About the Crux RVCMB-78M Rear-view Interface
You've probably already taken advantage of your Metris' convenient size and agility to get in and out of some tight spots, but it never hurts to have an extra pair of eyes. Crux's RVCMB-78M rear-view interface lets you add a backup camera to the factory Audio 15 display in your 2016-18 Mercedes-Benz Metris van. This Crux system includes a wiring harness that plugs directly into your vehicle's factory radio and a module that adapts the camera signal to your factory display screen. The package includes a lip-mount camera, or you can install any 12-volt camera with a composite video connector.
- compatible with select 2016-18 Mercedes-Benz Metris vans with an Audio 15 receiver
- system includes factory harness and adapter module
- lip-mount backup camera included
- composite video input connects to most aftermarket backup cameras
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RVCMB-78M
What's in the box:
- Integration module
- 14" T-harness
- Rear-view camera w/ attached 46" video cable (terminated in a proprietary 4-pin connector)
- 20' Video extension cable (male composite video plug w/ 5" bare-ended power wire on one end / female proprietary 4-pin plug on other end w/ 3' bare-ended power&ground wires)
- 10" FAKRA to RCA adapter
- 18.5mm (0.73") hole saw bit
- Installation instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Crux RVCMB-78M Rear-view Interface
Overview: Crux RVCMB-78M Rear-View Integration System lets you to add a rear-view camera (included) to select Mercedes Metris vehicles equipped with a factory Audio 15 radio. When the vehicle is put into reverse, the integration module will automatically switch the factory radio to the rear-camera display.
T-Harness: The included T-harness interfaces the factory wiring at the back of the factory radio and provides a 12" pigtail that gets plugged into the integration module. The T-harness also includes a 12" bare-ended white wire that attaches to the 20' video extension cable's red power wire, providing power to the camera.
Integration Module: The RVCMB-78M integration module plugs into the included T-harness and gets tucked away in the dash behind the radio. As the "brain" of the system, it allows the factory radio to automatically switch its source to display the rear-view image when the vehicle is put into reverse. The module includes a 6 setting DIP switch matrix that gets set based on the factory system's rear-view function.
Camera: The included lip-mount rear-view camera will require drilling an 18.5mm (0.73") mounting hole, using the provided hole-saw bit. The base of the camera includes a spring-clip collar, allowing it to simply "snap" into the mounting hole. The camera is designed so that it can either be lip mounted (upside-down, default) or top mounted. If top mounting, the image can be flipped by cutting the blue loop wire on the camera cable:
- White Loop: Cut to remove parking lines.
- Blue Loop: Cut for top mounting the camera (default: lip mount).
- 2016-2018: Mercedes Metris with factory Audio 15 radio.
- Width: 1.026"
- Height: 1.087"
- Total Depth: 1.40" (incl. wire)
- Mounting Depth: 0.680" (incl. wire)
- Cutout Diameter: 0.73" (18.5mm)