the output transistors. A substantial 200VA toroidal transformer, followed by 4x15000uF reservoir capacity (60000uF in total), helps the amp to maintain firm control of the music and enabling excellent dynamic range.
Simple Preamp Circuitry: Much effort has gone into the physical layout of the 6000A's circuitry, protecting the sensitive preamp section from noise interference. The preamp section is kept as simple as possible to maintain signal purity, with line input signals passing to a precision analog volume stage. The volume range is from -78dB to +8dB in steps of 2dB and 1dB (step resolution increases with volume position).
Operation Modes: Although the 6000A is an integrated amplifier, it can also function as a separate preamp or power amplifier.
- Integrated Mode: In Integrated Mode, the preamplifier section and power amplifier are connected and both active. The unit's preouts are still operational in this mode, so a second power amplifier can be connected for bi-amplification or a powered subwoofer can be added to your speaker system.
- Pre-Power Mode: In Pre-Power Mode, the preamplifier section is internally disconnected from the power amplifier. The 6000A can then be used as a stand alone power amplifier in an AV setup. This mode can also be used if additional signal processing is required; connecting the preouts to an external signal processor and then take the output from the processor to the 6000A's Power Amp Input.
- Pre Mode: In Pre Mode, all signals to and from the power amplifier of the 6000A are disconnected. In this mode the 6000A functions only as a stand-alone preamplifier, so it can be connected to a stereo power amplifier or two mono-block amplifiers.
High-Quality DAC w/ Filters: The Audiolab 6000A's digital circuitry delivers the level of quality one might expect of a high-performance standalone DAC. The 6000A utilizes an ES9018 Sabre32 Reference chip DAC to perform D/A conversion, utilizing ESS Technology's 32-bit HyperStream architecture and Time Domain Jitter Eliminator to deliver ultra-low noise and high dynamic range. The DAC in the 6000A has a choice of 3 digital filters.
- Fast: Standard flat response with fast frequency roll off above Fs/2 (half the sampling frequency).
- Slow: Starts rolling off at a lower frequency than the Fast filter, but has a more gentle rate of attenuation.
- Phase: Has a gentle attenuation slop similar to the Slow filter, but with minimum phase characteristics. It can be liked to an analog filter applied in the digital domain.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming w/ aptX: The Audiolab 6000A offers built-in Bluetooth with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP). You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop or computer to the 6000A integrated amplifier. In addition to supporting Bluetooth's standard SBC code, the 6000A integrated amp also supports Qualcomm aptX for "CD-quality" (44.1kHz/16-bit) sound from compatible source devices - such as Android smartphones and tablets, as well a Mac computers and laptops. You can pair multiple Bluetooth source devices with the integrated amplifier, but only one device can be connected and used at a time.
- There is an external Bluetooth antenna included in the box that must be connected on the back of the integrated amplifier to use Bluetooth.
- The unit offers no Bluetooth control; you'll continue to control music playback from your Bluetooth source device.
- The unit does not display Bluetooth information; you'll continue to use your Bluetooth source device for song/artist/album information.
Optical & Coaxial Digital Inputs: The Audiolab 6000A is outfitted with two optical (toslink) and two coaxial (RCA) digital inputs for connection of a CD player, Blu-ray, media streamer, and/or TV. The digital inputs supports 2ch PCM audio up to 24-bit/192kHz.
Note: The digital inputs do not support Dolby Digital, DTS, or other multichannel audio formats.
Analog Inputs: The Audiolab 6000A is equipped with a total of five analog stereo RCA inputs. There is a power amp input, three line-level inputs, and one phono (MM) input.
- Power Amp Input: The Power Amp input bypasses the 6000A's preamp section and allows you to use the 6000A as only a power amp.
- Line-Level Inputs: The three line-level RCA input allow you to connect up to three analog audio source devices - such as a CD player, tape deck, and/or network audio player.
- Phono (MM) Input: The phono (MM) input lets you directly connect a turntable with a moving magnet cartridge without an external phono preamp.
Binding Post Speaker Terminals: The Audiolab 6000A is outfitted with a set of binding post terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual). You can connect a pair of 8 ohm or 4 ohm loudspeakers.
Stereo RCA Preouts: The stereo RCA preouts can be used to connect an external power amplifier, powered subwoofer, or signal processor. The stereo RCA preouts are full-range.
Dedicated Headphone Amp: The Audiolab 6000A features a dedicated headphone amp and is outfitted with a front-panel 1/4" headphone jack on the front-panel. When a set of headphones is connected the audio from the integrated amplifier's loudspeaker terminals is turned off. The dedicated headphone amp can support headphones with an impedance of 20 to 600 ohm.
OLED Screen: The front-panel OLED screen indicates source, volume, and menu information. The OLED screen does not support song/artist/album information.
IR Remote: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the A6000A integrated amplifier, as well as other Audiolab components - such as CD transports and network audio streamers (sold separately).
Note: No batteries are included for the remote. The remote takes two "AAA" batteries.
USB Update: The rear-panel USB port can only be used for service and firmware update purposes.
Note: The USB port does not support any type of media playback or charging.
12V Trigger In/Out: The 6000A features a 12V trigger output and 12V trigger input. Each input consists of a 3.5mm minijack. The 12V trigger output can be used to control and synchronize the Power On/Off of another component with a 12V trigger input with the Audiolabs 6000A. The 12V trigger input can be used to control and synchronize the Power On/Off of the 6000A integrated amplifier with another component that features a 12V trigger output.
Auto Standby: The 6000A integrated amplifier will automatically enter standby mode after 20 minutes or 1 hour of no audio signal and control inactivity.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Audiolab 6000A comes with a detachable 6.5' IEC 2-prong AC power cord.
8 questions already asked