About the Pro-Ject RPM 1 Carbon
Striking looks and solid sound quality
Striking looks and solid sound quality
The RPM 1 Carbon doesn't look like most turntables on the market. Its unusual three-point low-resonance chassis helps resist vibrations that can obscure the fine sonic details you expect to hear when listening to vinyl.
The turntable's heavy MDF platter spins on an inverted bearing with a ceramic ball for smooth, silent rotation. An isolated motor assembly and belt drive system keep vibration away from the chassis, preventing noise from being transferred to the cartridge. And the table's S-shaped tonearm is made from carbon fiber, aluminum, and resin for maximum rigidity and internal damping that minimize resonance.
The cherry on top of the proverbial sundae is a factory-mounted Sumiko Rainier moving magnet cartridge. The Rainier features an integrated body style and an elliptical diamond stylus that tracks a record groove with precision. Solid frequency response in the 15-25,000 Hz range ensures that you can hear every note in your favorite recordings.
- 12" resonance-optimized medium density fiberboard (MDF) platter with felt mat
- precision inverted bearing with ceramic ball for smooth platter rotation, greater speed accuracy, and low wow-and-flutter
- low-vibration belt drive design
- one-piece S-shaped tonearm made from carbon, aluminum, and resin for better rigidity and internal vibration damping
- tonearm offers easy adjustment of vertical tracking angle and azimuth for optimized playback performance and cartridge-matching
- includes pre-mounted Sumiko Rainier moving magnet cartridge
- frequency response 15-25,000 Hz
- medium density fiberboard (MDF) plinth with three nylon cone feet
- 15-volt AC motor driven with ultra-precise AC generator and DC power supply
- magnetic anti-skating for easy setup and more precise tracking
- isolated motor assembly optimized for low noise and speed stability
- manual operation with silicone-damped tonearm lift
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds with manual speed change
- speed drift: ±0.27% at 33 RPM, ±0.19% at 45 RPM
- wow and flutter: ±0.14% at 33 RPM, ±0.13% at 45 RPM
- signal-to-noise ratio: 71 dB
- detachable RCA audio cable included
- dust cover not included
Dimensions and warranty:
What's in the box:
- Turntable (tonearm and cartridge installed)
- AC power supply (attached 6.5' DC cord)
- 3 AC plug adapters (US/UK/EU)
- MDF platter
- Felt mat
- 47" RCA stereo cable (attached ground wire)
- 45 RPM adapter
- Anti-skate weight
- Counter weight
- 3 Protective discs
- 2 Hex-keys
- Stylus Pressure Gauge
- Two-Point Cartridge Alignment Protractor
- Instructions For Use
- Warranty Information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pro-Ject RPM 1 Carbon
Precision Belt Drivem with Inverted Platter Bearing System: The Pro-Ject RPM 1 Carbon features a precision belt-drive system using a quiet running synchronous motor. It supports both 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds.The turntable's low resonance MDF chassis holds a newly designed inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball for further reduced rumble. The platter is made from 300mm MDF and features a felt mat.
Outboard Motor & External Power Supply: An outboard 15V AC motor is smoothly driven using an ultra-precision AC generator with DC power supply for further enhanced speed stability.
S-Shaped Tonearm: A completely new designed S-shaped 8.6" tonearm tube is made from carbon fiber, aluminum and resin. Using a complex 3-step process with heat treatment and 100 bar pressure, the arm tube rigidity is strenghtened, internal damping is maximized, and resonances are reduced to a minimum. This makes the tonearm also suitable for MC cartridges. Additional features of the tonearm are a new magnetic antiskating mechanism and a TPE-damped counterweight.
Sumiko Rainier MM Cartridge: The Pro-Ject RPM 1 Carbon comes with a pre-installed Sumiko Rainier MM (Moving-Magnet) Cartridge that delivers a broad soundstage with clarity, dynamics, and warmth.
Gold-Plated RCA Outputs: The Pro-Ject RPM 1 Carbon is outfitted with a set of gold-plate stereo RCA outputs that provide excellent audio signal transfer and resistance against corrosion. A high-quality stereo RCA cable is included. Pro-Ject's Connect-it-E cable is a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable, with superior shielding. However, you can always upgrade to an even high quality cable if preffered.
Spike Feet: The RPM 1 Carbon employs 3 composite spike feet to isolate the turntable from the mounting surface. Protective discs are included to protect your shelf, stand, or other mounting surface from scratches. The feet are fixed; not adjustable and non-removable.
MDF Plinth with High Gloss Finish: The Pro-Ject RPM 1 Carbon's attractive, low-resonance MDF plinth is available in 3 high-gloss color finishes; choose from Black, White, or Red.
No Dust Cover: This turntable does not come with a dust cover.
1 question already asked