About the Crux BEEBG-33 Bluetooth® Interface
Factory radio, aftermarket features
Factory radio, aftermarket features
Crux's BEEBG-33 Bluetooth interface expands the functionality of your factory system without replacing the radio. Connect this interface to your existing radio, and you'll enjoy the convenience of hands-free calling using your Bluetooth-equipped phone. You'll use your existing steering wheel controls to control your calls. And since you're not fumbling with your phone, you can safely keep both hands on the wheel.
Install the included external microphone in a good spot for the best reception, such as near your visor or on top of the steering wheel column. You can also adjust the microphone volume so your callers can hear you clearly. The Crux interface allows you to pair up to eight Bluetooth-equipped phones simultaneously, so other drivers and passengers can use their phones as well.
Tunes served up wirelessly
In between calls, you'll need something to occupy your drive time. The Crux BEEBG-33 interface also lets you listen to your favorite music wirelessly from your compatible phone via Bluetooth. And if any calls come in, your music will be be muted so you can hear your caller on your factory speakers. Turn it on, turn it up, and enjoy.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this interface is compatible with your vehicle.
Important note: This interface routes phone calls and streaming music through your vehicle's front speakers only. You'll have to access the rear of your radio to install this Bluetooth adapter. You can check out a step-by-step description of the process in the adapter's manual.
- add Bluetooth to your GM vehicle's factory radio
- add music streaming and hands-free calling
- add voice activation with compatible device
- includes microphone
- retains OnStar
- active echo and noise cancellation technology
- compatible with Apple and Android Bluetooth devices
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BEEBG-33
What's in the box:
Crux BEEBG-33 Bluetooth® Interface owner's manual
- Bluetooth interface module (for GM LAN 29-bit)
- Power/ground harness
- Microphone (attached 10' cable terminated by a 3-pin connector)
- Visor clip
- Self-adhesive bracket
- Important Bluetooth Note
Crux BEEBG-33 Bluetooth® Interface reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Crux BEEBG-33 Bluetooth® Interface
Bluetooth Connectivity Kit (for GM LAN 29-BIT): The CRUX Beeline series BEEBG-33 Bluetooth (v.2.1) Connectivity Kit is tailored to integrate your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone with the factory audio system in select GM LAN 29-bit vehicles with factory steering wheel controls. It supports Bluetooth hands-free communication and wireless music streaming between your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone and the GM vehicle's factory system. This Bluetooth in-car kit consists of a hide-away Bluetooth module, external microphone, and T-harness.
Vehicle Compatibility: The CRUX BEEBG-33 is supported by the following GM LAN 29-bit vehicles with factory steering wheel controls (as of 7/1/2015). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible and what additional installation accessories will be needed.
Note: Not compatible with 2012-up Chevy Avalanche/Silverado/Suburban/Tahoe and GMC Sierra/Yukon vehicles that are equipped with factory-installed navigation radios.
Multi-Device Pairing: The CRUX BEEBG-33 pairs with the vast majority of Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones (including iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows, etc.). You can pair up to 8 mobile devices with the BEEBG-33, however only one device can be used at a time. Once paired, the BEEBG-33 will automatically connect with your mobile device when in range (up to 30').
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with The CRUX BEEBG-33.
Hands-Free Phone Communication w/ External Mic + Voice Dial: The CRUX BEEBG-33 supports Bluetooth profile HFP for wireless hands-free phone communication. With the BEEBG-33 installed in your vehicle, you are able to answer and end call using the vehicle's factory steering wheel controls. The factory radio automatically mutes any audio source as soon as a call is received and announces the caller's name and number through the front speakers; your previous audio source resumes when the call is ended. You can activate the voice dial function of your phone through your vehicle's steering wheel control in order to make a call (otherwise you will need to use your mobile phone to make a call). The included external microphone carries on your side of the conversation, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's front speakers. DSP and Echo-Cancellation allows for clear conversations on both sides of the phone call. Other features that can be accessed from your vehicle's steering wheel controls are Privacy Mode & Call Waiting.
- There are no hands-free phone control functions on the factory radio. Phone calls need to be answered/ended from the factory steering wheel controls, phone calls can be made via voice control, and volume is handled by the factory steering wheel control.
- If an incoming call is answered from the mobile phone's keypad, the call will direct itself to the headset on the mobile phone. To re-direct the phone call to the Beeline interface and factory audio system, it must be done directly from the mobile phone.
- When transferring a phone call to the mobile phone for privacy, the user must re-connect the Beeline Bluetooth interface and the mobile phone by selecting the module from the device menu on the phone.
- The Bluetooth interface will disconnect from the mobile phone as soon as the key hits the off position. Then the call will be transferred to the mobile phone.
- For vehicles with factory backup sensors, while a call is active the sensors will not be heard. Please end the call to retain sensor audio.
Wireless Music Streaming: The CRUX BEEBG-33 supports Bluetooth profile A2DP for wireless music streaming. This means you can wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone to the Beeline interface and your factory stereo. Audio is only heard through your vehicle's front speakers. The factory radio offers no music control or song/artist display. All music browsing and song/artist information is still done from your mobile phone.
- The steering wheel controls will only adjust the gain of the Beeline Bluetooth interface. The volume knob on the factory radio will remain the master volume control after you set the interface's gain to match the volume output level of the other sources.
- When using an iPhone, you may encounter pauses (up to 8 seconds) while using music applications.
- For vehicles with factory backup sensors, while music is playing the sensors will not be heard. Please stop music playback to retain sensor audio.
Siri Voice Commands: The CRUX BEEBG-33 supports Siri voice commands for iPhone 4S & 5 (running iOS 6.1.3 or earlier). Siri can be activated from your vehicle's factory radio or steering wheel controls. You can then communicate with Siri through the Beeline Bluetooth interface's external microphone and your vehicle's front speakers.
Note: Siri voice commands may not respond properly with newer iPhone devices running iOS 7 and up. Standard voice command functions may have to be used instead.
OnStar Retention: Once the factory audio system is connected to the Beeline series Bluetooth interface, your vehicle's factory OnStar feature will only work when using the OnStar button on the rear-view mirror. To use your vehicle's steering wheel OnStar button, you must wait for the Bluetooth interface to enter standby mode with not activity between it, your mobile phone, and the vehicle's factory audio system.
Installation & Mounting Options: The CRUX BEEBG-33 installs behind your vehicle's factory radio. The cable of the factory radio gets unplugged and the included T-harness takes it place on back of the radio. Then the factory cable plugs into the T-harness and the T-harness into the interface module. There is also a power/ground harness which plugs into the interface module and the external mic's attached cable. The external mic comes with a sun-visor clip and a self-adhesive bracket for mounting purposes.
4 questions already asked
Easy install, Good instructions, and directions to interface with phone. Works well with my Android phone (LG-G4). Steering wheel controls operation is great. Good volume and control, Callers respond that my voice is as if I was talking directly into my phone.
David D. from Midland, TX