About the Crux BEEBF-24 Bluetooth® Interface
Factory radio, aftermarket features
Factory radio, aftermarket features
Crux's BEEBF-24 Bluetooth interface expands the functionality of your factory system without replacing the radio. Connect this interface to your existing radio, and you'll enjoy the convenience of hands-free calling using your Bluetooth-equipped phone. You'll use your existing steering wheel controls to control your calls and, since you're not fumbling with your phone, you can safely keep both hands on the wheel.
Install the included external microphone in a good spot for the best reception, such as near your visor or on top of the steering wheel column. You can also adjust the microphone volume so your callers can hear you clearly. The Crux interface allows you to pair up to eight Bluetooth-equipped phones simultaneously, so other drivers and passengers can use their phones as well.
Tunes served up wirelessly
In between calls, you'll need something to occupy your drive time. The Crux BEEBF-24 interface also lets you listen to your favorite music wirelessly from your compatible phone via Bluetooth. And if any calls come in, your music will be be muted so you can hear your caller on your factory speakers. Turn it on, turn it up, and enjoy.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this interface is compatible with your vehicle.
Important note: This interface routes phone calls and streaming music through your vehicle's front speakers only. You'll control your calls with your vehicle's steering wheel controls, as there are no phone controls on the radio. You'll have to access the rear of your radio to install this Bluetooth adapter. You can check out a step-by-step description of the process in the adapter's manual.
- add Bluetooth to your Ford vehicle's factory radio
- add music streaming and hands-free calling
- add voice activation with compatible device
- includes microphone
- active echo and noise cancellation technology
- compatible with Apple® and Android™ Bluetooth devices
- control calls with your vehicle's steering wheel controls (won't work on vehicles without SW controls)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BEEBF-24
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth interface module (for Ford/Lincoln/Mercury)
- Microphone (attached 10' cable terminated by a 3-pin connector)
- Visor clip
- Self-adhesive bracket
- Important Bluetooth Note
Crux BEEBF-24 Bluetooth® Interface reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Crux BEEBF-24 Bluetooth® Interface
Bluetooth Connectivity Kit (for Ford/Lincoln/Mercury): The CRUX Beeline series BEEBF-24 Bluetooth (v.2.1) Connectivity Kit is tailored to integrate your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone with the factory audio system in select Ford, Lincoln, & Mercury vehicles. It supports Bluetooth hands-free communication and wireless music streaming between your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone and the Ford, Lincoln, & Mercury vehicle's factory system. This Bluetooth in-car kit consists of a hide-away Bluetooth module, external microphone, and T-harness.
Vehicle Compatibility: The CRUX BEEBF-24 is supported by the following Ford, Lincoln, & Mercury vehicles (as of 7/1/2015). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible and what additional installation accessories will be needed.
- Not compatible with 2004-2006 vehicles that have factory Nav Screen and THX system.
- Certain factory radios in the Lincoln Mart LT may require a wired remote accessory for Bluetooth function (sold separately).
- For 2012 F-150/250/350/450/550 trucks, all Bluetooth functions are through the phone icon on the factory radio only.
Multi-Device Pairing: The CRUX BEEBF-24 pairs with the vast majority of Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones (including iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows, etc.). You can pair up to 8 mobile devices with the BEEBF-24, however only one device can be used at a time. Once paired, the BEEBF-24 will automatically connect with your mobile device when in range (up to 30').
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with The CRUX BEEBF-24.
Hands-Free Phone Communication w/ External Mic + Voice Dial: The CRUX BEEBF-24 supports Bluetooth profile HFP for wireless hands-free phone communication. With the BEEBF-24 installed in your vehicle, you are able to answer and end calls from the factory radio or using the vehicle's factory steering wheel controls. The factory radio automatically mutes any audio source as soon as a call is received and announces the caller's name and number through the front speakers; your previous audio source resumes when the call is ended. You can activate the voice dial function of your phone from your vehicle's factory radio or steering wheel controls in order to make a call (otherwise you will need to use your mobile phone to make a call). The included external microphone carries on your side of the conversation, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's front speakers. DSP and Echo-Cancellation allows for clear conversations on both sides of the phone call. Other features that can be accessed from your vehicle's factory radio or steering wheel controls are Privacy Mode & Call Waiting.
- If your vehicle is equipped with steering wheel controls that contain a "MEM" button, the controls on your radio will not function while using the Bluetooth interface. All functions will be made from the steering wheel controls only.
- If an incoming call is answered from the mobile phone's keypad, the call will direct itself to the headset on the mobile phone. To re-direct the phone call to the BEEBF-24, it must be done directly from the mobile phone.
- When transferring a phone call to the mobile phone for privacy, the user must re-connect the BEEBF-24 and the mobile phone by selecting the module from the device menu on the phone.
- The volume may vary at times. In order to correct the volume level, you must reset the volume knob to 0
Wireless Music Streaming w/ Control: The CRUX BEEBF-24 supports Bluetooth profile A2DP for wireless music streaming. This means you can wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone to the Beeline interface and your factory stereo. Audio is only heard through your vehicle's front speakers. The factory radio offers no music control or song/artist display. All music browsing and song/artist information is still done from your mobile phone. You can control volume level from either the vehicle's factory radio or steering wheel controls.
- The volume may vary at times. In order to correct the volume level, you must reset the volume knob to 0.
- When using an iPhone, you may encounter pauses (up to 8 seconds) while using music applications.
Siri Voice Commands: The CRUX BEEBF-24 supports Siri voice commands for iPhone 4S & 5 (running iOS 6.1.3 or earlier). Siri can be activated from your vehicle's factory radio or steering wheel controls. You can then communicate with Siri through the Beeline Bluetooth interface's external microphone and your vehicle's front speakers.
Note: Siri voice commands may not respond properly with newer iPhone devices running iOS 7 and up. Standard voice command functions may have to be used instead.
Installation & Mounting Options: The CRUX BEEBF-24 installs behind your vehicle's factory radio. The cable of the factory radio gets unplugged and the included T-harness takes it place on back of the radio. Then the factory cable plugs into the T-harness and the T-harness into the interface module. The external mic's attached cable also plugs into the T-harness. The external mic comes with a sun-visor clip and a self-adhesive bracket for mounting purposes.