About the Crux CS-PRS3
Add cameras to your factory radio
Add cameras to your factory radio
Your Porsche is perfect, except...you don't have any built-in cameras. If you have a low-slung ride, a front-view camera can help you avoid inevitable bumper scraping. And a backup cam is more than just a convenience feature, it makes for safer driving. Crux's CS-PRS3 camera interface lets you incorporate a backup cam as well as a front camera for use with your Porsche's factory touchscreen radio. Crux's included interface and vehicle-specific harnesses allow some nice options, including a selectable constant front-view, a picture-in-picture mode with both front- and rear-view, and of course, automatic switching to your rear view when you shift into reverse.
Setup and installation
Cameras are not included, but Crux allows you to incorporate any aftermarket camera with a composite video plug. Once installed, Crux allows you to fine-tune your settings using your factory radio.
Important note: Please confirm compatibility by using our vehicle selector or speaking with an advisor.
- interface for adding cameras to select 2009-16 Porsche vehicle factory radios
- integration module for select factory touchscreens
- vehicle-specific harnesses
- cameras not included
- onscreen programming and setting adjustments
- automatic and manual camera-switching modes
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CS-PRS3
What's in the box:
- Integration module
- 12" T-harness w/ attached male composite video plug / 2 female composite video plugs / 2 bare-ended camera trigger wires (white&green)
- Instruction manual
Crux CS-PRS3 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Crux CS-PRS3
Overview: Crux CS-PRS3 (PCM-3F)) integration system allows you to add up to two after-market cameras (both sold separately), one rear-view and one front-view, to select Porsche vehicles equipped with PCM 3.1 or 3.0 (Cayenne only) Systems, both with factory navigation. Two trigger wires allow separate adjustable switching of each camera input.
Harnesses: The CS-PRS3 includes a T-harness that interfaces the wiring at the back of the factory radio and provides a 12" pigtail that attaches to the Crux integration module for integration into the vehicle. Two female composite video plugs provide the connections for front and rear aftermarket cameras. A female composite video plug can be connected to the male Rear-View plug, providing a "video loop" if keeping an existing factory rear-view camera, but adding a front-view camera. Two bare-ended wires from the T-harness can provide power for aftermarket cameras, each supplying +12V (1A max.).
- Green: Rear camera power output.
- White: Front camera power output.
Integration Module: The CS-PRS3 integration module gets connected to the aforementioned T-harness and can be tucked away in the dash behind the radio. As the "brain" of the system, it allows the factory radio to automatically switch its source to display the rear-view image when the vehicle is put into reverse. The front camera input will display while the vehicle is in Drive until the vehicle reaches 12 MPH, then shut off.
- DIP Switches: The module includes a 6 setting DIP switch matrix that gets set based on the specific type of factory in-dash system being interfaced, and whether VIM (Video in Motion) is active or not.
- Video Inputs: Two composite video inputs are provided for aftermarket front and rear cameras.
- OEM Camera Connection: A single female composite video plug can be used as a "video loop" when retaining a factory rear-view camera, but adding a front-view camera.
- Status LEDs: Two status LEDs (Red & Blue) located beside the module's Molex input provide feedback during initial coding of the system.
Coding (PCM 3.1): Once the CS-PRS3 is fully installed, it will need to be coded, or "learned", by the factory system when installing with PCM 3.1 factory navigation headunit. The coding process is necessary for recognizing an aftermarket rear-view camera and for integrating the factory ParkAssist feature. It also allows the system to learn factory steering wheel functions, including the PDC (Parking Distance Control).
|Porsche||Compatible Navigation Systems|
|2014-2016 Macan||PCM 3.1 Navigation Systems & PCM 3.0 (Cayenne only) Navigation Systems|
|2014-2016 911 GT3|
|2014 - 2016 Boxster|
|2009 - 2016 Cayenne|
|2014 - 2016 Cayman|
|2010 - 2016 Panamera|
3 questions already asked