About the Crux BTCR-35M Bluetooth® Interface
Upgrade to Bluetooth
Upgrade to Bluetooth
Everybody wants the handy features of wireless Bluetooth in their car, but if you have an older vehicle you may be out of luck. Until now. Crux's BTCR-35M interface lets you add convenient hands-free calling and audio streaming to the factory radio in a variety of Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, and VW vehicles.
Everything you need
The BTCR-35M package includes an interface module to enable your smartphone's Bluetooth to connect wirelessly, a wiring harness that gives you plug-and-play installation, a cable to plug into your vehicle's AUX input, and a microphone for hands-free calling operation. When a call comes in, the module automatically pauses streaming audio until the end of your call; streaming automatically resumes when the call ends. Digital signal processing (DSP) and echo cancellation ensure that every word is understood.
Steering wheel controls and AUX input required
This interface requires that your compatible vehicle includes factory steering wheel controls and an AUX input to pass call and streaming music audio to your system. You can use your steering wheel controls to answer and end calls, access your smartphone's voice assistant, plus control Bluetooth music streaming. You'll hear your navigation app's voice prompts from the factory speakers while in Bluetooth mode. Once your phone or other device has been paired to the system, it will automatically re-connect to the Bluetooth interface.
- Bluetooth adapter adds hands-free Bluetooth calling and audio streaming to your factory radio
- answer/end calls, access your smartphone's voice assistant, and control streaming audio with your steering wheel audio controls
- automatically pauses streaming during calls
- requires factory steering wheel controls and RCA auxiliary input
- package includes control module, wiring harness, AUX input cable, and microphone
- previously paired devices reconnect automatically
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BTCR-35M
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth module
- 12" Module harness
- 10" T-Harness
- Microphone (attached 13' cable terminated by a proprietary connector)
- Visor bracket (pre-installed on mic)
- 41" 3.5mm audio cable (TRS)
- 1/2" Double-sided adhesive pad
- Installation instructions
Crux BTCR-35M Bluetooth® Interface reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Crux BTCR-35M Bluetooth® Interface
Add-On Bluetooth Interface Adapter: The Crux BTCR-35M allows you to add Bluetooth hands-free communication and wireless audio streaming to the factory radio of select Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Volkswagen vehicles. The BTCR-35M add-on Bluetooth interface installs behind the factory radio using the included T-harness.
Vehicle Compatibility: The BTCR-35M is compatible with the following 2005-2021 Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Volkswagen vehicles that are equipped with a factory Aux Audio Input and factory steering wheel controls.
|Town & Country||2008-2021|
Bluetooth 2.0: Thanks to built-in Bluetooth 2.0 with support for HFP and A2DP/AVRCP, you can enjoy hands-free communication and wireless audio streaming from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone through your vehicle's factory radio and steering wheel controls. The BTCR-35M supports multi-device pairing, but only one device can be connected for calls and playback at a time. The BTCR-35M also allows any previously paired smartphone to automatically re-connect to the add-on Bluetooth interface inside your vehicle.
- Hands-Free Communication: The Crux BTCR-35M adds Bluetooth hands-free communication to your vehicle's factory radio with DSP and Echo-Cancellation for clear conversations on both sides of the phone call. Using your vehicle's steering wheel controls (if equipped), you can answer and end your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone's calls. You will still need to use your smartphone to make phone calls and to view caller ID information. An external wired microphone is included to carry on your side of the conversation, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's front speakers. The BTCR-35M will automatically mute any source as soon as a call is received, and resumes when a call is ended.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The BTCR-35M adds 4-channel Bluetooth audio streaming to your vehicle's factory radio. You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content (such as Navigation apps) from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone to the add-on Bluetooth interface and your vehicle's factory radio. You can operate Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Answer/End Call, and Voice Command (Siri/Google) functions using your vehicle's Track+ and Track- buttons on the steering wheel. Advanced music browsing and song/artist/album information will still need to be done from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone. The BTCR-35M supports the standard SBC codec for Bluetooth (not compatible with aptX or AAC). The BTCR-35M will automatically pause Bluetooth audio streaming when a hands-free call is received and will resume when the call is ended.
- Your factory radio must have an 3.5mm Aux Input source to hear audio from the Crux BTCR-35M add-on Bluetooth interface. A 3.5mm audio cable is provided for connection.
- Your vehicle must have factory steering wheel controls to operate the Crux BTCR-35M.
Mounting Options: The Crux BTCR-35M comes with a bracket that can clip onto your vehicle's sun-visor or pillar. It also includes a small double-sided adhesive pad to surface mount the microphone above your steering column or on the dash.