About the Crux BTCR-35X Bluetooth® Interface
Upgrade to Bluetooth
Upgrade to Bluetooth
Everybody wants the handy features of Bluetooth wireless in their car, but if your Chrysler-built vehicle dates from before the introduction of factory Bluetooth you're out of luck. Until now. Crux's BTCR-35X interface lets you add convenient hands-free calling and audio streaming to your Chrysler radio that you can operate with your steering wheel audio controls.
Everything you need
The BTCR-35X package includes an interface module to enable your Bluetooth, a wiring harness that gives you plug-and-play installation, and a microphone you'll need for hands-free operation. When a call comes in, the module automatically mutes all audio sources and pauses streaming audio until the end of your call; streaming automatically resumes when the call ends. Digital signal processing (DSP) and echo cancellation give you the clarity you need so every word is understood.
Steering wheel controls and Aux input
You can use your vehicle's steering wheel controls to answer and end calls, plus control Bluetooth music streaming. You'll hear your navigation app's voice prompts from the factory speakers while in Bluetooth mode. Once your phone or other device has been paired to the system, it will automatically re-connect to the Bluetooth interface. You'll also get an auxiliary stereo RCA audio input to give you even more ways to connect audio devices to your vehicle.
Note: This interface is only compatible with factory RAQ, RAK, and REC model radios (see Photos). Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if the BTCR-35X is compatible with your vehicle.
- Bluetooth adapter for factory radio
- add hands-free Bluetooth calling and audio streaming to your factory radio
- answer/end calls and control streaming audio with your steering wheel audio controls
- automatically mutes audio and pauses streaming during calls
- harness provides stereo RCA auxiliary input
- package includes control module, wiring harness, and microphone
- previously paired devices reconnect automatically
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BTCR-35X
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth interface adapter
- Microphone (attached 13' cable terminated by a proprietary connector)
- Visor bracket (pre-installed on mic)
Crux BTCR-35X Bluetooth® Interface reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Crux BTCR-35X Bluetooth® Interface
Add-On Bluetooth Interface Adapter: The Crux BeeLine series BTCR-35X allows you to add Bluetooth hands-free communication and wireless audio streaming, as well as an Aux input to the factory radio of select Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep vehicles. The BTCR-35X add-on Bluetooth interface installs behind the factory radio using the included T-harness.
Vehicle Compatibility: The BTCR-35X is compatible with the following 2005-2008 Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep vehicles that are equipped with a factory RAQ, RAK, or REC radio.
Bluetooth 2.0: Thanks to built-in Bluetooth 2.0 with support for HFP and A2DP/AVRCP, you can enjoy hands-free communication and wireless audio streaming from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone through your vehicle's factory radio and steering wheel controls. The BTCR-35X supports multi-device pairing, but only one device can be connected for calls and playback at a time. The BTCR-35X also allows any previously paired smartphone to automatically re-connect to the add-on Bluetooth interface inside your vehicle.
- Hands-Free Communication: The Crux BTCR-35X adds Bluetooth hands-free communication to your vehicle's factory radio with DSP and Echo-Cancellation for clear conversations on both sides of the phone call. Using your vehicle's steering wheel controls (if equipped), you can answer and end your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone's calls. You will still need to use your smartphone to make phone calls and to view caller ID information. An external wired microphone is included to carry on your side of the conversation, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's front speakers. The BTCR-35X will automatically mute any source as soon as a call is received, and resumes when a call is ended.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The BTCR-35X adds 4-channel Bluetooth audio streaming to your vehicle's factory radio. You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content (such as Navigation apps) from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone to the add-on Bluetooth interface and your vehicle's factory radio. You can operate Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track functions from your vehicle's steering wheel controls (if equipped). Advanced music browsing and song/artist/album information will still need to be done from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone. The BTCR-35X supports the standard SBC codec for Bluetooth (not compatible with aptX or AAC). The BTCR-35X will automatically pause Bluetooth audio streaming when a hands-free call is received and will resume when the call is ended.
Note: The Crux BTCR-35X will use your vehicle's XM source function to access the add-on Bluetooth interface as a source. Your vehicle's steering wheel controls will toggle between XM radio and Bluetooth by pressing and holding the Source button.
Aux Input: In addition to Bluetooth, the Crux BTCR-35X provides an analog Aux input. The Aux input consists of a set of stereo RCA jacks and allow you to connect an external portable audio source to your factory radio..
Mounting Options: The Crux BTCR-35X comes with a bracket that can clip onto your vehicle's sun-visor or pillar. It also includes a piece of tape to surface mount it above your steering column or on the dash.
2 questions already asked