About the Crux RVCFD-79A
Pick the backup cam that's right for you
You have lots of options when it comes to backup cameras, and Crux's RVCFD-79A rear-view interface lets you connect any camera with a composite video output to the Ford radio's 4" display in your 2012-18 Ford or Lincoln. This Crux system supplies a module and a factory-compatible wiring harness that plugs into the back of your Ford radio. The backup camera is not included in this package.
- compatible with select 2012-up Ford and Lincoln vehicles with a 4" factory radio screen
- system includes factory harness and compatibility module
- backup camera not included
- composite video input for use with most aftermarket backup cameras
- works with automatic transmissions and gasoline engines
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RVCFD-79A
What's in the box:
- Integration module
- 12" T-harness w/female composite video input plug
- Instruction manual
Crux RVCFD-79A reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Crux RVCFD-79A
Overview: Crux RVCFD-79 integration system allows you to add an after-market rear-view camera (not included) to select Ford and Lincoln vehicles equipped with a 4" Full Color Screen Radio. When the vehicle is put into reverse, the integration module will automatically switch the factory radio to the rear-camera display.
T-Harness: The included 12-pin t-harness interfaces at the back of the factory radio and provides an 8" pigtail that gets plugged into the integration module. The t-harness also includes a 16" female composite video plug, for use with just about any universal rear-camera, as well as the following bare ended wires:
- White: Camera power output (+12 VDC / 500 mA max.)
- Black: Camera ground
- Green: VIM (Vehicle In Motion): Applying +12 V to this wire allows the rear-view camera to be displayed continually while the vehicle is not in reverse
Note: The White and Black camera power/ground wires will need to be extended from the dash to the rear of the vehicle where the camera will be mounted.
Integration Module: The RVCFD-79 integration module plugs into the included t-harness and gets tucked away in the dash behind the radio. As the "brain" of the system, it allows the factory radio to automatically switch its source to display the rear-view image when the vehicle is put into reverse.
Vehicle Compatibility: The RVCFD-79 is compatible with the following Ford and Lincoln vehicles equipped with a factory Ford 4" full color screen.
|Transit 50/Transit Connect||2014-2017|
Note: Vehicles with manual transmission or diesel engines are not compatible.