About the CRUX ACPLX-12Z Wiring Interface
Use your phone in your Lexus
Use your phone in your Lexus
Crux's ACPLX-12Z wiring interface lets you connect your smartphones to the factory radio in select 2013-up Lexus vehicles. The interface connects your phone's audio to the system via Bluetooth, and lets you mirror your phone's screen to the radio screen via Android Auto and Apple CarPlay (USB extension cable is included). The factory jog mouse or touch pad is used to control the phone interface.
Add backup cameras, or keep the factory cam
The package also includes an adapter which allows you to add aftermarket front and rear cameras, plus retain the factory rear-view camera if present. The adapter automatically switches from the rear-view camera to the front camera when the vehicle shifts from reverse to drive.
Note: The ACPLX-12Z is designed for Lexus vehicles with factory navigation and factory jog mouse or touch pad controls.
- connect your smartphone to your Lexus radio
- package includes ACPLX-12Z module, harnesses, SmartPlay interface, OSD controller (to adjust settings), USB extension cable, video cables
- designed for Lexus vehicles with factory navigation and jog mouse or touch pad controls.
- compatible with Android Auto and CarPlay (USB extension cable included)
- adds front and rear aftermarket camera inputs
- retains factory backup camera if present
- automatically switches from rear-view camera to front camera when shifting from reverse to drive
- uses factory microphone for voice controls
- uses factory jog mouse or touch pad for phone controls
- wiring harnesses included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ACPLX-12Z
What's in the box:
- Main interface module
- Smart-Play module
- OSD Control pad
- Main power T-harness w/ attached factory screen T-harness
- Two 32" GVIF video cables
- 47" USB Extension cable
- 38" HDMI cable
- 39" Minijack cable
- Installation instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the CRUX ACPLX-12Z Wiring Interface
Overview: The CRUX ACPLX-12Z Smart-Play interface lets you connect your Android or Apple smartphone to select factory Lexus OEM Navigation systems, for 2-way mirroring control. Two camera inputs let you add front and rear aftermarket cameras (sold separately) and can also retain functionality of a factory backup camera if present.
- This product should only be used while vehicle is stationary or when displaying fixed menus or for viewing rear-vision camera video when the vehicle is moving.
- This unit must not be used by the driver for watching moving pictures while driving/operating the vehicle, which is also prohibited by law in many States and localities. CRUX Interfacing Solutions and Crutchfield shall not be held liable for any consequential, incidental and contingent damages arising from misuse, but not limited to material damage or personal injury resulting, directly or indirectly due to any unauthorized usage of this product.
Compatibility: The ACPLX-12Z can be installed in the following model Lexus vehicles equipped with OEM Navigation that features a 4 or 5 button Jog Mouse or Touch-Pad, which will be required for Smart-Play operation.
- 2014-2017 CT 200h
- 2013-2018 ES 350 & 450h
- 2013-2014 GS 350 & 450h
- 2015-2017 GS 200t, 350, 450h, GS F
- 2018-2020 GS 300, 350, 450h, GS F
- 2013-2017 LS 460 & 600h L
- 2013-2019 RX 350 & 450h
- 2014-2016 IS 250, 200t, 300, 350
- 2015-2017 RC 200t, 300, 350, RC F
- 2015-2017 NX 200t & 300h
- 2016-2020 LX 570
Smart-Play: A USB (type-A) input on the included Smart-Play module lets you plug in your Android or Apple smartphone, allowing screen mirroring on the factory in-dash screen for either CarPlay or Android Auto. Navigating through the phone's apps and features can be done using the factory Jog Mouse or Touch Pad functions. All audio from the smartphone is passed to the factory navigation radio via a Bluetooth or Aux connection. This is required for both music and phone call audio to be heard through the factory system as well as for voice commands.
Note: No audio will be heard without a Bluetooth connection to the factory navigation radio.
Camera Integration: The ACPLX-12Z includes 2 composite video inputs for adding front and rear cameras. If a factory backup camera is present, the interface can retain its functionality as well. An OSD Settings menu lets you select which type will be used or if a front or rear camera is even present. Navigation and selection of the OSD Settings is done through the included OSD Control Pad, that temporarily plugs into the interface for the initial setup. Once complete, the OSD Control Pad can be unplugged and stored in a safe location. Power and ground wires are provided for powering/triggering both front and rear cameras, if applicable.
- Rear Camera: Options include selecting the camera type, either OEM or Aftermarket, and the Format (NTSC/PAL). Dynamic Parking Guidelines can also be applied to the reverse camera screen. The rear camera input will be activated when the vehicle is put into reverse.
- Front Camera: A front camera can be set to either Front or Side along with the Format (NTSC/PAL). The camera can be set to display the whole time the vehicle is in drive, automatically switching to the rear-view camera when the vehicle is put into reverse. A Timer Detect setting lets you select and apply a 1 to 60 second delay to the front camera input when the shifter is moved from reverse to drive.
Installation: The ACPLX-12Z includes all wiring necessary for installing the Smart-Play interface with direct plug-ins for all connections. T-harnesses integrate into the factory wiring eliminating the need for wire splicing.
Note: If adding aftermarket cameras, additional wiring/splicing will be required.
1 question already asked