About the Audiolab 6000CDT
A CD-reading specialist
A CD-reading specialist
The Audiolab 6000CDT is designed to work with the company's 6000A — an integrated amplifier that already has a premium DAC built-in. As a result, this transport-only player uses all of its hardware and circuits to accurately retrieve data from your favorite discs. Sending pure digital signals to a separate DAC keeps noise and interference to a minimum, for the best possible sound.
The player features a read-ahead digital buffer that reduces disc-reading failures, and may even allow you to play slightly damaged CDs. It uses a sophisticated master clock that reduces jitter that can mar playback.
- rugged, reliable slot-loading mechanism
- read-ahead digital buffer reduces disc-reading failures
- master clock controlled by a temperature-compensated crystal oscillator for minimal jitter
- electromagnetically shielded chassis
- remote control included
- 1 coaxial digital audio output
- 1 optical (Toslink) digital audio output
- dual 12-volt trigger outputs
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-15/16"W x 3-3/16"H x 12-1/8"D
- weight: 11.9 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 6000CDTS
What's in the box:
- CD transport
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Remote control
- User Instructions
Audiolab 6000CDT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audiolab 6000CDT
Features & specs
|CD Transport Only||Yes|
|Direct Track Access||Yes|
|Direct Disc Access||N/A|
|Network Music Streaming||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Stereo SACD Playback||N|
|CD Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||---|
|SACD Frequency Response||Not Compatible|
|SACD Dynamic Range||Not Given|
|SACD THD||Not Given|
|Analog RCA Output||No|
|Analog XLR Output||No|
|Digital Optical Output||Yes|
|Digital Coaxial Output||Yes|
CD Transport: The 6000CDT is a dedicated CD transport incorporating the same slot-loading mechanism as audiolab’s flagship CD player, the 8300CD. Extremely robust and reliable, it uses a read-ahead digital buffer to reduce disc-reading failures, able to play scratched and damaged CDs that are unreadable by conventional mechanisms. By mounting the transport in its own, electromagnetically shielded enclosure, and including a dedicated power supply, the digital signal extraction from any CD is accurate and precise as it is possible to achieve.
Note: The Audiolab 6000CDT is a CD transport; not a CD player. It is not equipped with its on built-in DAC.
Slot Loading Mechanism: Using Audiolab's slot loading mechanism, the transport uses read-ahead digital bu?ering to reduce disc reading failures and deliver the highest level of digital signal extraction from a wide range of CDs, even capable of reading scratched and damaged CDs that are unreadable by conventional mechanisms.
Note: The Audiolab 6000CDT only supports playback of CD Audio discs (44.1kHz). Not compatible with SACD, DVD Audio, CD Text, or CD-R/RW discs.
Master Clock: The Audiolab 6000CDT's master clock is controlled by a temperature-compensated crystal oscillator, enabling the digital output from both coaxial and optical sockets to exhibit vanishingly low levels of jitter (digital distortion).
Optical & Coaxial Digital Outputs: The 6000CDT's onboard digital decoder utilizes digital coax and optical outputs to deliver the maximum versatility. There is one coaxial (RCA) digital output and one optical (toslink) digital output that can be used to connect an external DAC, preamplifier, or integrated amplifier.
Note: The 6000CDT does not offer any analog audio outputs.
OLED Screen: The front-panel OLED screen indicates track number and remaining track time. It does not offer song/artist/album information.
Controls: The Audiolab 6000CDT features front-panel, push-button controls and comes with an IR wireless remote control.
- IR Remote: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the Audiolab 6000CDT, as well as control of an Audiolab integrated amplifier (such as the 6000A). Remote control functions for the CD transport include Power On/Off, Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, Repeat Disc, Program (99), plus direct track access (0-9).
- Front-Panel: The front-panel includes the following control functions - Power On/Off, Eject, Play/Pause, Stop, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat Disc.
- There is no eject button on remote; the eject button is only on the front-panel of the CD transport.
- The Random button on the remote is not functional.
12V Trigger Outputs: The Audiolab 6000CDT has a pair of 12V trigger outputs (3.5mm) on the rear-panel that can activate 6000A's or any other source's trigger input. This will enable your connected components to be brought in and out of standby using the trigger connections.
Auto Standby: The 6000CDT CD transport will automatically enter standby mode after 20 minutes or 1 hour of no playback signal and control inactivity.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Audiolab 6000CDT comes with a detachable 6.5' IEC 2-prong AC power cord.
6 questions already asked