About the Crux SWRNS-63U Wiring Interface
You'll only be able to retain your steering wheel audio controls with a compatible car stereo made by Alpine, Blaupunkt, Clarion, JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, or Sony. No other brands are currently compatible. Check the Details tab to see if steering wheel audio controls are retained in your vehicle.
Add a new radio
Installing a new car stereo can often mean losing your vehicle's steering wheel audio controls. Crux's wiring interface solves this problem, allowing you to install a new receiver while retaining the steering wheel controls.
Connect the SWRNS-63U to select car stereos (see Details for more information) and you'll be able to keep most factory features intact. The interface does not support amplified systems or rear seat entertainment, and it doesn't retain factory navigation.
- connect a new stereo in select 2007-2012 Nissan vehicles
- retain your steering wheel audio controls with select car stereos
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SWRNS-63U
What's in the box:
- Radio replacement interface module
- Wiring harness
- Antenna adapter harness
- 2 SWC harnesses
- Bluetooth bypass harness
- Installation Instructions
More details on the Crux SWRNS-63U Wiring Interface
Nissan Radio Replacement Interface: The CRUX SWRNS-63U is a radio replacement interface for select 2007-2012 Nissan vehicles. It facilitates the integration of an aftermarket radio to enable retention of factory features when replacing a factory installed radio in select Nissan vehicles. This interface is also pre-programmed for retention of steering wheel controls.
Note: This Nissan radio replacement interface does not support factory amplified systems, RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment), or Factory Display.
Compatibility: The CRUX SWRNS-63U is supported by the following 2007-2012 Nissan vehicles; with non-amplified factory audio systems only.
Steering Wheel Control Retention: The CRUX SWRNS-63U also features a steering wheel control output for Pioneer, Sony, Alpine, Clarion, Kenwood, JVC, and Blaupunkt aftermarket head units. The steering wheel control output consists of a right-angle 3.5mm connector and a light blue/yellow wire (use the connection that your aftermarket head unit is fitted with). The SWRNS-63U interface module will work with any of the listed aftermarket head units, by setting its three dip-switches (see owner's manual for appropriate setting).
- There are two steering wheel control harnesses labeled "Pioneer/Sony" and "Alpine/Clarion/Kenwood/JVC"). You will only plug in one of these harnesses into the interface module, based on the type aftermarket head unit you are installing.
- In select Nissan vehicles, the factory Bluetooth buttons on the steering wheel are routed through the factory Bluetooth module. The factory Bluetooth module cannot be retained with the new aftermarket radio. You must bypass the factory Bluetooth module by plugging in the NSBT-BP (included in the kit) to the Bluetooth module to use the factory Bluetooth buttons.
Wiring Harness: The SWRNS-63U includes a wiring harness with a single 20-pn molex connector that plugs into your vehicle's factory radio harness. the SWRNS-63U interface module. On the other end of the harness is a 12-pin connector that plugs into the interface module. The wiring harness also provides bare-wire leads (power/ground, speaker, illumination, antenna, turn-on, and vss) which will need to be hardwired to your aftermarket head unit's wiring harness.
|Red||+12 Volt Accessory|
|Yellow||+12 Volt Constant|
|White||Left Front Speaker +|
|White/black||Left Front Speaker -|
|Gray||Right Front Speaker +|
|Gray/black||Right Front Speaker -|
|Green||Left Rear Speaker +|
|Green/black||Left Rear Speaker -|
|Purple||Right Rear Speaker +|
|Purple/black||Right Rear Speaker -|
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked