About the Audiolab 6000N Play
Add music streaming to your sound system
Add music streaming to your sound system
The Audiolab 6000N Play lets you add music streaming and multi-room expandability to your existing stereo or home theater system. Connect the player to your home network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, and then you can play your collection of high-res music files, access internet streaming services, pair your phone via Bluetooth, and more. It uses DTS Play-Fi for access to a huge selection of music, all controlled with your phone, tablet, or PC. There's a high-performance ESS Sabre digital-to-analog converter inside to ensure detailed playback.
Compatible with major streaming services
Play-Fi's streaming app is compatible with popular music subscription services like Spotify Premium, TIDAL, HDtracks, Deezer, Qobuz, Amazon Music and Napster. If you favor internet radio, there's also support for TuneIn, iHeartRadio and SiriusXM. Spotify fans can use Spotify Connect (subscription required) to stream self-curated playlists.
Multi-room wireless audio support
Because this player uses DTS Play-Fi, that means you can wirelessly play music throughout your entire home using compatible speakers and components from a range of manufacturers. The free Play-Fi app offers plenty of control — play the same song on all connected speakers, or play different songs in each room. Use the included USB cable to connect to the Audiolab 6000A integrated amplifier, and the app will also control volume on the amp.
- ES9018 Sabre32 32-bit/192kHz digital-to-analog converter for high-performance playback of digital sources
- connects to your home network via wired Ethernet or Wi-Fi for music streaming:
- stream from compatible services like Spotify Premium, TIDAL, HDtracks, Deezer, Qobuz, Amazon Music and Napster (subscriptions may be required)
- internet radio available via TuneIn, iHeartRadio and SiriusXM
- maximum streaming resolution: 24-bit/192kHz
- six programmable presets for quick access to favorite stations or playlists
- DTS Play-Fi® app lets you wirelessly play music and create a multi-room music system with other Play-Fi speakers and components
- available for Apple iOS®, Android™, Kindle, and Windows® PC
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz (±0.5dB)
- analog stereo RCA output
- optical digital output
- coaxial digital output
- RJ-45 Ethernet port for making a wired connection to your network
- Type B USB control port for connecting to Audiolab 6000A integrated amplifier (cable included)
- allows DTS Play-Fi app to control amp volume
- Type A USB port for service updates only
- 12-volt trigger in and out
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-9/16"W x 3-3/16"H x 13"D
- weight: 10.8 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 6000NS
What's in the box:
- Network audio player
- 6.5' AC power cord
- 2 WiFi antennas
- 58" USB-B to USB-A cable
- User Instructions
Audiolab 6000N Play reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audiolab 6000N Play
Network Audio Player: The Audiolab 6000N Play is a wireless audio streaming player and is the latest member of the acclaimed audiolab 6000 Series of components. Featuring DTS Play-Fi Technology, music can be streamed over your wireless network in high-resolution format and can be easily expanded to a multiroom system if required. You can stream from almost any source on your wireless network; including smartphones, tablets or computers as well as a NAS Drive.
ESS Sabre32 DAC: The 6000N Play incorporates a high-quality DAC (Digital-to-Analog Converter), utilizing the same ES9018 Sabre32 Reference chip found in the highly acclaimed Audiolab 6000A integrated amplifier. ESS Technology's 32-bit HyperStream architecture and Time Domain Jitter Eliminator, coupled to Audiolab’s own circuitry, delivers ultra-low noise and high dynamic range. The circuit design also draws inspiration from audio-lab's 6000CDT CD transport, incorporating the same isolated power supply with a high-efficiency toroidal transformer for optimum signal purity. The inclusion of a DAC stage ensures the 6000N Play can be used with practically any audio system; simply connect the RCA analog output to an integrated amplifier or a pair of active speakers.
- Supported Music Files: The Audiolab 6000N Play supports music file formats such as MP3, AAC, FLAC, and WAV. The system will recognize music files up to 24-bit/192kHz and wirelessly stream these files at up to 24-bit/192kHz to a single speaker (Critical Listening Mode) or up to 16-bit/48kHz to multiple speakers (CD Quality). Some down-sampling may occur to ensure virtually lossless distribution throughout a home network.
- Critical Listening Mode: For those who wish to hear high resolution audio as originally intended, Critical Listening mode will enable native rendering of high resolution files up to 24-bit/192kHz, with no down-sampling or network synchronization adjustment. In this way, audio files retain their original audio integrity. Critical Listening Mode is only available on one DTS Play-Fi product and does not supported for multiroom audio distribution.
