About the CRUX ACPGM-80NC Wiring Interface
Use your phone in your GM
Use your phone in your GM
Crux's ACPGM-80NC wiring interface lets you connect your smartphones to the factory radio in select 2013-18 General Motors vehicles. The interface connects your phone's audio to the system via your vehicle's AUX input. You can integrate your smartphone seamlessly into the driving experience, and access content with a voice command or the touch of a finger via Android Auto and Apple CarPlay (USB extension cable is included).
Add backup cameras, or keep the factory cam
The package includes an adapter which allows you to add aftermarket front and rear cameras, plus retain the factory rear-view camera if present. The adapter automatically switches from the rear-view camera to the front camera when the vehicle shifts from reverse to drive.
Note: The ACPGM-80NC is designed for Chevrolet, Buick, and GMC vehicles with the MyLink or Intellilink system, or Cadillac vehicles with the 8" CUE system.
- connect your smartphone to your GM radio
- package includes:
- ACPGM-80N module
- SmartPlay module and T-harness
- OSD controller (to adjust settings)
- USB extension cable, HDMI cable, microphone, and video cables
- designed for Chevrolet, Buick, and GMC models with the MyLink or Intellilink system, or Cadillac vehicles with 8" CUE system
- compatible with Android Auto and CarPlay
- included microphone allows for voice commands
- adds front and rear aftermarket camera inputs
- retains factory backup camera if present
- automatically switches from rear-view camera to front camera when shifting from reverse to drive
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ACPGM-80NC
What's in the box:
- Vehicle interface module
- Smartphone interface module
- OSD controller board
- 45" Vehicle interface T- harness
- 39" Smartphone interface power harness
- 32" LVDS video cable
- 39" HDMI cable
- 40" USB extension cable
- 6.5' Stereo minijack cable
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 8' cable terminated by a male 3-band minijack connector). Visor-clip
- Installation Instructions
CRUX ACPGM-80NC Wiring Interface reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the CRUX ACPGM-80NC Wiring Interface
CRUX Smart-Play Integration System: The CRUX ACPGM-80NC Smart-Play Integration System has a built in Dual-Link module that allows the connection of Apple iOS or Android OS devices and aftermarket cameras to your vehicle's factory system. The CRUX ACPGM-80NC seamlessly integrates with the factory-installed system for CarPlay and Android Auto integration, plus the addition of front & rear cameras (sold separately), or retention of the factory backup camera (if equipped).
Vehicle Compatibility: The CRUX ACPGM-80NC Smart-Play Integration System is compatible with select 2014-2018 GM vehicles that feature a factory 8" CUE or MyLink IO5/IOS System.
Note: There are dip-switches on the included vehicle integration module to identify system type.
Apple CarPlay & Android Auto Integration: The CRUX ACPGM-80NC allows you to integrate Apple CarPlay and Android Auto into your vehicle's factory radio and speaker system via USB connection of your Apple iPhone (iOS 7.1+) or Android smartphone (OS 5.0+). Apple CarPlay & Android Auto apps can be displayed and controlled from your vehicle's factory touchscreen monitor, while audio is heard from your vehicle's factory speakers. A wired microphone is also included that allows you to control Apple CarPlay and Android auto application via your voice using Siri or Google Assistant.
Note: The USB port is only designed for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration. It does not support the connection of other Apple or Android devices. It also does not support USB thumbdrives, HDDs, or card-readers.
Front & Rear Camera Inputs: The CRUX ACPGM-80NC retains your vehicle's factory backup camera (if equipped) and adds dynamic parking guidelines to make backing up and parking easier. It also allows you to add aftermarket backup & front camera (sold separately) to your vehicle's factory radio. The front aftermarket camera will automatically show on the screen when the gear is put to drive from reverse, while the aftermarket backup camera will automatically display on-screen when the gear is put in reverse.
Installation & Connectivity: The CRUX ACPGM-80NC features a two module design with a vehicle interface module and a smartphone integration module that install behind the factory radio and dash.
- The vehicle interface module plugs in between your vehicle's factory touchscreen radio and factory radio harness using the included T-harness and proprietary LVDS video cable.
- The smartphone integration module features a USB-A port and comes with a 40" USB extension cable to connect your Apple CarPlay or Android Auto device. The smartphone integration module also contains a minijack input to connect the included wired microphone for the ability to control CarPlay and Android Auto apps with your voice.
- The smartphone integration module and vehicle interface module connect to one another via the included 39" HDMI cable which allows Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to display on the factory radio's touchscreen.
- The smartphone integration module also features a minijack output and comes with a 6.5' stereo minijack cable to connect to your factory radio's Aux input, so audio from Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is heard through the vehicle's speakers.
- The vehicle interface module's T-harness offers two composite video jacks for adding aftermarket front & rear cameras (sold separately), and can also retain the factory backup camera (if factory equipped).
Note: The vehicle interface module receives its power through the included T-harness that plugs into the factory radio and factory radio harness. The smartphone integration module features a power and ground wire that will need to be hardwired to +12V accessory power and connected to the vehicle's chassis.
OSD Control Pad: The include OSD control pad is connected temporarily to adjust menu settings of the CRUX ACPGM-80NC Smart-Play Integration System through the factory radio's touchscreen. The ACPGM-80NC's on-screen menu automatically pops up on the factory radio's touchscreen when the OSD Control Pad is connected.
Dimensions: See below for dimensions of the vehicle interface and smartphone integration modules.
- Vehicle Interface Module: 5.3125" (w) x 0.8125" (h) x 5.8125" (d)
- Smartphone Integration Module: 8.5625" (w) x 0.9375" (h) x 3.3125" (d)
Product Liability Disclaimer: The CRUX Smart-Play Integration System should not be used by the driver for watching video while driving or operating the vehicle, which is prohibited by law in many states and localities. CRUX Interfacing Solutions and its distributors/dealers shall not be held liable for any consequential, incidental and contingent damages arising from misuse, but not limited to material damage or personal injury resulting, directly or indirectly due to any unauthorized usage of this product.
Note: The user agrees to utilize this product in accordance with the above mentioned stipulations and in compliance with all Local, State and Federal laws. If user does not agree with any of the above safety warnings, end-user shall be legally bound to immediately discontinue use and return this product to place of purchase.
2 questions already asked