About the Crux BEECR-35C Bluetooth® Interface
Factory radio, aftermarket features
Factory radio, aftermarket features
Crux's BEECR-35C Bluetooth interface expands the functionality of your factory system without replacing the radio. Connect this interface to your existing radio, and you'll enjoy the convenience of hands-free calling using your Bluetooth-equipped phone. You'll use your existing steering wheel controls to control your calls and, since you're not fumbling with your phone, you can safely keep both hands on the wheel.
Install the included external microphone in a good spot for the best reception, such as near your visor or on top of the steering wheel column. You can also adjust the microphone volume so your callers can hear you clearly. The Crux interface allows you to pair up to eight Bluetooth-equipped phones simultaneously, so other drivers and passengers can use their phones as well.
Tunes served up wirelessly
In between calls, you'll need something to occupy your drive time. The Crux BEECR-35C interface also lets you listen to your favorite music wirelessly from your compatible phone via Bluetooth. And if any calls come in, your music will be be muted so you can hear your caller on your factory speakers. Turn it on, turn it up, and enjoy.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this interface is compatible with your vehicle.
Important Note: This interface streams music and sends phone calls through your vehicle's front speakers only. You'll control your calls with your vehicle's steering wheel controls, as there are no phone controls on the radio. You'll have to access the rear of your radio to install this Bluetooth adapter. You can check out a step-by-step description of the process in the adapter's manual.
- add Bluetooth to your Dodge or Chrysler's factory radio
- add music streaming and hands-free calling
- add voice activation with compatible device
- includes microphone
- active echo and noise cancellation technology
- compatible with Apple and Android Bluetooth devices
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- control calls with your vehicle's steering wheel controls (won't work on vehicles without SW controls)
- MFR # BEECR-35C
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth interface module (for Chrysler/Dodge)
- Power/ground harness
- Microphone (attached 10' cable terminated by a 3-pin connector)
- Visor clip
- Self-adhesive bracket
- Important Bluetooth Note
More details on the Crux BEECR-35C Bluetooth® Interface
Bluetooth Connectivity Kit (for Chrysler/Dodge): The CRUX Beeline series BEECR-35C Bluetooth (v.2.1) Connectivity Kit is tailored to integrate your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone with the factory audio system in select Chrysler & Dodge vehicles with factory steering wheel controls. It supports Bluetooth hands-free communication and wireless music streaming between your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone and the Chrysler & Dodge vehicle's factory system. This Bluetooth in-car kit consists of a hide-away Bluetooth module, external microphone, and T-harness.
Vehicle Compatibility: The CRUX BEECR-35C is supported by the following Chrysler & Dodge vehicles with factory steering wheel controls (as of 7/1/2015).
Multi-Device Pairing: The CRUX BEECR-35C pairs with the vast majority of Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones (including iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows, etc.). You can pair up to 8 mobile devices with the BEECR-35C, however only one device can be used at a time. Once paired, the BEECR-35C will automatically connect with your mobile device when in range (up to 30').
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with The CRUX BEECR-35C.
Hands-Free Phone Communication w/ External Mic + Voice Dial: The CRUX BEECR-35C supports Bluetooth profile HFP for wireless hands-free phone communication. With the BEECR-35C installed in your vehicle, you are able to answer and end call using the vehicle's factory steering wheel controls. The factory radio automatically mutes any audio source as soon as a call is received and announces the caller's name and number through the front speakers; your previous audio source resumes when the call is ended. You can activate the voice dial function of your phone through your vehicle's steering wheel control in order to make a call (otherwise you will need to use your mobile phone to make a call). The included external microphone carries on your side of the conversation, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's front speakers. DSP and Echo-Cancellation allows for clear conversations on both sides of the phone call. Other features that can be accessed from your vehicle's steering wheel controls are Privacy Mode & Call Waiting.
- There are no hands-free phone control functions on the factory radio. Phone calls need to be answered/ended from the factory steering wheel controls, phone calls can be made via voice control, and volume is handled by the factory steering wheel control.
- If an incoming call is answered from the mobile phone's keypad, the call will direct itself to the headset on the mobile phone. To re-direct the phone call to the Beeline interface and factory audio system, it must be done directly from the mobile phone.
- When transferring a phone call to the mobile phone for privacy, the user must re-connect the Beeline Bluetooth interface and the mobile phone by selecting the module from the device menu on the phone.
- The Bluetooth interface will disconnect from the mobile phone as soon as the key hits the off position. Then the call will be transferred to the mobile phone.
Wireless Music Streaming: The CRUX BEECR-35C supports Bluetooth profile A2DP for wireless music streaming. This means you can wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone to the Beeline interface and your factory stereo. Audio is only heard through your vehicle's front speakers. The factory radio offers no music control or song/artist display. All music browsing and song/artist information is still done from your mobile phone.
- The steering wheel controls will only adjust the gain of the Beeline Bluetooth interface. The volume knob on the factory radio will remain the master volume control after you set the interface's gain to match the volume output level of the other sources.
- When using an iPhone, you may encounter pauses (up to 8 seconds) while using music applications.
Siri Voice Commands: The CRUX BEECR-35C supports Siri voice commands for iPhone 4S & 5 (running iOS 6.1.3 or earlier). Siri can be activated from your vehicle's factory radio or steering wheel controls. You can then communicate with Siri through the Beeline Bluetooth interface's external microphone and your vehicle's front speakers.
Note: Siri voice commands many not respond properly with newer iPhone devices running iOS 7 and up. Standard voice command functions may have to be used instead.
Installation & Mounting Options: The CRUX BEECR-35C installs behind your vehicle's factory radio. The cable of the factory radio gets unplugged and the included T-harness takes it place on back of the radio. Then the factory cable plugs into the T-harness and the T-harness into the interface module. There is also a power/ground harness which plugs into the interface module and the external mic's attached cable. The external mic comes with a sun-visor clip and a self-adhesive bracket for mounting purposes.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?