Wired or Wireless Network: The Audiolab 6000N Play offers an Ethernet (RJ45) port and built-in, dual-band (2.4GHz + 5GHz) WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) to connect to your home's network for access to internet radio, select online music services, and the music libraries on your Apple iOS or Android device and Windows PC or DLNA/UPnP music server via DTS Play-Fi wireless technology. When using WiFi, a dual-band "N" or better router is recommended for the most reliable wireless network connection. There are two methods for connecting the DTS Play-Fi speaker system to your wireless home network.
- You can perform WiFi setup via the Play-Fi app on your compatible mobile device or Windows PC (this setup allows you to connect multiple Play-Fi device at once to your network).
- You can also use the WPS button on back of speaker if your wireless router supports WPS (this setup only allows you to connect one Play-Fi device at a time to your network).
Note: The two included WiFi antennas must be connected to the rear-panel of the 6000N Play in order to connect to your wireless network router via WiFi.
DTS Play-Fi Wireless Technology: The Audiolab 6000N Play employs DTS Play-Fi wireless technology for wireless sound that is reliable and high-quality. DTS Play-Fi combines DTS audio and WiFi wireless technology to wirelessly stream high-definition "lossless" audio with no impact on sound quality. DTS Play-Fi will stream pure, bit-for-bit, lossless audio, for uncompromised quality sound - up to 24-bit/192kHz. DTS Play-Fi has a range of up to 100' from your wireless router.
- DTS Play-Fi offers an unparalleled selection of audio products for your home, from compact battery-powered speakers to powerful soundbars, built by the most respected audio brands in the business. No more compromising your style or taste to get a high-quality wireless audio solution.
- Every single DTS Play-Fi product works perfectly with all the rest, regardless of brand, so you get a huge range of options to customize your home, and one simple, elegant listening experience
Play-Fi App: The Play-Fi app (for Apple iOS 9.0+, Android OS 5.0+, or Windows PC 7-up) is required to enjoy DTS Play-Fi wireless audio. From the app you can initially set up the Audiolab 6000N Play network audio player, as well as add, link, and control multiple DTS Play-Fi speakers and players. You'll be able stream music directly from select music online services and internet radio stations, or music on your mobile device or computer to a single DTS Play-Fi product, group of DTS Play-Fi products, or all your DTS Play-Fi products through out your home. The app lets you browse your music by artist, album, genre, or title; and provides album art. You can choose to play the same music in each zone or a different song in each room.
Alexa Compatible: In addition to the Play-Fi app, the Audiolab 6000N Play supports voice control of select DTS Play-Fi music apps (such as Amazon, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, & Spotify Connect) from an Amazon Alexa device (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) that is connected to the same WiFi network. Voice control functions include initiating playback of an Artist, Album, Song, Station or Podcast from a compatible music app on a specific speaker/player or zone/room; as well a playback controls such as Volume Up/Down, Play/Pause/Resume, Previous/Next Track, Random/Repeat and Like/Unlike.
Multiroom Audio: You can play the same source in each zone or a different song in each room. Eight separate wireless source devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.), each with its own source, are supported simultaneously and any wireless source device can stream to eight DTS Play-Fi playback devices. Due to the bandwidth limitations of most wireless networks, no more than 16 wireless DTS Play-Fi products on a single WiFi network at one given time is recommended. Supported multiroom audio sources include -
- Built-in DTS Play-Fi online music services and internet radio.
- Music libraries stored on your Apple iOS & Android devices with the Play-Fi App installed.
- Music libraries from your Windows PC, Mac computer, Music Server, or NAS Drive via DLNA or UPnP
Online Music Services: DTS Play-Fi and the Play-Fi app allows you to access a variety of online music apps and internet radio stations. Registration, subscriptions, and fees will apply.
- Amazon Music: Amazon Prime members can use Amazon's popular music service for free. A growing selection of over 2 million songs is always ad-free and on-demand, with curated playlists, personalized stations and unlimited skips. Upgrade to Prime Music Unlimited, and enjoy 10 million songs, weekly new releases, and more. Amazon Music HD is a new tier of premium quality music with more than 50 million songs in High Definition (HD) and millions of songs in Ultra High Definition (Ultra HD), the highest quality streaming audio available.
- Tidal: High Fidelity Music Streaming is Tidal’s hallmark. Every track on the service streams in premium audio format, with most in lossless CD quality or above. The service also boasts many exclusive new releases, artist-curated stations and in-depth features designed to complement the music offerings. Available to DTS Play-Fi users in the US and more than 50 other countries.
