About the Crux SWRAD-55 Wiring Interface
Wire in a new radio
You'll only be able to retain your steering wheel audio controls with a compatible car stereo made by Alpine, Blaupunkt, Clarion, JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, or Sony. No other brands are currently compatible. Check the Details tab to see if steering wheel audio controls are retained in your vehicle.
Wire in a new radio
Crux's SWRAD-55 interface ensures that you can keep the steering wheel audio controls and the factory amplifier in your Audi when you replace the original radio. Connect this interface to the wires on your new car stereo's wiring harness, and you've covered the power, ground, and factory speaker connections for your new stereo.
The SWRAD-55 interface also offers the reverse, illumination, and Vehicle Speed Sensor (V.S.S.) outputs that you'll need if you're installing a navigation receiver. The Crux interface works with either amplified or non-amplified factory systems. See Details for a list of compatible car stereos.
- connect a new stereo in select 2001-13 Audi models
- retain your steering wheel audio controls and factory amp (if present)
- provides Vehicle Speed Sensor (V.S.S.), reverse gear, and illumination connections for installing navigation receivers
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SWRAD-55
What's in the box:
- Radio replacement interface module (for Audi)
- 2 Wiring harnesses
- 2 SWC harnesses
- Installation Instructions
Crux SWRAD-55 Wiring Interface reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Crux SWRAD-55 Wiring Interface
Audi Radio Replacement Interface: The CRUX SWRAD-55 is a radio replacement interface for select 2001-2010 Audi vehicles. It facilitates the integration of an aftermarket radio to enable retention of factory features when replacing a factory installed radio in select Audi cars. This interface is also pre-programmed for retention of steering wheel controls.
Compatibility: The CRUX SWRAD-55 is supported by the following 2001-20110 Audi vehicles; with non-amplified or amplified factory audio systems (including Bose).
Steering Wheel Control Retention: The CRUX SWRAD-55 also features a steering wheel control output for Pioneer, Sony, Alpine, Clarion, Kenwood, JVC, and Blaupunkt aftermarket head units. The steering wheel control output consists of a right-angle 3.5mm connector and a light blue/yellow wire (use the connection that your aftermarket head unit is fitted with). The SWRAD-55 interface module will work with any of the listed aftermarket head units, by setting its three dip-switches (see owner's manual for appropriate setting).
- The steering wheel control harness features two 4-pin connectors (labeled - Pioneer/Sony and Alpine/Clarion/Kenwood/JVC). You will only plug in one of these connectors to the interface module, based on the type aftermarket head unit you are installing.
- The Phone/Voice button on the steering wheel controls is not retained in the 2006 AUDI A3 Hatchback with Concert Radio.
Navigation Outputs: The CRUX SWRAD-55 radio replacement interface module provides a VSS (vehicle speed sense) and a Reverse Gear output to make installing an aftermarket Navigation radio simpler and less time consuming.
Amp Turn-On: The CRUX SWRAD-55 provides an amplifier turn-on lead for your vehicle's factory amplifiers (if equipped). Make sure to connect this wire if your vehicle features a factory Bose system or factory rear sub.
Wiring Harness: The SWRAD-55 includes two wiring harnesses; there is a 3-connector factory harness (20-/8-/8-pin) and a 1-connector (44-pin) factory harness. Only one will be used based on the type of factory plug behind your radio. Each harness also features a 12-pin connector that plugs into the SWRAD-55 interface module. The wiring harness also provides bare-wire leads (power/ground, speaker, illumination, turn-on, and navigation) which will need to be hardwired to your aftermarket head unit's wiring harness. In addition, RCA connectors are provided for vehicles with factory amplifiers. These RCA connectors plug into the RCA preamp-outputs on the back of your aftermarket head unit.
|Red||+12 Volt Accessory|
|Yellow||+12 Volt Constant|
|White||Left Front Speaker +|
|White/black||Left Front Speaker -|
|Gray||Right Front Speaker +|
|Gray/black||Right Front Speaker -|
|Green||Left Rear Speaker +|
|Green/black||Left Rear Speaker -|
|Purple||Right Rear Speaker +|
|Purple/black||Right Rear Speaker -|
|Purple/white||VSS (vehicle speed sensor)|
|White RCA||Left Front Speakers|
|Gray RCA||Right Front Speakers|
|Green RCA||Left Rear Speakers|
|Purple RCA||Right Rear Speakers|
Notes: Speaker and RCA connection will depend on what type of factory audio system you have in your vehicle.
- For Non-Bose Systems: Connect the eight speaker wires of this harness to the front & rear speaker wire leads of your aftermarket head unit's wiring harness (RCA-connectors are not used).
- For Non-Bose Systems w/ Rear Factory Sub Amp: Connect the front channel speaker wires of this harness to the front speaker wire leads of your aftermarket head unit's wiring harness; then connect the rear RCA connectors of this harness to your aftermarket head unit's rear-channel preamp outputs (in this scenario, your aftermarket head unit must be equipped with at least two preamp outputs).
- For Bose Systems: Connect all four RCA connectors (front & rear) of this harness to your aftermarket head unit's front & rear-channel preamp outputs (speaker wire leads are not used). Your aftermarket head unit must be equipped with two sets of preamp outputs (front & rear).
1 question already asked