About the CRUX ACPLX-12Y Wiring Interface
Use your phone in your Lexus
Use your phone in your Lexus
Crux's ACPLX-12Y wiring interface lets you connect your smartphones to the Infotainment System radio in select 2013-up Lexus vehicles. The interface connects your phone's audio to the system via Bluetooth. You can integrate your smartphone seamlessly into the driving experience, and access content on the radio's screen with a voice command or the touch of a finger via Android Auto and Apple CarPlay (USB extension cable is included). The factory jog wheel or steering wheel controls are used to control the phone interface.
Add backup cameras, or keep the factory cam
The package also includes an adapter which allows you to add aftermarket front and rear cameras, plus retain the factory rear-view camera if present. The adapter automatically switches from the rear-view camera to the front camera when the vehicle shifts from reverse to drive.
Note: The ACPLX-12Y is designed for Lexus vehicles without factory navigation and with factory jog wheel and steering wheel audio controls.
- connect your smartphone to your Lexus radio
- package includes ACPLX-12Y module, wiring harnesses, SmartPlay interface module, OSD controller (to adjust settings), USB extension cable, video cables
- designed for Lexus vehicles without factory navigation and with factory jog wheel and steering wheel audio controls
- compatible with Android Auto and CarPlay (USB extension cable included)
- adds front and rear aftermarket camera inputs
- retains factory backup camera if present
- automatically switches from rear-view camera to front camera when shifting from reverse to drive
- uses factory microphone for voice controls
- uses factory jog wheel and steering wheel audio controls for phone controls
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ACPLX-12Y
What's in the box:
- Main interface module
- Smart-Play module
- OSD Control pad
- Main T-harnesses (interconnected)
- Two 32" GVIF video cables
- 47" USB Extension cable (type-A / 3.0)
- 38" HDMI cable
- Installation instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the CRUX ACPLX-12Y Wiring Interface
Overview: The CRUX ACPLX-12Y Smart-Play interface lets you connect your Android or Apple smartphone to select factory Lexus non-navigation systems, for 2-way mirroring control. Two camera inputs let you add front and rear aftermarket cameras (sold separately) and can also retain functionality of a factory backup camera if present.
- This product should only be used while vehicle is stationary or when displaying fixed menus or for viewing rear-vision camera video when the vehicle is moving.
- This unit must not be used by the driver for watching moving pictures while driving/operating the vehicle, which is also prohibited by law in many States and localities. CRUX Interfacing Solutions and Crutchfield shall not be held liable for any consequential, incidental and contingent damages arising from misuse, but not limited to material damage or personal injury resulting, directly or indirectly due to any unauthorized usage of this product.
Compatibility: The ACPLX-12Y can be installed in the following model Lexus vehicles equipped with a factory non-navigation headunit that features a factory Jog Wheel and steering-wheel controls, which will be required for Smart-Play operation.
- 2014-2017 CT 200h
- 2015-2018 ES 350 / 300h
- 2015-2017 NX 200t / 300h
- 2014-2020 IS 250 / 200t / 300 / 350
- 2015-2019 RC 200t / 250 / 300 / RC F
- 2016-2019 RX 350 / 450h
Smart-Play: A USB (type-A) input on the included Smart-Play module lets you plug in your Android or Apple smartphone, allowing screen mirroring on the factory in-dash screen for either CarPlay or Android Auto. Navigating through the phone's apps and features is done using the factory Jog Wheel and steering-wheel controls. The ACPLX-12Y will retain the factory microphone for use with Smart-Play voice controls.
Camera Integration: The ACPLX-12Y includes 2 composite video inputs for adding front and rear cameras. If a factory backup camera is present, the interface can retain its functionality as well. An OSD Settings menu lets you select which type will be used or if a front or rear camera is even present. Navigation and selection of the OSD Settings is done through the included OSD Control Pad, that temporarily plugs into the interface for the initial setup. Once complete, the OSD Control Pad can be unplugged and stored in a safe location. Power and ground wires are provided for powering/triggering both front and rear cameras, if applicable.
- Rear Camera: Options include selecting the camera type, either OEM or Aftermarket, and the Format (NTSC/PAL). The rear camera input will be activated when the vehicle is put into reverse.
- Front Camera: A front camera can be set to either Front or Side along with the Format (NTSC/PAL). The camera can be set to display the whole time the vehicle is in drive, automatically switching to the rear-view camera when the vehicle is put into reverse. A Timer Detect setting lets you select and apply a 1 to 60 second delay to the front camera input when the shifter is moved from reverse to drive.
Installation: The ACPLX-12Y includes all wiring necessary for installing the Smart-Play interface with direct plug-ins for all connections. T-harnesses integrate into the factory wiring eliminating the need for wire splicing.
Note: If adding aftermarket cameras, additional wiring/splicing will be required.
1 question already asked