- Pandora: Listen free to music you’ll love, as Pandora's streaming service evolves with your tastes. Give songs a thumbs up or down, and your stations become more personal the more you listen. Enjoy the service at no charge with ads, upgrade to Pandora Plus for commercial-free streaming, or try Pandora Premium to add on-demand features and premium sound quality to your experience.
- SiriusXM: With over 150 channels of commercial-free music plus sports, talk, comedy, entertainment, news and more, it’s no wonder that Sirius XM is one of the most widely used premium streaming services in North America.
- Qobuz: Qobuz boasts 70,000 albums available for streaming at 24-bit/192kHz, with many more streaming at 16-bit/44kHz CD quality. The service also features in-depth artist profiles and editorial content.
- Deezer: With 43 million tracks, 100 million playlists, and a presence in 182 countries, Deezer literally covers the globe for its subscribers. Subscriptions start at $9.99/month, and include ad-free playback, premium audio quality, and more.
- iHeartRadio: iHeartRadio combines access to over 1,500 of the most popular live terrestrial and internet radio stations with unique live events and compelling custom features, like artist radio, personalized radio, and on-demand podcasts for free. Their new Plus and All-Access subscriptions allow you to pause, rewind, skip and save live radio content, stream on-demand music, and more.
- Napster: Napster is a premium, ad-free on-demand music service. With 30 million tracks, instant playlist creation, and anytime, anywhere access, Napster is justifiably popular on multiple continents with millions of subscribers.
- TuneIn: TuneIn is an Internet Radio service that gives you access to thousands of radio stations and podcasts around the globe.
Spotify Connect: The integration of Spotify Connect will enable Spotify users (premium or free) to instantly select and wirelessly stream music to the Audiolab 6000N Play from within the Spotify app (Apple iOS or Android). Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 50 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
Mobile Device Music Libraries: DTS Play-Fi provides you with the ability to stream your music wirelessly in high-quality lossless audio from your Apple iOS & Android device running the Play-Fi app. Up to eight separate wireless mobile devices running the Play-Fi app, each with its own source, are supported simultaneously and any wireless source device can stream to eight DTS Play-Fi playback devices. The music files must be physically stored on the Apple iOS or Android OS device (not in the cloud).
DLNA/UPnP Compliant: The DTS Play-Fi system automatically discovers and indexes music from DLNA and UPnP servers on your network. DLNA and UPnP music servers can consist of a Windows PC, Mac computer, or NAS Drive. You can select and stream files in multiple formats (MP3, AAC, FLAC, and WAV) via DTS Play-Fi, including premium tracks encoded at CD quality or even 24-bit/192kHz. lossless content.
6 Presets: There are six buttons on the front-panel of the Audiolab 6000N Play network audio player that allows you to store and easily access up to six of your favorite online music services and internet radio stations. This allows you to select your favorite online music service or internet radio station from the front-panel of the unit without having to access it through the DTS Play-Fi app. You can also access these same six preset from the Play-Fi app.
Analog & Digital Outputs: The Audiolab 6000N Play is outfitted with both analog & digital outputs to connect to an AV receiver, integrated amplifier, preamplifier, or powered speaker. There is one stereo RCA analog audio output, one optical (toslink) digital output, and one coaxial (RCA) digital output. The digital outputs support 2ch PCM audio up to 24-bit/192kHz.
Note: The digital outputs do not support Dolby Digital, DTS, or other multichannel surround formats.
USB Control Interface: If you are using the 6000N Play with the Audiolab 6000A integrated amplifier, you can connect this USB Control Interface port to the 6000A "Update" Interface port with the included USB B data cable. You can then use the Play-Fi app on your Apple iOS or Android device to control the listening volume.
Note: The USB Control Interface cannot be used to link to a computer or output digital music files.
USB Firmware Update: The rear-panel USB (Type-A) port is only to be used for upgrading the internal firmware. It cannot be used for USB media sources.
12V Triggers: Two 12V triggers (3.5mm) are provided to allow the 6000N to be switched off and on remotely. Connect your component's 12V trigger output to the 6000N Play's 12V trigger input. The network audio player's 12V trigger output (labeled "Link") can be used to daisy-chain to another component with a 12V trigger input.
Auto Standby: The 6000N Play network audio player will automatically enter standby mode after 20 minutes or 1 hour of no audio signal and control inactivity.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Audiolab 6000N Play network audio player comes with a detachable 6.5' IEC 2-prong AC power cord.
1 question already asked