About the CRUX SOCGM-17 Wiring Interface
Installing an aftermarket receiver in many late model GM vehicles means losing the chime that warns the door is open, along with audible safety warnings. The Crux SOCGM-17 GM Class II Data Bus interface lets you replace the factory receiver in these vehicles and keep the door chime and all audible safety warnings.
Connect the SOCGM-17 to the wiring harness on your new car stereo, mount the module in a convenient location, and plug it into the existing factory plug. Get the great sound you want, and keep all important safety features intact. This interface does not work with GM's Premium Bose® systems or Onstar®, and it won't allow you to keep your factory steering wheel audio controls. It will work with the standard Bose system. Warranty: 1 year.
Important Note: If you do not use an interface like this when you replace your factory radio, you will disable the audible warning system in your vehicle. Crutchfield cannot provide a free wiring harness for your vehicle, and we strongly recommend that you use the recommended interface when replacing this vehicle's factory radio. Failure to do so may result in serious injury or death.
- lets you install an aftermarket receiver in late model GM vehicles without losing the door chime and audible safety warnings
- will not work with factory steering wheel controls, Bose® or OnStar® systems
- dimensions: 3-7/16"W x 1-1/16"H x 2-7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SOCGM-17
What's in the box:
- 2000-up GM Class II radio replacement interface module
- 11" GM Class II wiring harness
- Installation Instructions
CRUX SOCGM-17 Wiring Interface reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the CRUX SOCGM-17 Wiring Interface
Radio Replacement Interface: The CRUX SOCGM-17 radio replacement interface retains select factory features in General Motors Class II vehicles when replacing your factory radio with an aftermarket head unit. The CRUX SOCGM-17 retains the following factory feature set.
- 12 Volt Accessory output (4 Amp)
- RAP (Retained Accessory Power) - keeps the radio powered after the key is off, until the driver door is opened or the OEM timer ends; whichever happens first
- Illumination Output (2A. max)
- Telephone Negative Mute Trigger (Input)
- Low Voltage (Battery Run-Down Protection)
- Retains safety & warning chimes
Note: This interface does not support GM's Premium Bose System (Y-91 system), steering wheel control, or OnStar.
Vehicle Compatibility: The CRUX SOCGM-17 radio replacement interface works with the following 2000-up GM vehicles with Class II system.
GM Class II Harness: The included GM Class II wiring harness features a 24-pin connector which plugs into your vehicle's factory radio harness and a 16-pin connector which plugs into the SOCGM-17 interface module. The GM Class II wiring harness also provides the following bare-wire leads which will need to be soldered or crimped to your aftermarket head unit's wiring harness:
|Red||+12 Volt Accessory|
|Yellow||+12 Volt Constant|
|White||Left Front Speaker +|
|White/Black||Left Front Speaker -|
|Gray||Right Front Speaker +|
|Gray/Black||Right Front Speaker -|
|Green||Left Rear Speaker +|
|Green/Black||Left Rear Speaker -|
|Violet||Right Rear Speaker +|
|Violet/Black||Right Rear Speaker -|
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
11 questions already asked